The constant running “McDonald’s bags” jokes

Just a few points to make before we keep running this into the ground.

1. Y’all do realize this is a highly unsubstantiated claim, right? No one around UT has said this, including the admin who axe’d Pruitt for violations. Clearly there were recruiting violations, and it’s not hard to figure out those violations included the exchange of money, but nothing reputable says anything about McDonald’s bags.

2. The only, and I mean literally the ONLY, report about McDonalds came from Dan Patrick, who is not connected to UT in any way. Wes Rucker, who very much is connected to UT, said that the McDonald’s rumor is “angrily denied” by everyone around the program.

3. Why would we use McDonald’s bags? If we were needing to conceal money, why in the world would we go to a McDonald’s to get the bags? How about duffle bags, or just some good ole paper bags? Instead we would choose to order food from McDonald’s and suspiciously ask for a ton of extra empty bags? Think about it. It makes literally zero sense.

It’s time to drop this y'all. Quit bringing it up every time we discuss someone from last year’s roster who left.
These kids weren't getting paid for smuggling cocaine or humans across the border...

Paper bags? Well, there are negative connotations associated with those. McDonalds bags indiscriminate and fit football culture well.

I mean I was really elaborating on the facts about it, and pointing out that it was unsubstantiated, hence we should stop constantly talking about it (and embarrassing our program) like it’s a certainty.

But you do you, y’all have at it. At least you’re informed now.

Instead of this nonstop effort to defend your motives, why don’t you just admit you’re getting what you deserved. This thread turned into comedy gold

Reactions: Smokey X

1. Y’all do realize this is a highly unsubstantiated claim, right? No one around UT has said this, including the admin who axe’d Pruitt for violations. Clearly there were recruiting violations, and it’s not hard to figure out those violations included the exchange of money, but nothing reputable says anything about McDonald’s bags.

2. The only, and I mean literally the ONLY, report about McDonalds came from Dan Patrick, who is not connected to UT in any way. Wes Rucker, who very much is connected to UT, said that the McDonald’s rumor is “angrily denied” by everyone around the program.

3. Why would we use McDonald’s bags? If we were needing to conceal money, why in the world would we go to a McDonald’s to get the bags? How about duffle bags, or just some good ole paper bags? Instead we would choose to order food from McDonald’s and suspiciously ask for a ton of extra empty bags? Think about it. It makes literally zero sense.

It’s time to drop this y'all. Quit bringing it up every time we discuss someone from last year’s roster who left.

It’s like the butt-chugging thing. Once it’s out in the world, you can’t put the genie back in the bottle.

If it comes up in conversation, don’t blow a gasket. Just calmly correct and know your position is true.

You can’t control what other people want to believe.

Reactions: Border Vol
Would you have at 17 or 18? I know I sure would have at that age. Wondering what folks on the Internet are saying about you and about the team you are interested in? Absolutely.

Why the heck would any self respecting teenager be here looking at what a bunch of old people have to say?

They’re all on Instagram, TikTok, and Snapfart.

Reactions: tbh and Border Vol

This is a narrative started not unlike all of the ones started and embellished by the media then picked up by people with their own agendas. You can't take anything you read in the media or on the internet at face value anymore.

My take on this is that every program, including GA and bama, pay their best prospects. Just look at the cars they drive. Our stupid administration had to fire Pruitt and they didn't want to pay him the big payout so they self reported themselves and HERE WE ARE. It is the stupidity of this and past administrations that have and continue to run this athletic department in the dumpster. If they had just fired him and payed the buyout they probably would have come out better in the long run. I don't condone cheating, but when your main competitors do it how in the world can you compete with that? My rant is over.

Reactions: Samthebam
What’s funny about an idiot lying about money being out into McDonalds bags? Especially when anyone with even a shred of common sense knew it was false?
You can’t really logically explain humour. It just is or isn’t funny and that varies with the individual. I think for me it is an extreme portrayal of the bumbling ineptitude that has pervaded our entire Athletic department for eons now. The fact that it probably isn’t true doesn’t conflict with the feeling that this is the kind of thing that UT WOULD most certainly do. It FEELS true, hence the humour

Just goes to show you that something doesn't have to be true, it just has to be put out there and people will take and run with it. The McDonald's bags, full of money!

It may or may not have happened but it’s more believable a P5 school would do the McDonald’s bag thing than fire a coach, then rehire him as an AD

Last edited:
Reactions: bigorangepoppa

ba da ba ba ba

Agreed. The jokes are stupid and not funny. Never have been.

58oa2s.jpg

VN Store

Back