Tennessee Lady Vol News

Tennessee's competitiveness will look very favorably in the committee's eyes. This SEC isn't exactly daunting but 11 wins (18-12) should be more than enough to get in I would think.

Just to add big mistake to play anybody very good in the OOC with the NET rankings now being the major criteria. You can get a very high NET ranking and almost certainly secure an NCAA bid before playing one conference game by playing 8 300 rated teams 3 around 200 and a 69 and 64 in the Net rankings. You then just have to beat the crap out of them thirty to forty points and you have almost secured your NCAA Tourney bid. You are at this point 13 and 0 and are considered a two seed in the NCAA Tourney and also ranked number two in the NET Rankings. You only have three games to play rest of the season against any ranked team. Two against number 21 ranked team and a game your sure to lose against the number one ranked teams.

If I wanted to blame Coach Harper for anything it would be not being aware of this new rating system. We could've played ETSU, Longwood, Tennessee Tech, Georgia State, Spring Hill, Austin Peay, and SC Upstate and instead of six losses five to top ten teams be a number two seed right now in the tourney and have at least a top five ranking in the NET. We could also be 13 and 0 for the season going into SEC play. So this is the biggest error Coach Harper has made this season. Time to again start loading up on the cupcake teams it works very very well in the new rating system NET that the NCAA now uses.

Just to add big mistake to play anybody very good in the OOC with the NET rankings now being the major criteria. You can get a very high NET ranking and almost certainly secure an NCAA bid before playing one conference game by playing 8 300 rated teams 3 around 200 and a 69 and 64 in the Net rankings. You then just have to beat the crap out of them thirty to forty points and you have almost secured your NCAA Tourney bid. You are at this point 13 and 0 and are considered a two seed in the NCAA Tourney and also ranked number two in the NET Rankings. You only have three games to play rest of the season against any ranked team. Two against number 21 ranked team and a game your sure to lose against the number one ranked teams.

If I wanted to blame Coach Harper for anything it would be not being aware of this new rating system. We could've played ETSU, Longwood, Tennessee Tech, Georgia State, Spring Hill, Austin Peay, and SC Upstate and instead of six losses five to top ten teams be a number two seed right now in the tourney and have at least a top five ranking in the NET. We could also be 13 and 0 for the season going into SEC play. So this is the biggest error Coach Harper has made this season. Time to again start loading up on the cupcake teams it works very very well in the new rating system NET that the NCAA now uses.
Analytics..

Reactions: Volfan2012
Tennessee's competitiveness will look very favorably in the committee's eyes. This SEC isn't exactly daunting but 11 wins (18-12) should be more than enough to get in I would think.
Really don't know what we'll do the rest of the season, but if we get that opening win at Florida I can see a 7 and 0 SEC start. We have two with Vandy, two with Florida, and two with Miss St hopefully we could win all six of them or at least 5 and 1. Then we have Auburn, Alabama, and Ole Miss at home all should be wins. Road games at Texas A&M, Kentucky, and at least a tossup at Missouri just about seals the deal for us. I'm thinking somewhere between 11 and 14 SEC Conference wins. If we fail to do then were not good enough to be in the Tourney anyway.

NET rankings are not the major criteria. There were teams that had a very high NET ranking last season (UNC comes to mind) that was not reflected in their NCAAT seeding. Even a NET ranking of ~30-40 might not get you in the tournament. Quadrant #1 wins has always been and will continue to be a criteria used in selections, and this is where Tennessee is lacking: they currently have zero. They have chances against SC, UConn, LSU and Arkansas. Beyond these teams, I don't know if any of the other remaining teams on the schedule will present Q1 opportunities.

NET rankings are not the major criteria. There were teams that had a very high NET ranking last season (UNC comes to mind) that was not reflected in their NCAAT seeding. Even a NET ranking of ~30-40 might not get you in the tournament. Quadrant #1 wins has always been and will continue to be a criteria used in selections, and this is where Tennessee is lacking: they currently have zero. They have chances against SC, UConn, LSU and Arkansas. Beyond these teams, I don't know if any of the other remaining teams on the schedule will present Q1 opportunities.
Well your totally wrong but won't have a chance to prove it unless Tennessee wins 11 conference games. Teams can't have it both ways, LSU is a two seed now and a total of seven teams from the SEC are in the tourney as of right now. They have way more chances for that against a Q! Alabama is aQ1 team right now in the Net any team in the top 30 Net is a Q1. Have whatever opinion you want if Tennessee wins at least 11 games in the SEC and finishes in the top four I don't care if it is beating Vandy 11 times they are in. We have to win them first so come back if we do. And yes NET is now the major criteria.

Team Quadrant Wins and Losses Tracker | BracketResearch.com

Wouldn’t even give the drivel he puts out a platform here.

Dude is never even close on his predictions and that’s all he does all season. Unfortunately he can’t pry himself away from UCONN games long enough to actually watch anyone else.

Just go review his bracket compared to how it turns out. He’s worse than your average grandma who picks based off of team colors and mascots.

Last edited:

Dude is never even close on his predictions and that’s all he does all season. Unfortunately he can’t pry himself away from UCONN games long enough to actually watch anyone else.

Just go review his bracket compared to how it turns out. He’s worse than your average grandma who picks based off of team colors and mascots.

I will agree Creme some time get`s it wrong. But he is correct to put the Tennessee on the Bubble for right now. As we all know things can change as SEC play get`s underway. So keep talking about the Net Rankings and that`s find. But at the end of the day it will all come down to there resume and right now Tennessee is not good in the wins and losses categories? I will say it again things can change because there is still a lot of basketball to play.

And then there is LSU at #206.
Even so really would like to be where they are as the number two team in the NET. Number 10 in the polls and according to Creme the number two seed in an NCAA region. Mulkey really pulling a rope a dope on the NCAA. She even has a Q1 win out of that schedule as she played Tulane number 66 at their place and that qualifies as a Q1. Our win over Colorado number 39 at the time is a Q2.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

This must be Charlie Creme's bracketology. Never gets it right and then tries to defend his position which is just not even close. A talking head is all he is.

VN Store

Back