The Grill and BBQ thread

Wife wanted rack of lamb for new year’s but when I went to Whole Foods the bone in leg of lamb was on sale so I got both (thank you gift card). She wants the rack done in the rotisserie because she knows she likes it that way but I want to smoke the leg. Anyone with any experience with that piece/cut? Good ideas for rubs, injections, sauces? Open to any and all suggestions as long as it isn’t mint jelly.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
One recipe I want to try has the drippings and red wine for the au jus.
I always dry brine. So there isn't much in the way of drippings.

I tend to do a "pan sauce" from the juice left in the pan after the roast rests. Toss in a little red wine, reduce down, seasoning to taste.

Last edited:
Since I had to work Christmas I cooked the dinner tonight. I did my 1st ever prime rib. I planned to smoke it, but the weather didn't cooperate so I had to do it in the oven. I think it turned out pretty good for a first try, and the wife & kid loved it. Seasoning was garlic salt & pepper and a little Tony Chacheres creole Seasoning. I cooked it a little more done than I prefer because the family wanted it more medium.

Attachments

• 20221226_212643.jpg
    20221226_212643.jpg
    844.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20221226_212702.jpg
    20221226_212702.jpg
    805.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20221226_212724.jpg
    20221226_212724.jpg
    737.8 KB · Views: 12
Just got a Traeger Pellet Smoker…haven’t even seasoned it yet. Any suggestions or
Tips

#1 rule for new Traeger owners. DO NOT let wife know how easy it is to use. Otherwise you lose the whole "I've got to watch the smoker" excuse to get out of going to estate sales and other girly stuff.

Other than that, just be creative and start throwing stuff on...not just butts and ribs...mac and cheese, meat loaf, root veggies, I even threw watermelon on it one 4th of July - it wasn't great but you never know, right? How about a smoked blackberry cobbler?

Let us know how it goes and have fun!

Last edited:
#1 rule for new Traeger owners. DO NOT let wife know how easy it is to use. Otherwise you lose the whole "I've got to watch the smoker" excuse to get out of going to estate sales and other girly stuff.

Other than that, just be creative and start throwing stuff on...not just butts and ribs...mac and cheese, meat loaf, root veggies, I even threw watermelon on it one 4th of July - it wasn't great but you never know, right? How about a smoked blackberry cobbler?

Let us know how it goes and have fun!
Haha I’ll take that advice. Yea I’m anxious to see what all I can make on it.

Reactions: JCHateSteve

VN Store

Back