The Grill and BBQ thread

Going to do a Chateaubriand for Christmas - I've reverse seared before to excellent results. Anyone try Sous Vide on one? I have both options just wondering which to try.

I'll buy a whole tenderloin and cut it up myself - best burgers ever come from the scraps

Reactions: Boca Vol
Going to do a Chateaubriand for Christmas - I've reverse seared before to excellent results. Anyone try Sous Vide on one? I have both options just wondering which to try.

I'll buy a whole tenderloin and cut it up myself - best burgers ever come from the scraps
Exactly what I do. Personally, I enjoy the mild smokiness of the reverse sear. I did two last weekend for my office party and they were a hit. Don't skimp on the rub, as you don't get much surface seasoned area per serving.

I made a nice horseradish cream sauce to accompany.

Exactly what I do. Personally, I enjoy the mild smokiness of the reverse sear. I did two last weekend for my office party and they were a hit. Don't skimp on the rub, as you don't get much surface seasoned area per serving.

I made a nice horseradish cream sauce to accompany.

when I did it before I did a butter rub with (I can't remember the herb) and SPG. bernaise sauce for me

Reactions: kiddiedoc
Anybody tried Kurvball BBQ Whiskey yet? I know this isn't the whiskey thread, but it's more of a BBQ thing to me, Freak. 😬

It literally tastes like you're drinking BBQ! Not sure I want a whole glass of it on the rocks but pretty interesting. Their web site lists a few drink recipes, including a BBQ Bloody - may try that one...

Lady at the liquor store said she mops her butts in it.

Anybody tried Kurvball BBQ Whiskey yet? I know this isn't the whiskey thread, but it's more of a BBQ thing to me, Freak. 😬

It literally tastes like you're drinking BBQ! Not sure I want a whole glass of it on the rocks but pretty interesting. Their web site lists a few drink recipes, including a BBQ Bloody - may try that one...

Lady at the liquor store said she mops her butts in it.

sounds like she was hitting on you...

Reactions: Boca Vol
What do you do with this? Make sandwiches?

O.T.T. is Over The Top Chili.

StackPath

I added 2 poblano peppers and a can of beer. I also used 3 cans of beans (black, light kidney, & dark Kidney). Also, instead of the spices used in the recipe I used a full cup of Oak Ridge BBQ's Texas Red mix.

VN Store

Back