Terry Fair on working for Pruitt.

I dunno man, it’s pretty close
Pruitt is not here if Fulmer had not seen him as qualified. David Pollock and Aaron Murray said day one Pruitt would fail due to his terrible attitude. They were 100% correct. How could Fulmer not follow up on talk like that. It did not take a search committee, they willingly gave that info for free.

Reactions: ThreatLevelOrange
Someday, someone is going to spill the beans on what happened in that locker room against Georgia. It had to be epic considering the nosedive the team took afterwards
Seriously, it was like some Men In Black zapping our collective memories or something.

I doubt Fair is the last one we will hear from on Coach Cornbread.

Reactions: tbh and feathersax
I prefer to think that the white board incident was the turning point on Pruitt's time at Tennessee... Phil cut his nut sack and it was downhill after that.

What? The white board was one of the best highlights of the Pruitt era. Certainly wasn't that game, where UF beat us worse than I think they've ever abused us.

And we got wore out statistically in that game, the only reason we ever had a lead was that their center snapped the ball 20 feet over the quarterbacks head into the endzone on their first possession. It was a mirage, like any apparent success during Beldar's tenure. Glad that DA is gone.

Perhaps you don't recall the four attempts for the dawgs to score at the goal line that were rebuffed for zero points ending the first half? That assertion their bad snap was the ONLY reason we had a lead is very false. When was the last time you saw a UGA team rebuffed at the goal line 4 straight times? It doesn't happen often is all I'm saying and the team was playing great until the wheels came off our offense in the second half.

Pruitt is not here if Fulmer had not seen him as qualified. David Pollock and Aaron Murray said day one Pruitt would fail due to his terrible attitude. They were 100% correct. How could Fulmer not follow up on talk like that. It did not take a search committee, they willingly gave that info for free.

Hubris.

Perhaps you don't recall the four attempts for the dawgs to score at the goal line that were rebuffed for zero points ending the first half? That assertion their bad snap was the ONLY reason we had a lead is very false. When was the last time you saw a UGA team rebuffed at the goal line 4 straight times? It doesn't happen often is all I'm saying and the team was playing great until the wheels came off our offense in the second half.
Without that play we never lead. Here's the box score. Tennessee vs. Georgia - Game Summary - October 10, 2020 - ESPN We were outgained 431-214.

He probably agreed that Richt was soft for not forcing UGA to do things like having a in door practice facility. You do realize how absurd that is right? That has nothing to do with CJP. Every coach should have mocked them for that. Oh guess which UGA coach got it?

Fulmer’s weakness was making personnel decisions— started with keeping Randy Sanders, which led to the loss of big time QB recruits like Leaks and Simms. Hiring Pruitt was the final straw— overlooking Pruitt’s conflicts with prior staffs was the big one, and to a lesser extent his lack of HC experience and English language, which was awful for a guy in that position. Really bad on Fulmer to go that route— you could see it in his face after the GaSt loss, he knew he’d f’d it up!
I thought Fulmer fired (forced resignation) Randy Sanders. Blamed him for the offense falling off, then brought in the Clawfense. Sanders went to KY and took Randal Cobb with him. Won NC at Florida State coaching that idiot Jamis Winston. Sanders is a better coach than Fullmer, IMO.

What was Fulmer thinking hiring this clown? Makes me want to hear from more former assistants. Also makes me happy that we are rid of these fools.
Because he had no idea what he was doing as an AD.

Phil was a good head football coach himself at one point. However, one thing he always struggled with was his own staffing decisions. He stuck with some assistants for too long, and he had a hard time replacing Cut on 2 different occasions. He was very lucky that he had Cut and Chavis already on staff when he got the HC job.

Phil got the AD job because there was an emergency situation; a coup, effectively. Not because he was qualified.

I mentioned his problems when you hired him. Y'all said it was sour grapes.
Honestly I can’t argue. I wanted to believe Pruitt had probably matured under Saban but I cannot image a more thin skinned, unprofessional coach in the profession that had a shot at this major of a job. How he handled Brumbaugh showed he just wasn’t ready to be a head coach. That should’ve been handled behind closed doors

Can we please give the coaches we just hired a chance to get it going!

Sure; at the same time let's stop crowning the new guy as "the guy" until he proves it. We literally have said the same thing about every HC since Fulmer. Every HC is "the guy".

Field Marshall Erwin Rommel's Defense of Normandy During World War II

Rommel was a co-defense coach in Normandy. There were other defense coaches who had overlapping duties and who went behind his back to the head coach.

However, Rommel and the others had bad scouting of the other team (unclear where the allies would land) and not as good of a weather forecaster as the other team.

Dooley was not a successful football coach but he can teach history any day.

From what I have read, I think that Dooley is a better coach and a better person than Pruitt.

I was about to say, how many people in this thread were the ones saying we "finally got a real coach" with Pruitt when he was hired and swore he was "the guy"?
I'm not afraid to say I thought Pruitt was going to be a good coach "the guy".. I'm also not afraid to say I think Heupel is going to be a good coach. Pruitt proved me to be wrong.. Time will tell if Heupel works out at UT.

Reactions: CR-vol
I was about to say, how many people in this thread were the ones saying we "finally got a real coach" with Pruitt when he was hired and swore he was "the guy"?

I'll own up to that one. Why is that such a bad thing? I only wanted to see us win. Do you folks who knew he sucked all along want an award or something? Yeah there were red flags but hindsight is always 20/20. We already got people saying Heupel will fail and it's almost like they want to see it just so they can win the argument. Pruitt seemed like an SEC guy that had a little cred even though he had never been a head coach. With the way this program seems to scare potential coaching candidates away we better be glad of anyone we can get. So F the ones who say no anyway as they're clearly not up to the task. Hiring someone tainted like Hugh Freeze was a silly idea and will never happen, not even if Heupel fails. Get over it.

VN Store

Back