The constant running “McDonald’s bags” jokes

FWIW, a good friend of mine coached at Crisp County HS in Georgia with Shelton Felton. They remain close to this day. He says it is 100% true. He says that their close friends roast Felton religiously about Mc$ any chance they get. As much as I'd like to sum it all up to wild conjecture, it seems that is not the case.

There are worse things out there to be known for. Like butt chugging for instance. Thanks Pi Kappa Alpha...

Reactions: kcvols1
Just a few points to make before we keep running this into the ground.

1. Y’all do realize this is a highly unsubstantiated claim, right? No one around UT has said this, including the admin who axe’d Pruitt for violations. Clearly there were recruiting violations, and it’s not hard to figure out those violations included the exchange of money, but nothing reputable says anything about McDonald’s bags.

2. The only, and I mean literally the ONLY, report about McDonalds came from Dan Patrick, who is not connected to UT in any way. Wes Rucker, who very much is connected to UT, said that the McDonald’s rumor is “angrily denied” by everyone around the program.

3. Why would we use McDonald’s bags? If we were needing to conceal money, why in the world would we go to a McDonald’s to get the bags? How about duffle bags, or just some good ole paper bags? Instead we would choose to order food from McDonald’s and suspiciously ask for a ton of extra empty bags? Think about it. It makes literally zero sense.

It’s time to drop this y'all. Quit bringing it up every time we discuss someone from last year’s roster who left.
Sounds like somebody is upset they didn't get a McScholarship!

This is a narrative started not unlike all of the ones started and embellished by the media then picked up by people with their own agendas. You can't take anything you read in the media or on the internet at face value anymore.

My take on this is that every program, including GA and bama, pay their best prospects. Just look at the cars they drive. Our stupid administration had to fire Pruitt and they didn't want to pay him the big payout so they self reported themselves and HERE WE ARE. It is the stupidity of this and past administrations that have and continue to run this athletic department in the dumpster. If they had just fired him and payed the buyout they probably would have come out better in the long run. I don't condone cheating, but when your main competitors do it how in the world can you compete with that? My rant is over.

Those words, McDonald's bag, are a euphemism, now. I'd rather that people not be more specific, so they do not bother me.

At this point there are so many things to make fun of Tennessee for just add it to the pile and have fun with it

Reactions: OrangeTsar
I never took it literally, but thanks for the lecture, Mom.

I assume they use crypto currency now a days, it's virtually untraceable.

I'd never even considered that and its genius.... Highly VOL-iltle (see what I did there?) but effective for the reason you described!

They’ve denied those claims.

Too late. They're gonna own that chit from now on. The Butt Chuggers.

Just like this mcd bag chit. Doesn't matter who posts about it or what media outlet talks about it nothing we do here is going to change that or change the narrative. At least for now, until the NCAA finishes spitting us out. For now it's out there in the wild.

I think we’re the only fan base dumb enough to make fun of ourselves over something where there’s no proof that it actually happened.

Just a few points to make before we keep running this into the ground.

1. Y’all do realize this is a highly unsubstantiated claim, right? No one around UT has said this, including the admin who axe’d Pruitt for violations. Clearly there were recruiting violations, and it’s not hard to figure out those violations included the exchange of money, but nothing reputable says anything about McDonald’s bags.

2. The only, and I mean literally the ONLY, report about McDonalds came from Dan Patrick, who is not connected to UT in any way. Wes Rucker, who very much is connected to UT, said that the McDonald’s rumor is “angrily denied” by everyone around the program.

3. Why would we use McDonald’s bags? If we were needing to conceal money, why in the world would we go to a McDonald’s to get the bags? How about duffle bags, or just some good ole paper bags? Instead we would choose to order food from McDonald’s and suspiciously ask for a ton of extra empty bags? Think about it. It makes literally zero sense.

It’s time to drop this y'all. Quit bringing it up every time we discuss someone from last year’s roster who left.

So go blame Dan Patrick, and leave us TF out of it.

VN Store

Back