The constant running “McDonald’s bags” jokes

I think you are over estimating how much influence a message board has on recruits. You really think a 17 or 18 year old visits VN or other boards? Maybe a few, I guess.

Would you have at 17 or 18? I know I sure would have at that age. Wondering what folks on the Internet are saying about you and about the team you are interested in? Absolutely.

Y’all are doing great! Keep it up, we have 3 commits right now.

I wonder how much time Georgia and Florida boards are spending finding memes to roast themselves with.

I still wonder if they all got in a room and had mcdonalds brought in for lunch and all the 5 stars started pulling out cash and everyone is comparing and the 3 star and under guys just got a 10 piece nugget meal in their bags.

I still wonder if they all got in a room and had mcdonalds brought in for lunch and all the 5 stars started pulling out cash and everyone is comparing and the 3 star and under guys just got a 10 piece nugget meal in their bags.
They dont even get any dipping sauce? :eek: Savage.

giphy.gif

If Mickey D's is where you go to buy your "happy meal" why is the character's name Grimace?
Isn't a grimace a frown?
If meals are so happy there why is someone grimacing to the point he turned unrealistically purple? Do they need the Heimlich maneuver?
If it's the food that made someone Grimace, you advertise that aspect?

If it's not McDonald's responsible for the Grimace,
then how do you explain it?
They don't, do they? They serve their hamburger to billions and then brag about it on their golden arches billboards.
The whole system's a Kroc.

Reactions: tbh and Border Vol
Ahh the ole " everybody's doing it, but the NCAA will hammer us" battered vol syndrome.
I remember hearing this before Patrick ran with it. And honestly it's not completely nutty, G.A. grab us some MacMuffins for the guys.

You do realize that you are bringing this up again...to say, "let's drop it" :confused:
One of the great enigmas of internet message boards is the phenomenon of people like OP who will bring up embarrassing topics just to tell others not to bring up said embarrassing topics, thus bringing more attention to the topic they allegedly do not want discussed.

Last edited:
One of the great enigmas of internet message boards is the phenomenon of people like OP who will bring up embarrassing topics just to tell others not to bring them up said embarrassing topics, thus bringing more attention to the topic they allegedly do not want discussed.

I mean I was really elaborating on the facts about it, and pointing out that it was unsubstantiated, hence we should stop constantly talking about it (and embarrassing our program) like it’s a certainty.

But you do you, y’all have at it. At least you’re informed now.

Just a few points to make before we keep running this into the ground.

1. Y’all do realize this is a highly unsubstantiated claim, right? No one around UT has said this, including the admin who axe’d Pruitt for violations. Clearly there were recruiting violations, and it’s not hard to figure out those violations included the exchange of money, but nothing reputable says anything about McDonald’s bags.

2. The only, and I mean literally the ONLY, report about McDonalds came from Dan Patrick, who is not connected to UT in any way. Wes Rucker, who very much is connected to UT, said that the McDonald’s rumor is “angrily denied” by everyone around the program.

3. Why would we use McDonald’s bags? If we were needing to conceal money, why in the world would we go to a McDonald’s to get the bags? How about duffle bags, or just some good ole paper bags? Instead we would choose to order food from McDonald’s and suspiciously ask for a ton of extra empty bags? Think about it. It makes literally zero sense.

It’s time to drop this y'all. Quit bringing it up every time we discuss someone from last year’s roster who left.
Yeah it's not true, they didn't put money in a McDonald's bag to give to recruits 🤣 but hey they enjoy making fun of it for some reason, it was played within the first few days, now it's kind of annoying but thats just me. This is a somewhat free country you all have fun

The McDonalds jokes are as lame as the “oh I can’t wait to see Kesling try and pronounce his name.”

Just making sure everyone understands this laughing stock being made of us, that we are willfully contributing to on message boards (which recruits absolutely read), holds no merit and is based on an unsubstantiated rumor.

They are laughing not because we were paying players but because we turned ourselves in and because we were actually paying players and still LOST.

Just a few points to make before we keep running this into the ground.

1. Y’all do realize this is a highly unsubstantiated claim, right? No one around UT has said this, including the admin who axe’d Pruitt for violations. Clearly there were recruiting violations, and it’s not hard to figure out those violations included the exchange of money, but nothing reputable says anything about McDonald’s bags.

2. The only, and I mean literally the ONLY, report about McDonalds came from Dan Patrick, who is not connected to UT in any way. Wes Rucker, who very much is connected to UT, said that the McDonald’s rumor is “angrily denied” by everyone around the program.

3. Why would we use McDonald’s bags? If we were needing to conceal money, why in the world would we go to a McDonald’s to get the bags? How about duffle bags, or just some good ole paper bags? Instead we would choose to order food from McDonald’s and suspiciously ask for a ton of extra empty bags? Think about it. It makes literally zero sense.

It’s time to drop this y'all. Quit bringing it up every time we discuss someone from last year’s roster who left.
It does nothing to help in recruiting and quiet frankly those same folks that keep bringing it up, maybe has nothing better to do. It's not like it's breaking news

Reactions: KnoxRealtorVOL
I was shocked when I first heard we were paying players, cause we were 3-7 at the time. This is more embarrassing than anything to do with McD's bags.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
BECAUSE IT IS FUNNY

As a Tennessee Fan, if you wanted to survive the last 2 decades, you only had two choices, despair or laughter. I chose the latter
Lol my grandma used to say if she wouldn't laugh she'd cry. Kinda reminded me of her with what you said.

Yeah it's not true, they didn't put money in a McDonald's bag to give to recruits 🤣 but hey they enjoy making fun of it for some reason, it was played within the first few days, now it's kind of annoying but thats just me. This is a somewhat free country you all have fun

My feelings exactly.

The story was probably made up by one of our rivals (I suspect one that drools a lot and licks himself inappropriately).

The story was funny for a week or so. But, after 4 months, it’s not really that original or funny IMHO. On the other hand, I have enough trouble controlling the things I say and certainly have no desire to dictate what others should say.

Reactions: nalliszing
If you think one second parents aren't trying to make money off college kids..new flash it happens in high school and as far back as pop warner. Football and cheerleading parents are as crooked as they get with buying roster spots and the coaches will gladly accept the money to do it. I gave up coaching over seeing this go on.

Reactions: Zues1
BECAUSE IT IS FUNNY

As a Tennessee Fan, if you wanted to survive the last 2 decades, you only had two choices, despair or laughter. I chose the latter

What’s funny about an idiot lying about money being out into McDonalds bags? Especially when anyone with even a shred of common sense knew it was false?

VN Store

Back