Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Would love to have him, but Tennessee has never landed an HH kid, yet. Tho, I don't think they have been around 10 years, yet

The HH coach played B Ball with my son in HS. His name is Steven Cook. King College was recruiting Steven in b ball and my son in golf so I took Steven up on a recruiting visit his SR year. Steven is a really good guy, and loved the Pearl coached teams way back when. Maybe he will help us with Okpara.

Reactions: The Dog
On the recruiting front it’s the same story. We have heard of a couple of potential transfers the Vols are going to potentially pursue but we’ll have to wait until after the season to toss those names out there. One will be well known to fans.

-VQ

Definitely going to be some turnover on the roster, the staff recognizes an opportunity to flip this roster and they are going to try and do just that.

I believe you’ll see Fulk & Anosike return, Johnson & Springer leave, and then likely 1-3 end of bench guys leave.

Johnson & Springer alone equals 5 open spots, Mashack and Chandler take 2 leaving 3, I think you see Tamba and a good chance of BHH, that leaves 1 spot...but as I said I think you’ll see 1-3 transfers so leaving room for 2-4 transfers. I definitely don’t think you’re going to see 4, if that scenario plays out I would guess we hold a spot open, but I think 2 transfers is very likely.

Definitely going to be some turnover on the roster, the staff recognizes an opportunity to flip this roster and they are going to try and do just that.

I believe you’ll see Fulk & Anosike return, Johnson & Springer leave, and then likely 1-3 end of bench guys leave.

Johnson & Springer alone equals 5 open spots, Mashack and Chandler take 2 leaving 3, I think you see Tamba and a good chance of BHH, that leaves 1 spot...but as I said I think you’ll see 1-3 transfers so leaving room for 2-4 transfers. I definitely don’t think you’re going to see 4, if that scenario plays out I would guess we hold a spot open, but I think 2 transfers is very likely.
Some questions I have:

-is Mashack ready to play at this level physically yet?
-who will be the backup option for Chandler?
-are we going to depend on Vescovi and Bailey for our outside game along with Chandler?
-what the hell does Barnes see in Anosike? 6'5" and can't get off the ground. I don't get it.

Some questions I have:

-is Mashack ready to play at this level physically yet?
-who will be the backup option for Chandler?
-are we going to depend on Vescovi and Bailey for our outside game along with Chandler?
-what the hell does Barnes see in Anosike? 6'5" and can't get off the ground. I don't get it.

I think Mashack is fine physically, I don’t think they’ll need 30mpg from him but he shouldn’t have an issue giving 15-20 I don’t think.

I think Chandler will literally play as many minutes as he can handle, he will clearly be the best PG option on the team so if he can handle 32mpg he will get it. Behind him I’m guessing you’ll see Vescovi, which for 8-10mpg is totally fine imo. Could see them look to transfer market for a more capable backup PG but I think they’ll look for more of a scorer than a PG.

Yes, Chandler at PG will allow Vescovi and Bailey to mainly be off ball guards which is what they excel at most, I could see both having really good shooting years. I think you’ll also see Tennessee look at some transfer options at the guard position.

Even if Anosike comes back I’m not sure he plays, he doesn’t cost a scholarship so there’s no harm in it. He may want to get into coaching or maybe pursue another degree, seems like a great teammate and he’s always wanted to be Vol, I see no issue.

Even if Anosike comes back I’m not sure he plays, he doesn’t cost a scholarship so there’s no harm in it. He may want to get into coaching or maybe pursue another degree, seems like a great teammate and he’s always wanted to be Vol, I see no issue.

Worst case scenario, we have an above average practice player for a D1 program to push guys around and take 5 mins a game if we get a LOT of guys in foul trouble. He doesn't bring much, but overall he doesn't kill us in short minutes either.

Reactions: BreatheUT
I’m still holding an optimistic view that maybe anosike will follow the path we see so much with juco guys. Year one a lot of them struggle to adjust to big league basketball, then in year two they somewhat figure it out and become serviceable. Either way there’s not a downside to him coming back since he doesn’t affect the scholarship count.

He’d have to sit tho, right?
Depends on the passage of the one-time waiver, I guess. He’s not exactly killed it this year and we couldn’t even get him to follow thru with a visit during the recruiting process, so I’m not holding my breath.

Reactions: Lurker

VN Store

Back