The future is here-

Pretty much said the same thing about JG. He was 1st or 2nd rated qb in nation.

Let's wait till fall practice. I've learned the hard way, don't believe all the hype.
It was well known he wasn’t going to start over Josh Dobbs. Sometimes hype is truth...catch up whenever you feel the need to start.

It is stated in vid "no. 2 QB" if this so, then who and what is the no. 1? Lord, he must be beyond description. Now, I have said this before, no doubt Harrison is really good, but he can not be much better than the guys catching the ball. Some of the passes caught in this vid,,, go get his receivers. The best throwing qbs are not too good without really good ball catchers!
It’s routes against air. Just like in pro days, they don’t need All American receivers to highlight a QB’s passing acumen. If they did, a lot of NFL hopefuls would be SOL.

Reactions: savannahfan
Apples and Oranges Dude- Furyk get's away with it because a 300 lb angry D Lineman isn't trying to kill him. Mechanics for a QB are very important. Look at Tim Tebow's slow delivery. Does not work. Throwing mechanics matter greatly .
You’re right about Tebow. When he was in college I got hammered for saying he wouldn’t be a pro qb at all much less top tier. So my argument is the ABILITY to have good mechanics is critical which Tebow lacked. Other examples such as Aaron Rodgers, Pat Mahommes have the ability and imply them in clean pockets. What makes them dangerous is their ability to throw off platform with flawed mechanics without losing accuracy or velocity. And Lamar Jackson is the total freak that makes NO sense. His mechanics are seriously flawed yet he’s accurate unlike Tebow. There’s really no explanation for him other than he just makes it work.

The common denominator here is qbs with the ability to run don’t seem to always need flawless mechanics. However in the case of Bailey being a pure pocket passer, he needs a base to throw from. So both arguments are correct imo. It just depends on the qbs playing style.

Reactions: 1SmokinVol
Best route to take. Even Peyton wasn't impressive as a freshman in the 1st 5-6 games he played in. Just the nature of the beast in the SEC with these good defensive coordinators. Takes about1/2 season to find your rythym and get comfortable. Maurer might have made it had he managed to get 5 straight games in but his rythym never got established. As good as HB can potentially be, I doubt he will come out smoking. Might be in his best interest and UT's to red-shirt both him and Holiday.

If he's the best option then no.

Had Maurer been able to stay healthy and gain traction, then our QB situation would already be decided.

As it stands now, QB is still the unsolved mystery. Need someone to take charge and be the man.

14....mind your own business Jr., this ain't your argument. Oh, never mind, you don't understand what I'm talking about. 14...Quote the Raven, never more.

It was a joke, guess people can't take those anymore without getting offended. And by calling me Jr., I guess you are in your 70's? Ok pops. I'm only in my 50's. But I do get that message boards are just opinions and such. Take it with a grain of salt. Besides, we already have posters who get all bent out of shape over others posts. I, just am not one of those. It's a football forum, that is all. Hope you enjoy your time on here and can have some light back and forth with the other posters. Welcome.

VN Store

Back