The future is here-

Walmart checklist:

Dip
Drool rag for Bailey videos
Dr.Pepper
An extra drool rag for Bailey videos

Put headphones on or turn up computer, your going to qant to see and hear this-

It is stated in vid "no. 2 QB" if this so, then who and what is the no. 1? Lord, he must be beyond description. Now, I have said this before, no doubt Harrison is really good, but he can not be much better than the guys catching the ball. Some of the passes caught in this vid,,, go get his receivers. The best throwing qbs are not too good without really good ball catchers!

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and 1vol8
He will get the chance if he wins the job. If he impresses so much this spring I believe we lose Mauer and Shrout because why would you stick around if he beats you out.

The reason to stick around - starting QB injuries tend to be great injuries to the team if no one fairly good is ready to come in. AND great QBs do get injured. Most recent, ask Bama. Maybe one of our guys goes elsewhere but hope one stays, I figure he will be needed from time to time.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
His job is to get subscribers. So he does blow SOME smoke. He's not lying about HB.

I certainly didn’t think he was lying. HB has everything it takes to be a good QB at Tennessee but if he wants to be great I’m sure he could stand to have some things polished a bit.

This thread makes it clear why one shouldn't put helium in a 1968 Mustang.

What is the school of thought here? Would it be better to just go ahead and start him, baptism by fire, and let him get some much needed experience or does that create the potential for the game to get in his head? JG, our beloved psych major, hear’s footsteps now that he took such a beating early in his career. I personally think if he shows he can do it get him playing time. Especially considering this should be the best offensive line we have had for awhile.

Maybe, I just thought he could afford to be a little critical. He’s coming out of HS not going into the HOF.
It’s videos like this and the commercial way of Georgia Hs football that are putting the pressure on this kid to never meet expectations. He has flaws just as any of the others do regardless of the lack of talking about them and those flaws will show up just as they always have for every other freshman qb.

Reactions: tbones0711
Really none of what I saw in this video will determine when or even if he takes over. His physical talent isn't in question. But UT has a room full of physically talented QB's now.

What will separate them is decisions/reads, fitting the ball into to the right/small window, and management of the whole O. The only guy we have a real clear impression of is JG. He's vulnerable unless he improves significantly on those first two things.

Reactions: 1vol8
The reason to stick around - starting QB injuries tend to be great injuries to the team if no one fairly good is ready to come in. AND great QBs do get injured. Most recent, ask Bama. Maybe one of our guys goes elsewhere but hope one stays, I figure he will be needed from time to time.
will be interesting no doubt looking forward to competition battles

Reactions: savannahfan
Pretty much said the same thing about JG. He was 1st or 2nd rated qb in nation.

Let's wait till fall practice. I've learned the hard way, don't believe all the hype.
Agree. Even though I have about a million times more confidence in Pruitt's ability to evaluate talent than Jones... you really do not know how a prospect will do until they get on the field and start proving themselves.

I get pessimist's, we have been a beaten fanbase and have a tendency to go negative but DAYUM when you see the mechanics, especially as compared to other top tier QB's how can you not be excited? This kid is as prepared for college as any kid I have seen since P Manning. He's had a personal QB coach for years. Has absolutely flawless mechanics, great throwing motion over the top, already is looking off safeties and extremely accurate with a rocket arm... Call me an optimist. I believe HB will not be good, he'll be GREAT !

Pretty much said the same thing about JG. He was 1st or 2nd rated qb in nation.

Let's wait till fall practice. I've learned the hard way, don't believe all the hype.
He was 1st or 2nd rated DT quarterback because the class was small.

VN Store

Back