Tennessee Lady Vol News

That part 1000%. Also from my short period of time as a member on VolNation, many of these posters who are critical of Rae Burrell’s senior season don’t think beyond a close minded fan perspective. Many just don’t have an efficient basketball IQ because they see players from a perfectionist viewpoint.
They’re automatically critical of her performances without factoring in the appropriate reasoning. Due to injury Rae has had to adjust on the fly dealing with factors such as chemistry issues, defensive lapses, and shot selection etc.
Here’s some of her strengths and how she improved this team by playing despite not being fully healthy since returning after missing 12 games:
1. Becoming the teams 2nd leading scorer while finding a new role on a team that started out the season 18-1.
2. Her shot hasn’t been consistent game by game.. yet as a shooter I still think every shot she takes will go in. She has a beautiful form on her jumper.
3. Just as she did last season and in some games this season, Rae can thrive in the right system as a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd option on the college level. A really good WNBA org. can develop her game on the next level.

Burrell's shooting will have to improve significantly if she wants to play in the WNBA. She's shooting 36 percent for the season--second worst on the team. Walker shoots 34 percent and Horston shoots 38 percent--which, by the way, is not a good number for the player who, before her injury, easily took the most shots on the team, and a lot of them somewhat close to the basket. Burrell has qualities, to be sure, but in addition to her shooting, she would benefit from being a better ball-handler. She's decent but not great with the ball for somebody who plays the 2/3 spot.

Burrell's shooting will have to improve significantly if she wants to play in the WNBA. She's shooting 36 percent for the season--second worst on the team. Walker shoots 34 percent and Horston shoots 38 percent--which, by the way, is not a good number for the player who, before her injury, easily took the most shots on the team, and a lot of them somewhat close to the basket. Burrell has qualities, to be sure, but in addition to her shooting, she would benefit from being a better ball-handler. She's decent but not great with the ball for somebody who plays the 2/3 spot.

She shot the ball very well in her junior year when she wasn't expected to be the main scorer. I'm guessing she'll return to form next season wherever she lands. I don't really think she needs another college season, unless to convince the W that she is Ok and will be a productive pro. And, after she tests the water, that might be the case. Can you imagine how good we would be if she returns? But I don't think that's gonna happen.

Did anyone hear Rae Burrells answer in the post game presser leaving open the possibility of returning next year and a final decision to leave has not been made yet and final decision would be made at a later date. The thought of potentially start 3 seniors and 2 super seniors next season with all of that other experience coming off the bench would be incredible! /This would be a team that would be tough to beat.

Did anyone hear Rae Burrells answer in the post game presser leaving open the possibility of returning next year and a final decision to leave has not been made yet and final decision would be made at a later date. The thought of potentially start 3 seniors and 2 super seniors next season with all of that other experience coming off the bench would be incredible! /This would be a team that would be tough to beat.
Kellie confirmed she would not be back in a follow-up question.

Who do you guys think will transfer, if anyone? We have a pretty full team next year if everyone stays.
Jordy
TK
Rickea
Jojo
Emily
Jessie
Jaz
Marta
Tess
Karo
BK
Kaiya
Sara
Justine
Edie
I have NO knowledge and this is just pure SPECULATION based upon NOTHING other than my gut feeling which means zero…for players that will have an impact on the floor, I could see Kaiya or BK leaving. For those who don’t have as much of a basketball impact, I can see Emily or Jessie for the obvious reason. But to me as a fan watching on TV, Jessie and Emily seem okay with their roles.🤷🏾‍♀️I hope I’m wrong and they all come back.

Who do you guys think will transfer, if anyone? We have a pretty full team next year if everyone stays.
Jordy
TK
Rickea
Jojo
Emily
Jessie
Jaz
Marta
Tess
Karo
BK
Kaiya
Sara
Justine
Edie
I have NO knowledge and this is just pure SPECULATION based upon NOTHING other than my gut feeling which means zero…for players that will have an impact on the floor, I could see Kaiya or BK leaving. For those who don’t have as much of a basketball impact, I can see Emily or Jessie for the obvious reason. But to me as a fan watching on TV, Jessie and Emily seem okay with their roles.🤷🏾‍♀️I hope I’m wrong and they all come back.

Now, i'll take a different approach with the momentum we have what if it's Coach Sam or Coach joy who "transfer"? I don't think it happens but if being a head coach again or being a head coach is the plan for either one i'm sure this season has showed schools how good they are. Look at Karo and Sara's development with coach joy. While TK needs to go to work this summer and work in footwork and finishing for sure we can all see the step she took forward. Coach sam has worked with Jordy and we can see the confidence she instilled there.
All in all i think they will want to return especially with the roster and the momentum but an associate head coaching job job may look enticing especially since there will be a couple new roles to fill within the conference. It'll also be interesting to see if Kellies staff gets an increase in 💰 this offseason.

Last edited:
Now, i'll take a different approach with the momentum we have what if it's Coach Sam or Coach joy who transfers? I don't think it happens but if being a head coach again or being a head coach is the plan for either one i'm sure this season has showed schools how good they are. Look at Karo and Sara's development with coach joy. While TK needs to go to work this summer and work in footwork and finishing for sure we can all see the step she took forward. Coach sam has worked with Jordy and we can see the confidence she instilled there.
All in all i think they will want to return especially with the roster and the momentum but an associate head coaching job job may look enticing especially since there will be a couple new roles to fill within the conference. It'll also be interesting to see if Kellies staff gets an increase in 💰 this offseason.
Oh Lord, I forgot about the coaches🤦🏾‍♀️ Now I’m really in my feelings 😩😩😩. I’m certain they’ll all get a raise and Kellie will probably get an extension as well.

Oh Lord, I forgot about the coaches🤦🏾‍♀️ Now I’m really in my feelings 😩😩😩. I’m certain they’ll all get a raise and Kellie will probably get an extension as well.

Again, no inside info 😂 However, Jeff has an opening and i could see him saying at sweet16 to Sam after the game "you know i got a spot for you when you want it"😂

Now, i'll take a different approach with the momentum we have what if it's Coach Sam or Coach joy who "transfer"? I don't think it happens but if being a head coach again or being a head coach is the plan for either one i'm sure this season has showed schools how good they are. Look at Karo and Sara's development with coach joy. While TK needs to go to work this summer and work in footwork and finishing for sure we can all see the step she took forward. Coach sam has worked with Jordy and we can see the confidence she instilled there.

I`m with you on TK she needs to work over the summer, I have been posting about TK needing to get better on offense from day one. I watched her play in HS and always said she was a very good defensive player but needed a lot of work on the offensive end . At time i took a beating on this board when i said that? My take Key needs to work with someone outside of the program Boston, Cardosa are just my opinion.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Probably some incentives in their contracts for sweet sixteen and up appearances..

I`m with you on TK she needs to work over the summer, I have been posting about TK needing to get better on offense from day one. I watched her play in HS and always said she was a very good defensive player but needed a lot of work on the offensive end . At time i took a beating on this board when i said that? My take Key needs to work with someone outside of the program Boston, Cardosa are just my opinion.
She has a ton of former Lady Vols to work with..CP3, Pashen, Ashley Robinson, Michelle Snow…use the sorority you’re in TK and seek help!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back