The Chicken Sandwich War

Just had one from PDQ, it’s a fast food chain started by the creators of Bone Fish and Outback.
Best one I ever had. Mostly in Florida but expanding very fast.

View attachment 605913

View attachment 605911

We recently got Canes down here, it was good but PDQ is better IMO.
I have tried PDQ twice and have been disappointed.
Once at the first store in Tampa and the other time in Trinity.
First time, the food was cold and the second time, the sandwich bun bottom was soaked and fell apart.
I want to try it again to see if it is as good as advertised. Which one do you go to?

I had a friend who tried this place and she absolutely loves it:
Jollibee - Fried Chicken, Burgers & Pies - 4057 Park Blvd N | Fast Food Restaurant

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD
I have tried PDQ twice and have been disappointed.
Once at the first store in Tampa and the other time in Trinity.
First time, the food was cold and the second time, the sandwich bun bottom was soaked and fell apart.
I want to try it again to see if it is as good as advertised. Which one do you go to?

I had a friend who tried this place and she absolutely loves it:
Jollibee - Fried Chicken, Burgers & Pies - 4057 Park Blvd N | Fast Food Restaurant
Yes Jolibee is amazing. You gotta try it. Maybe I had a really good experience at PDQ or you had a bad one. I’ll have to try it again and see if it was just a one off.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Yes Jolibee is amazing. You gotta try it. Maybe I had a really good experience at PDQ or you had a bad one. I’ll have to try it again and see if it was just a one off.
As far as good CHICKEN...not strips or nuggets? An event. Always get a bucket after I see my Endocrinologist in Plano. Grew up with Bojangles and always loved theirs and dirty rice. They've recently opened several franchises in DFW and a few near me, so I was disappointed that they don't do traditional chicken anymore...but then my wife brought me one of their SANDWICHES. Best ever imo! My Chicago born buddy at work raves about Popeyes, but they pale...once again imo.

As far as good CHICKEN...not strips or nuggets? An event. Always get a bucket after I see my Endocrinologist in Plano. Grew up with Bojangles and always loved theirs and dirty rice. They've recently opened several franchises in DFW and a few near me, so I was disappointed that they don't do traditional chicken anymore...but then my wife brought me one of their SANDWICHES. Best ever imo! My Chicago born buddy at work raves about Popeyes, but they pale...once again imo.
I don’t think we have Bojangles down here in the Tampa Bay area. Will try it next time I’m up north.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I was brought up on Chicken on Sunday. My present preference is Chick-Fil-A. I don't eat no more chicken now.

Just having PDQ now on the way back from the bowl game. I’m a fan.

Our Bojangles last year or so went away from the traditional Bojanges Cajun Chicken Filet, and introduced a crispier, tastier, fresh fried spicy fielt that was the best I've had outside the CFA fix. Then they went back to the regular thin breast filet for some reason. If it was a new trial chicken breast they had out, they should have stuck with it.

Our Bojangles last year or so went away from the traditional Bojanges Cajun Chicken Filet, and introduced a crispier, tastier, fresh fried spicy fielt that was the best I've had outside the CFA fix. Then they went back to the regular thin breast filet for some reason. If it was a new trial chicken breast they had out, they should have stuck with it.
Your local traditional Cajun chicken filet is thin? They've always been quick thick everywhere I've gotten one.

- Bojangles is my fast-food guilty pleasure. Fortunately, they sell Pepsi products (yuck), or I'd be there a lot more often.

Reactions: MAD and JCHateSteve

VN Store

Back