Tennessee Lady Vol News

Yes good vibes only Kellie needs to pump out a lot more wnba prospects. Rennia is a good start and Rae needs to follow

That part 1000%. Also from my short period of time as a member on VolNation, many of these posters who are critical of Rae Burrell’s senior season don’t think beyond a close minded fan perspective. Many just don’t have an efficient basketball IQ because they see players from a perfectionist viewpoint.
They’re automatically critical of her performances without factoring in the appropriate reasoning. Due to injury Rae has had to adjust on the fly dealing with factors such as chemistry issues, defensive lapses, and shot selection etc.
Here’s some of her strengths and how she improved this team by playing despite not being fully healthy since returning after missing 12 games:
1. Becoming the teams 2nd leading scorer while finding a new role on a team that started out the season 18-1.
2. Her shot hasn’t been consistent game by game.. yet as a shooter I still think every shot she takes will go in. She has a beautiful form on her jumper.
3. Just as she did last season and in some games this season, Rae can thrive in the right system as a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd option on the college level. A really good WNBA org. can develop her game on the next level.

I do think Coach gets a lot of credit for that one as well. Looked like a set play. I do think the idea was probably to see if Rae had a lane to the basket for the tie or the and-1 if not then kick to the corner. So glad for that pass!
They had three options on that play. They went with number three because 1 and 2 weren’t open.

Just have to see. Don’t think she’s a first round pick at this point personally. Just not shooting the ball efficiently enough, not rebounding hard enough and her defense has taken a nose dive. I do think it all goes back to her knee and a lack of confidence in it still. That makes teams cautious though. Some players just never quite recover from stuff like that.
I’m not sure she would make the final roster cut on any pro team at this point. I love her game….the knee set her back. Another year with no injuries would bump her back up to All-American.

They had three options on that play. They went with number three because 1 and 2 weren’t open.

Yep! Heard that in the presser after my post. Watching back it looks like #1 was TK on the block and she was doubled, #2 Rae to the basket #3 Sarah corner 3

Sarah was practicing that exact shot over and over at shoot around. Must be known that that’s the go to play in that situation.

Yep! Heard that in the presser after my post. Watching back it looks like #1 was TK on the block and she was doubled, #2 Rae to the basket #3 Sarah corner 3

Sarah was practicing that exact shot over and over at shoot around. Must be known that that’s the go to play in that situation.
Exactly. Kellie knows what she’s doing.

I didn't know which thread was best to say this in, so I'll just put it here.

Did any coaching staff do a better job with freshmen this season than Tennessee's staff did? Several times in this post-season Kellie has had four freshmen and a sophomore on the floor at the same time for several minutes, and they did an excellent job holding down the fort when their numbers were called.

I've been impressed by the level of trust the staff has in the younger players to be leaning so heavily on them as a unit like they have.

WELL DONE, STAFF!!!!

VN Store

Back