Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Kenny Chandler in tourney.

PG Kennedy Chandler
Sunrise Christian Academy
2021 ESPN 100 ranking: 10

Lightning-fast with the ball in his hands, Chandler is an elite playmaker. His passing vision is exceptional, as is his accuracy to thread the needle in tight spaces.

He is the No.1 point guard in the Class of 2021 because he is a pure point guard who can score. He makes an effort to find the open man or the hot hand. Defensively, he does a great job of reading the ball and anticipates for steals at a high level.

Rick Barnes might have another T.J. Ford in the making, as Chandler will make an immediate impact at Tennessee.
-ESPN

Besides Bramah I have also heard that Tennessee has serious interest in a MM player who is not in the portal yet. He is a 2/3 and will likely be conference POY this season, some ties to Kim English...far from a sure thing but it’s someone on the radar.

Besides Bramah I have also heard that Tennessee has serious interest in a MM player who is not in the portal yet. He is a 2/3 and will likely be conference POY this season, some ties to Kim English...far from a sure thing but it’s someone on the radar.
What conference?

That’s fair. I think I have it narrowed down to 4 guys who fit your criteria.
To further discuss this, @bleedingTNorange, today, Basilio made mention of a kid (he didn’t give a name) who was a really good player in his conference that hasn’t yet entered the portal that Tennessee plans to make a run at for next season. Basilio referred to him as “a guard”, and I wonder if it’s the same kid you mentioned. I think you said he was a “2-3”, but the terms (yours and his) are likely interchangeable for the purpose of this discussion.

As I said before, I had it narrowed down to 4 kids I believed fit the description. For discussion purposes, I won’t list their names, but I’ll list their current conference affiliation. To be clear, I know nothing, so this is purely speculation on my part.

I think the kid in question is likely in the Colonial, the Mid-Eastern, the Missouri Valley, or the Metro Atlantic. You don’t have to confirm or deny those, but I thought it was interesting to hear it from another source, even if it is one as unreliable as Basilio. I guess it is entirely possible that he read it on here, too, so it isn’t necessarily a different source.

He also speculated on Handje Tamba committing and reclassifying into the 2021 class, BHH doing the same, and Tennessee making a run at a grad-transfer big man. All things that have been speculated on this board. He said he believes that the bottom of this roster is about to get an overhaul and that we could see up to 6 new players on the team, next year.

To further discuss this, @bleedingTNorange, today, Basilio made mention of a kid (he didn’t give a name) who was a really good player in his conference that hasn’t yet entered the portal that Tennessee plans to make a run at for next season. Basilio referred to him as “a guard”, and I wonder if it’s the same kid you mentioned. I think you said he was a “2-3”, but the terms (yours and his) are likely interchangeable for the purpose of this discussion.

As I said before, I had it narrowed down to 4 kids I believed fit the description. For discussion purposes, I won’t list their names, but I’ll list their current conference affiliation. To be clear, I know nothing, so this is purely speculation on my part.

I think the kid in question is likely in the Colonial, the Mid-Eastern, the Missouri Valley, or the Metro Atlantic. You don’t have to confirm or deny those, but I thought it was interesting to hear it from another source, even if it is one as unreliable as Basilio. I guess it is entirely possible that he read it on here, too, so it isn’t necessarily a different source.

He also speculated on Handje Tamba committing and reclassifying into the 2021 class, BHH doing the same, and Tennessee making a run at a grad-transfer big man. All things that have been speculated on this board. He said he believes that the bottom of this roster is about to get an overhaul and that we could see up to 6 new players on the team, next year.

He’s in one of those conferences, and yea he plays off ball from what I know, I see him as a 2/3...he’s similar size to Keon Johnson, a few pounds heavier.

And yea, I’ve been saying it has to be Tamba for awhile, all but have that one confirmed now...be interesting to see what happens with BHH.

He’s in one of those conferences, and yea he plays off ball from what I know, I see him as a 2/3...he’s similar size to Keon Johnson, a few pounds heavier.

And yea, I’ve been saying it has to be Tamba for awhile, all but have that one confirmed now...be interesting to see what happens with BHH.

Need bigs badly.

Reactions: minorvol
So Xavier Johnson combo guard out of Pitt just announced that he is transferring. Any chances we go after him. He has avg over his career 14.2 ppg

So Xavier Johnson combo guard out of Pitt just announced that he is transferring. Any chances we go after him. He has avg over his career 14.2 ppg
We seem to already have one of him in Victor Bailey. If we pursue a guard, I would hope he was more of a wing who can shoot the 3 at a higher, more consistent level than Johnson. I will say that Johnson’s hometown and high school is interesting, though.

We seem to already have one of him in Victor Bailey. If we pursue a guard, I would hope he was more of a wing who can shoot the 3 at a higher, more consistent level than Johnson. I will say that Johnson’s hometown and high school is interesting, though.
@cncchris33 , I'll bite, where's X. Johnson's hometown and which high school ?

Last edited:
Reactions: johnfnkelly

I didn't know anything about him. I agree that his 3 point numbers don't help a team that needs better perimeter shooting, but I assume he will be in demand with those overall numbers?

We need to go after Felix Okpara 2022 class center from Chattanooga. He’s 6 10 210 lbs ranked 40th best player and 6th best center by 247 sports.

Reactions: minorvol
Does Okpara play for Hamilton Heights ? If so, I doubt he is from Tennessee, they recruit players like IMG

VN Store

Back