The Chicken Sandwich War

CFA is in a unique situation in the fast food industry. Their volume is so high that they can spread cost increases for higher wages over a much broader number of orders making the incremental cost increase per sandwich MUCH smaller than their competitors

Their volume is so high because they have a higher caliber of employee working for them too and can turn orders much faster. When you pay more than McD, Wendys, Popeyes, Subway, etc., you have the pick of the 16-21 yr old litter.

But one always has to have an alternate plan if one gets a sandwich craving on a Sunday 😉

Well, I worked at CFA in college, remember all the recipes, so I can make my own (sans the breading that they use - course, it doesn’t seem like a very specific thing).

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD
Not sure what "liking" this would imply. Thanks for bringing to our attention.

Chick-FIL-a is #1. No one else is really close. They use regular chicken you’d buy at the store for their sandwiches. Not sure anyone else does. Everyone else seems to use some sort of processed something.

You can buy the spicy chicken and nuggets from Sams

Chick-FIL-a is #1. No one else is really close. They use regular chicken you’d buy at the store for their sandwiches. Not sure anyone else does. Everyone else seems to use some sort of processed something.
Chick-fil-a is going to get my chicken sandwich business for the foreseeable future based solely on the huge disparity in service. They kill everyone else in the fast food business on getting you served quickly with the correct order and second place is so far behind they’ve lost sight. The food is always fresh because of the volume of customers there’s no time for it to get old. It’s a shock when one of their employees aren’t polite and competent. I’m not crazy about their menu but the overall experience is unmatched

Chick-fil-a is going to get my chicken sandwich business for the foreseeable future based solely on the huge disparity in service. They kill everyone else in the fast food business on getting you served quickly with the correct order and second place is so far behind they’ve lost sight. The food is always fresh because of the volume of customers there’s no time for it to get old. It’s a shock when one of their employees aren’t polite and competent. I’m not crazy about their menu but the overall experience is unmatched
I think the menu has a lot to do with everything being fresh. They have a limited menu and only focus on a few items.

I think the menu has a lot to do with everything being fresh. They have a limited menu and only focus on a few items.
If you’re serving 10x the customers as the fast food place next door then it’s simple to see why the food is fresher IMHO

Oh
I agree. They call it Spicy. Not my idea of spicy. But, I do like the sandwich.
I like it too. It is just “training wheel” level spicy however. If your lips aren’t still burning 60 minutes after eating, you ain’t doing “spicy” right.

Reactions: Vol524
Oh

I like it too. It is just “training wheel” level spicy however. If your lips aren’t still burning 60 minutes after eating, you ain’t doing “spicy” right.
I love spicy food. I can't remember the name of the place we ate in Atlanta but I ordered the spicy chicken. The waitress said are you sure because it was spicy. I said just bring it, it will be fine. I had sweat rolling off my forehead. My lips were on fire. Don't even get me started about what the next day was like. That is the only place the I have ever eat at that meant spicy when they said spicy. It tasted get and I couldn't stop eating it. But, man I paid for it the next day.

Is this the Lee’s in Maryville?

I believe Lees Famous Recipe is out of Ohio, which is famous for it's fried chicken. Lee's is damn good chicken. I walked away for years and eventually came back. Like all places, I'm sure it depends on the store tho.

VN Store

Back