Tennessee Lady Vol News

Now, i'll take a different approach with the momentum we have what if it's Coach Sam or Coach joy who "transfer"? I don't think it happens but if being a head coach again or being a head coach is the plan for either one i'm sure this season has showed schools how good they are. Look at Karo and Sara's development with coach joy. While TK needs to go to work this summer and work in footwork and finishing for sure we can all see the step she took forward. Coach sam has worked with Jordy and we can see the confidence she instilled there.
All in all i think they will want to return especially with the roster and the momentum but an associate head coaching job job may look enticing especially since there will be a couple new roles to fill within the conference. It'll also be interesting to see if Kellies staff gets an increase in 💰 this offseason.

No reason Kellie cannot promote from within…give them gals a raise.

I`m with you on TK she needs to work over the summer, I have been posting about TK needing to get better on offense from day one. I watched her play in HS and always said she was a very good defensive player but needed a lot of work on the offensive end . At time i took a beating on this board when i said that? My take Key needs to work with someone outside of the program Boston, Cardosa are just my opinion.

She def needs to get to work offensively but i hope she stays the whole summer. Last summer she had Vol leadership the year before was Covid shut down. So a full summer she should show improvement.

Now, if she wants to work with Tim Duncan over the summer great but Cardosa seems to have taken quite the step back.

People packed the paint so they know she is important to our success on offense.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Who do you guys think will transfer, if anyone? We have a pretty full team next year if everyone stays.
Jordy
TK
Rickea
Jojo
Emily
Jessie
Jaz
Marta
Tess
Karo
BK
Kaiya
Sara
Justine
Edie
I have NO knowledge and this is just pure SPECULATION based upon NOTHING other than my gut feeling which means zero…for players that will have an impact on the floor, I could see Kaiya or BK leaving. For those who don’t have as much of a basketball impact, I can see Emily or Jessie for the obvious reason. But to me as a fan watching on TV, Jessie and Emily seem okay with their roles.🤷🏾‍♀️I hope I’m wrong and they all come back.
Kaiya loves Tennessee and so do her parents. I don’t really see anyone transferring unless Emily and Jessie want more playing time and even then, I would think they would wait until they graduate and and use their Covid year

I had Pissott 1 for 4 from the field for 4 points about 3 rebounds fours assists and a steal. Betts was probably the best player on the West. Barker and Watkins did really well for the East and also Latson.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
McDonalds game today. Hopefully someone else will get the shoot the ball other than Rice who is the point guard from the East. Justine was a starter in the scrimmage see if that holds true today.
Rice is very good but you're right. In every competition I watched her play in, shooting the ball was her first option.

I don’t say this to be hateful, but you notice…not a single mention of Mr. Harper. I’ve said it before but I feel like he’s a net negative for our recruiting. Seems like a super genuine, nice guy, but doesn’t seem to identify with the players much.

Still think he should Mr. Mom his way out of it and be the coolest damn dad ever. We could use another strong face on the recruiting trail. These days all coaches recruit and the more and better the better off you are. Saw lots of teams missing an assistant here and there who was off recruiting.

Last edited:
I don’t say this to be hateful, but you notice…not a single mention of Mr. Harper. I’ve said it before but I feel like he’s a net negative for our recruiting. Seems like a super genuine, nice guy, but doesn’t seem to identify with the players much.

Still think he should Mr. Mom his way out of it and be the coolest damn dad ever. We could use another strong face on the recruiting trail. These days all coaches recruit and the more and better the better off you are. Saw lots of teams missing and assistant here and there who was off recruiting.

Who’s going to hold the clipboard? LOL

Reactions: VolBall09

Still think he should Mr. Mom his way out of it and be the coolest damn dad ever. We could use another strong face on the recruiting trail. These days all coaches recruit and the more and better the better off you are. Saw lots of teams missing and assistant here and there who was off recruiting.
Maybe his assignment isn't recruiting. A lot of the adjustments that are made during the game, it often looks like he is the one with the clip board suggesting the adjustments or at times even drawing them up. Kellie looks to him and his suggestions a lot. Just like our players seem to know their roles, so do our coaches. Why must we continue to pick at things that are irrelevant. He is a part of this team and the girls seem to enjoy him being around, shouldn't that be all that matters?

Maybe his assignment isn't recruiting. A lot of the adjustments that are made during the game, it often looks like he is the one with the clip board suggesting the adjustments or at times even drawing them up. Kellie looks to him and his suggestions a lot. Just like our players seem to know their roles, so do our coaches. Why must we continue to pick at things that are irrelevant. He is a part of this team and the girls seem to enjoy him being around, shouldn't that be all that matters?

Just my opinion

Reactions: krichunaka

VN Store

Back