That's racist!

We're in NC fixing to visit my daughter who is here for a few weeks. I pulled into our hotel beside a car with a guy inside on his phone. I noticed he had a flat, and just happened to be a black man. I told him, then helped him. He never once even looked at me funny because I was white, not did I at him because of his color. We ended up talking for a while, and he even asked for my number, said he'd like to text when he felt he needed prayers. Justa cool experience for me, especially all the race divide you see on TV. People are people, color is not who we are.

* but don't tell anyone cause it'll ruin my racist reputation! 😆

We're in NC fixing to visit my daughter who is here for a few weeks. I pulled into our hotel beside a car with a guy inside on his phone. I noticed he had a flat, and just happened to be a black man. I told him, then helped him. He never once even looked at me funny because I was white, not did I at him because of his color. We ended up talking for a while, and he even asked for my number, said he'd like to text when he felt he needed prayers. Justa cool experience for me, especially all the race divide you see on TV. People are people, color is not who we are.

You can still be a proud racist even though you helped the gentleman.

Reactions: AirVol and joevol33

...and i completely agree. Real folk of all ethnicities are nothing like the extremist our media constantly promotes.

Racist Joe. At least tell me you asked to touch his hair.

You should be thankful he didn't try to steal one of your tires.

Space colonization...now racist.

We need to change the way we talk about space exploration

WHEN DISCUSSING SPACE exploration, people often invoke stories about the exploration of our own planet, like the European conquest and colonization of the Americas, or the march westward in the 1800s, when newly minted Americans believed it was their duty and destiny to expand across the continent.

But increasingly, government agencies, journalists, and the space community at large are recognizing that these narratives are born from racist, sexist ideologies that historically led to the subjugation and erasure of women and indigenous cultures, creating barriers that are still pervasive today.

To ensure that humanity’s future off-world is less harmful and open to all, many of the people involved are revising the problematic ways in which space exploration is framed. Numerous conversations are taking place about the importance of using inclusive language, with scholars focusing on decolonizing humanity’s next journeys into space, as well as science in general.

VN Store

Back