The constant running “McDonald’s bags” jokes

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Just a few points to make before we keep running this into the ground.

1. Y’all do realize this is a highly unsubstantiated claim, right? No one around UT has said this, including the admin who axe’d Pruitt for violations. Clearly there were recruiting violations, and it’s not hard to figure out those violations included the exchange of money, but nothing reputable says anything about McDonald’s bags.

2. The only, and I mean literally the ONLY, report about McDonalds came from Dan Patrick, who is not connected to UT in any way. Wes Rucker, who very much is connected to UT, said that the McDonald’s rumor is “angrily denied” by everyone around the program.

3. Why would we use McDonald’s bags? If we were needing to conceal money, why in the world would we go to a McDonald’s to get the bags? How about duffle bags, or just some good ole paper bags? Instead we would choose to order food from McDonald’s and suspiciously ask for a ton of extra empty bags? Think about it. It makes literally zero sense.

It’s time to drop this y'all. Quit bringing it up every time we discuss someone from last year’s roster who left.

Good point.

Screen-Shot-2016-06-02-at-3-09-54-PM.jpg

I’d say the McDonald’s bag thing is really embarrassing for us fans but let’s be honest, it’s just one additional thing to be embarrassed about amongst a litany of other embarrassments we’ve had to endure over the past 10+ years.

Just a few points to make before we keep running this into the ground.

1. Y’all do realize this is a highly unsubstantiated claim, right? No one around UT has said this, including the admin who axe’d Pruitt for violations. Clearly there were recruiting violations, and it’s not hard to figure out those violations included the exchange of money, but nothing reputable says anything about McDonald’s bags.

2. The only, and I mean literally the ONLY, report about McDonalds came from Dan Patrick, who is not connected to UT in any way. Wes Rucker, who very much is connected to UT, said that the McDonald’s rumor is “angrily denied” by everyone around the program.

3. Why would we use McDonald’s bags? If we were needing to conceal money, why in the world would we go to a McDonald’s to get the bags? How about duffle bags, or just some good ole paper bags? Instead we would choose to order food from McDonald’s and suspiciously ask for a ton of extra empty bags? Think about it. It makes literally zero sense.

It’s time to drop this y'all. Quit bringing it up every time we discuss someone from last year’s roster who left.
It’s a good story and that’s all it is. Of all the things that Pruitt and Co were said to have done, this is the only thing that every person has denied being true. Unfortunately, its just one of those things people will always run with because it’s low hanging fruit. It’s gonna be very difficult to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

I enjoy the meme because it involves a convergence of two undesirables, McDonalds and Dan Patrick.

It is only natural that these two entities, with no societal value, would spawn something fraudulent if ever allowed to couple.

Last edited:
I never took it literally, but thanks for the lecture, Mom.

I assume they use crypto currency now a days, it's virtually untraceable.

Reactions: Doberman and ACvol3
Personally, it’s a joke that I’m damn sick of seeing every time I log onto this site.

If we’re getting punished for hand outs, then Georgia, UF, Bama, LSU, Clemson, and Auburn should be getting the exact same punishment.

The NCAA is too busy on their knees sucking their favorites off while Tennessee gets sh*t on for the exact same thing other big schools are doing.

Look OP, you concern yourself with your posts and we will continue to worry about ours.

I always smirk and frown at thought control posts

Just making sure everyone understands this laughing stock being made of us, that we are willfully contributing to on message boards (which recruits absolutely read), holds no merit and is based on an unsubstantiated rumor.

Just making sure everyone understands this laughing stock being made of us, that we are willfully contributing to on message boards (which recruits absolutely read), holds no merit and is based on an unsubstantiated rumor.

I think you are over estimating how much influence a message board has on recruits. You really think a 17 or 18 year old visits VN or other boards? Maybe a few, I guess.

VN Store

Back