Tennessee Lady Vol News

First time poster but long time observer and follower. Been a Lady Vols fan since the 90’s-have Pat on a pedestal and the definite dozen posted in my home. Could not have been more impressed by that Everything Orange interview. 100% behind CKC as I have every other Lady Vol Coach. She’s impressive. #LVFL
Welcome! Hope you'll become an active poster!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Here it is, schools will be paying athletes in 2025 they think, plus back pay.

Each school will share up to 20 million with their athletes. That’s a lot of decisions about which players get the most money. Sounds like there’s a lot more to figure out. Probably will still come down to which school will pay them the most NIL, imo.

Last edited:
as to her interview...one obvious quality about the new coach is her willingness to be honest and authentic. she is not trying to act like something she's not. a real confidence that will be contagious. i really love how open she is about her weaknesses and experiences. definitely the type of leader people will want to follow.

as to her interview...one obvious quality about the new coach is her willingness to be honest and authentic. she is not trying to act like something she's not. a real confidence that will be contagious. i really love how open she is about her weaknesses and experiences. definitely the type of leader people will want to follow.

Yes, she isn’t trying to be anything she’s not. She says a lot of the same things about herself that her would be detractors say here.

She knows this is a huge jump for her, but she’s up for the challenge and you have to love that.

Can tell she was raised right. The bit about her mom being uncertain about her taking such a big job tells you exactly what kind of people they are. She loves her baby girl and was worried about her. Most folks would see the dollar signs and say “get there now.”

First time poster but long time observer and follower. Been a Lady Vols fan since the 90’s-have Pat on a pedestal and the definite dozen posted in my home. Could not have been more impressed by that Everything Orange interview. 100% behind CKC as I have every other Lady Vol Coach. She’s impressive. #LVFL
Newb upvote and Welcome! 🙏

Reactions: knoxvol52
Yes, she isn’t trying to be anything she’s not. She says a lot of the same things about herself that her would be detractors say here.

She knows this is a huge jump for her, but she’s up for the challenge and you have to love that.

Can tell she was raised right. The bit about her mom being uncertain about her taking such a big job tells you exactly what kind of people they are. She loves her baby girl and was worried about her. Most folks would see the dollar signs and say “get there now.”
Folks on here who point out this is a big jump for her are not detractors. Same with pointing out she has one year of D1 experience. Those are just facts not criticisms.

Not just Lady Vol news but Tennessee sports news three years in a row number one SEC All Sports Trophy Winner.

Amazing what a good AD can do when they understand what it takes to be successful and gives the coaches and players the support they want and need to achieve it.

Folks on here who point out this is a big jump for her are not detractors. Same with pointing out she has one year of D1 experience. Those are just facts not criticisms.
Agree 100% but unfortunately people couldn’t point out facts about CKJH without being callEd a Hater.

Since it is a discussion board everyone should feel free to quote facts without being attacked.

Mostly agree with your spin. There are however two games that seem like tossups at this early stage...

Home
Alabama- Win
Auburn- Win
Georgia- Win
LSU- Loss
Mississippi State- Win
Ole Miss- Win
Oklahoma- ?
South Carolina- Loss

On the road
Arkansas- win
Florida- win
Kentucky- ?
LSU- loss
Missouri- win
Texas- loss
Texas A&M- win
Vanderbilt- win
Kentucky, Oklahoma and Alabama are the three ? for me. At the same time, LSU is one injury away (Morrow, Williams, or Johnson) from slipping straight to the middle of the SEC pack...especially if it's Morrow.

Reactions: glv98 and knoxvol52
Here's a good breakdown by John Adams (yep, him) about the upcoming NIL settlement:
Read an interesting article this morning in the New York Times about the NIL settlement. Emphasized schools are already non-compliant with Title IX with little incentive to be so as the dept of education is not really penalizing them. Also, it said estimates are that 88% of collective funds are going to football and men’s basketball, which we already guessed and why the BoostHer Club is theoretically a great idea. It’s going to take a lot of lawsuits from female athletes, I fear, to try to force any sort of equity.

I don't know how the courts will see it, but the only sports with revenue to share are football and men's basketball. All the rest are non profit sports. If the courts say the revenue has to be shared among all sports then the money will come from football more than anywhere else. Some problem comes in with the money the conference gives to each school which could be argued to be generated by all sports that are telecast. The article says women's basketball only generated 3.9 million and spent 8.9, but what is women's basketball's share of tv money? Even with that money they still don't generate any revenue.

So each sport should have their own collective and fans of that sport can then choose to support the sports they like and not have to pay to ones they care nothing about. I am quite happy to pay some dollars into women's basketball and softball. I am not interested at all in doing so for tennis, rowing, soccer, or any other women's sport. Let the ones that follow those sports closely have a collective for them.

Read an interesting article this morning in the New York Times about the NIL settlement. Emphasized schools are already non-compliant with Title IX with little incentive to be so as the dept of education is not really penalizing them. Also, it said estimates are that 88% of collective funds are going to football and men’s basketball, which we already guessed and why the BoostHer Club is theoretically a great idea. It’s going to take a lot of lawsuits from female athletes, I fear, to try to force any sort of equity.
You may be right about forcing equity. It’s complicated. However, the collectives are for NIL which allows athletes to be compensated for their name, Image and likeness as you know. Football players and men’s basketball players earning far more in NIL does not mean inequity exists. It doesn’t mean it’s unfair when the Cavender twins or Olivia Dunne earn more than almost any football or basketball player either.

Reactions: volbeast33

VN Store

Back