The Firestorm thread. Undeniably the greatest

Tiramisu-Cake-Recipe.jpg

@YankeeVol

I’ll be in Nashville September 9th and 10th since me and mother are seeing the Titans play the Chargers.

Most likely you’ll be able to meet me this year because I’m telling you more than days before I leave.

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum
August 5, 2023
My 2023 Chicago vacation

I did eat a classic Ice Cream Sundae at Ghiordelli’s.
It has a high amount of sweetness so I’m not surprised I was full after eating it.
The hot fudge does have a strong sweetness much like the frosting on frosted cookies.
IMG_6814.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 508mikey
@YankeeVol

I see I made a mistake because the Titans don’t play the Chargers on September 10 since that’s week 1 which is a road game because they’re playing the Saints in the Big Easy.

I got information to ask for these September days off which are September 15-18.

I expect I’ll be able to see you at a downtown Nashville bar on College Football Saturday.

2023 NFL Week 2
The Titans do play the Chargers on September 17.

My 2023 Chicago Vacation

First time I’ve seen this Amazon item which is a wide thick black Amazon box which is where a person would pick up the ordered item after ordering it on the black box.

IMG_6812.jpeg

@YankeeVol

I see I made a mistake because the Titans don’t play the Chargers on September 10 since that’s week 1 which is a road game because they’re playing the Saints in the Big Easy.

I got information to ask for these September days off which are September 15-18.

I expect I’ll be able to see you at a downtown Nashville bar on College Football Saturday.

2023 NFL Week 2
The Titans do play the Chargers on September 17.
I'm in Atlanta now, but NSH isn't that far and I have a decent amount of notification

Reactions: firestorm
Meg 2 The Trench
8/10

An entertaining great sequel.
The Trench in this movie is 25,000 feet below the Ocean. That area gets explored by Jonas and the other protagonists in advanced submersibles.

The human antagonists have a believable motivation for their main goal.
The movie does have a high amount of entertaining action scenes most of which happen on Fun Island.

How Jonas Killed a Meg Shark has high suspense, and how he attracts a Meg Shark obviously was inspired by Jaws 2.

This sequel does have 1 line which is a reference to the first movie, and with returning protagonists, it's unmistakable this is a direct sequel.

A giant octopus does fight a Meg shark, also Jonas does ride a Jet Ski while using Makeshift Harpoons to kill the Meg Sharks.
Jonas does have a memorable creative 1 liner after defeating a human antagonist.
The 1 liner is similar to "Let off some Steam Bennett." from Commando because it's creative. Also because the 1 liner fit with what was shown in the scene.

The movie repeatedly uses the perfect timing cliche which isn't a flaw because this is a Popcorn movie set in a universe that has Meg Sharks, a giant octopus, and prehistoric marine reptiles.
It's not contrived that a protagonist says he modified bullets for his hand gun to poison-tipped bullets which he got from Jaws 2.
Multiple protagonists are shown to be competent protagonists in action movie scenes which made me very happy.

This sequel does focus on human antagonists that have a believable motivation for their achievable goal, also prehistoric marine reptiles that can run on land, a giant octopus, multiple Meg Sharks including the biggest Meg, and the protagonists exploring the Trench area.

All reasons why this sequel is outside the box instead of being an uncreative sequel that reuses the same style creature feature killer shark story.

This movie does have a high body count including creative for the Meg Sharks that are shown killing human characters.

The third act on Fun Island is a high-stakes battle for survival with the Protagonists having to save bystanders from the giant Octopus and the Meg Sharks, also the Protagonsits and Anatagonsits having to kill the prehistoric marine reptiles, also the Human Antagonists fighting the protagonists.

@TennesseeYankee

I’ll be in Nashville starting Saturday.

The 2 Dogs Restaurant on the Vanderbilt campus might be a great restaurant to watch the Tennessee Florida night game.
I do remember the pizza is pretty good.

Reactions: Vol8188
@firestorm give me your draft thoughts on the Titans this season. Where would you want to see them go with the pick? Link to a mock draft simulator if it helps.

VN Store

Back