Tennessee Lady Vol News

I've always liked Maria; her article about the recruitment of Chamique Holdsclaw, which included Coach Summitt's New York visit and washing dishes with Chamique's grandmother, is a personal favorite sports story.

But, I'm not sure whether these "previous interest" mentions do more harm than good to the recent staff's image.
On the one hand, Ruby once visited, but chose another school, and so, a recruiting miss?
On the other hand, well, here she is. Go, Kim!
Stuelke isnt leaving

I do not think we will hockey shift sub. Repeat....I do not think we will hockey shift sub. But looking at the roster, I think this is our top 10 in two groups based on position.

1-Spencer
2-Jewell
3-Whitehorn
4-Latham
5-Spearman

1-Wells
2-Cooper
3-Darby
4-Puckett
5-Hollingshed

Then you still have Wynn, Strickland, Boyd. That is a deep roster.
I have strong feeling we add Barker or Dauda…. Dauda has already turned down 200k from some ACC schools

How would excluding that have been odd? I would have been totally fine to skip over that part. All it served to do was remind people, again, that Kellie was fired.

She could have just written a nice article about Ruby’s recruitment and commitment by THIS staff but instead she felt a need to bring up her past visit when she did not commit out of HS (and chose Clemson of all places over UT).
It would have totally excluded her earlier interest in UT. Articles about Rickea’s recruitment out of the portal to us always included that we were among her finalists out of hs. It is just part of the complete story.
Why is it a bad thing that Ruby had a previous interest in being a Lady Vol? I’m glad CKC is on board but let’s be clear she (like Kellie and Holly) is the beneficiary of the Lady Vol history, brand, fan base and top notch facilities. She would not have gotten these transfers if she had been named the new coach at Tennessee Tech. She is fortunate and I believe she knows it. She said in an interview she wakes up and still can’t believe it.
Let’s just be happy with our great new transfers and accept and honor their paths to our program.

Not shocking. Probably former lady vol fan Earl. That’s his kind of language and vitriol right there.

For the life of me I can’t see what they liked so much about what was going on. Still the only thing I can come up with is they liked how the staff made THEM feel special. They are fans of themselves, not of the Lady Vol basketball program. Or, like most of us, they would have been glad to see the Harper’s get their walking papers.

I for one was very tired of watching mediocre basketball and listening to Kellie say “we will learn from this.”
You need to stop right there! Earl was a true blue fan and I never read a post of his that would make me think he would send an email to DW with vulgarity. I feel very confident that Earl did more for the Lady Vols than the “fahr Kellie” crowd. Earl had receipts, you?

*former true blue fan
You need to stop right there! Earl was a true blue fan and I never read a post of his that would make me think he would send an email to DW with vulgarity. I feel very confident that Earl did more for the Lady Vols than the “fahr Kellie” crowd. Earl had receipts, you?

Reactions: butchna
Honestly, that is a pretty favorable SEC schedule for us. We get some of the better teams like Ole Miss, Auburn, Bama, SC, Miss State, LSU, and Oklahoma at home. Travel to prolly some of bottom teams like Missouri, Arkansas, AM, and Florida. Vandy away is practically a home game most years. Only KY, Texas, and LSU seem concerning on the road.
Stahp! No critical thought or analysis allowed up in here… 😉

Reactions: spojo13
Not shocking. Probably former lady vol fan Earl. That’s his kind of language and vitriol right there.

For the life of me I can’t see what they liked so much about what was going on. Still the only thing I can come up with is they liked how the staff made THEM feel special. They are fans of themselves, not of the Lady Vol basketball program. Or, like most of us, they would have been glad to see the Harper’s get their walking papers.

I for one was very tired of watching mediocre basketball and listening to Kellie say “we will learn from this.”
I am definitely surprised that you would accuse Earl/Formerly of this cess pool behavior. Earl/Formerly definitely seem to have got caught up in their particular echo chamber but that email was off the rails.

Haters gonna hate…

Last edited:
I am definitely surprised that you would accuse Earl/Formerly of this cess pool behavior. Earl/Formerly definitely seem to have got caught up in their particular echo chamber but that email was off the rails.

Haters gonna hate…

He went off the rails here one day and was calling every a**hole, idiot and other very colorful language.

None of us pundits really know what CKC can and will do in the upcoming year. To advocate that the sky is falling at this time of year is just as insane as predicting that CKC will lead the LVs to the final four her first year. I just wish CKC and the team all the best and that previous successes follows her to Rocky Top.
That's about the most rational take I have ever seen on here! :)

He went off the rails here one day and was calling every a**hole, idiot and other very colorful language.
…I do recall that episode. He did not enjoy being called on the floor regarding his posting history. I seek to be forgiving and allow plenty of tolerance in opinions.

My current focus is seeking to respect House. House continues to move toward my particular brand of civility and center. A secondary area is respecting CoachQueenKimmie. That AEye generated bull hockey is a revisit of BF’s parody videos. I was hating on Brenda for that then realized there is little respect ✊ in the cess pool of certain social media platforms.

Can only imagine Brenda cringed upon that first viewing.

Last edited:
I have strong feeling we add Barker or Dauda…. Dauda has already turned down 200k from some ACC schools
I hope it ends up being More Than A Feeling. Dauda was the most positive aspect on that Arkansas team last year. We have no facts that there has been an interest. Moreover, it seemed Spencer was so split from much of the team last year I wonder if they would want to play together again.

Reactions: VolBall09
I hope it ends up being More Than A Feeling. Dauda was the most positive on that Arkansas team last year. We have no facts that there has been an interest. Moreover, it seemed Spencer was so split from much of the team last year I wonder if they would want to play together again.

Spencer and Dauda are very close.

And there was no indication Spencer was coming to Tennessee and then she did. I would not be at all shocked to see Dauda on Rocky Top playing with Spencer again.

They are all over each others socials and have the same nail guy in Rogers. That’s Samara’s girl.

Reactions: mcannon1

VN Store

Back