The Chicken Sandwich War

Given that the closest Popeyes is 8 miles away, I satisfied my craving with a fried fish Po’Boy from the Cajun-themed restaurant run by 1st Gen Vietnamese-Americans. It was quite good.

Reactions: MAD
I hadn't been to Chik-Fil-A in a long time, and just ate a regular chicken sandwich for lunch. Their sandwich has gotten noticeably smaller to the point where it's basically a slider now. This is ridiculous.

I hadn't been to Chik-Fil-A in a long time, and just ate a regular chicken sandwich for lunch. Their sandwich has gotten noticeably smaller to the point where it's basically a slider now. This is ridiculous.
Raise the prices or shrink the food. Inflation is a biatch

If you have a Jollibee near you, they put all the others to shame.

It's still a good sandwich, but have you seen them lately? Yeah, it's pretty much a slider. LOL.
Our CFA still has a pretty good size filet on the sammie. CFA is still my fav by far. It's like KFC. It's a flavor some have tried to duplicate, some have tried to best, but none are quite like it. It is because it is.

When I worked in the cotton mills, some of hte workers would take order for friday lunches. One of the local churches of an employee. Could get fried chicken sandwich, fried fish, etc. Not being from that side of the tracks, I ordered a fried chicken sandwich. Full fried on the bone leg quarter, lettuce, mater, mayo, hot sauce, and two pieces white bread. I was a mgr. trainee, sitting on a stool next to a machine, picking the meat off the quarter, and they all laughing at me. I said what, how else am I supposed to make my sandwich with a whole piece. They said I didn't order a chicken filet and to eat around the bone dummie...and be careful if I ordered a fish sandwich. lol. Incidently, one of the best all around chicken sammies I ate was learning to eat a fried chicken sandwich. I would see guys bring a loaf of bread, and a bag of fried chicken legs. Slap one on a bread, douse it with hot sauce, and wrap the bread around it. To this day, I do not eat fried chicken or macn cheese without hot sauce. It'll change your life.

Not long after, I discovered a local black muslim soul food joint dive on my way to the mill. Got a fish salad. In their menu, that meant a regular garden salad served with fried catfish nuggets on top and thousand island dressing. Stopped there atleast twice a week for that dang salad thereafter. What a simple treat to the taste buds. They also had that whole fried fish sammie, but I never tested my skill of eating on one side of mouth and spitting bones out on the other.

Good times.

Reactions: MAD and VolNExile
I'm not really a soldier in the CSW, but I did eat the new chicken wraps at KFC, tried each. Both real good, but probably nothing special. One has mayo and pickles and the other is hot sauce and slaw.

Our local Bojangles revamped their cajun chicken filet, for sure on the biscuit, to a new full breast and has a new crunchy breading and still the spicy factor. Homerun comapred to the original thin breast cajun filet. They are easily my #2 sandwich now. Buuuutttt, not all stores have switched. The one we order breakfast from at my SIL's house in GA still has the old cajun filet. If you've had the new BoJ cajun filet, you know what I'm sayin.

Reactions: VolNExile and MAD
Our local Bojangles revamped their cajun chicken filet, for sure on the biscuit, to a new full breast and has a new crunchy breading and still the spicy factor. Homerun comapred to the original thin breast cajun filet. They are easily my #2 sandwich now. Buuuutttt, not all stores have switched. The one we order breakfast from at my SIL's house in GA still has the old cajun filet. If you've had the new BoJ cajun filet, you know what I'm sayin.
😀This got me excited until I realized we don’t have Bojangles down here.🙁

Reactions: VolNExile
Nearest Bojangles did serve a plumper piece of chicken breast in the last sandwich that I ordered. It was ~1/4 of a fryer chicken breast. It was hot, fresh, and tasty.

Just had one from PDQ, it’s a fast food chain started by the creators of Bone Fish and Outback.
Best one I ever had. Mostly in Florida but expanding very fast.

IMG_5436.jpeg

IMG_5435.jpeg

We recently got Canes down here, it was good but PDQ is better IMO.

Reactions: VolFaninFla

VN Store

Back