Tennessee Lady Vol News

I wish Coach Kellie would let Sarah play more even start. She is such an invested player I can live with her playing a lot more even if she has some bad games. I can't see her being worse than some already playing more.

I tend to agree. I think Sarah just needs to relax and play ball as well. Whoever is in her ear all the time making her overthink needs to can it. She came in as a natural ball player. That’s all we need her to do. Beautiful shot, great build, lots of heart and good physicality. Get the girl some minutes

I tend to agree. I think Sarah just needs to relax and play ball as well. Whoever is in her ear all the time making her overthink needs to can it. She came in as a natural ball player. That’s all we need her to do. Beautiful shot, great build, lots of heart and good physicality. Get the girl some minutes
My opinion is the fact that she isn’t a starter is affecting her I think she was surprised that she wasn’t a starter coming into this season

So losses to Stanford, UConn, SC, LSU, Arkansas and the SECT?

Didn't count the SECT at all. I think we probably beat one of the teams you listed (LSU or Ark) but two of the teams we should beat will ding us between 12/29 and 1/15. Honestly, we still have the talent to beat anyone, but I could see us losing to almost anyone too.

At some point this year I would love to see what I would call the "Big Lineup" get 5 minutes to end the first half.

1 Horston 6-2
2 Jackson 6-2
3 Striplin 6-3
4 Hollingshead 6-5
5 Key *at least* 6-6

Just for curiosity's sake
How about the small lineup to end the game.

Miles
Walker
E. Darby
Powell
T Darby

At some point this year I would love to see what I would call the "Big Lineup" get 5 minutes to end the first half.

1 Horston 6-2
2 Jackson 6-2
3 Striplin 6-3
4 Hollingshead 6-5
5 Key *at least* 6-6

Just for curiosity's sake
Plus we could go a little bigger if we wanted to:
Horston PG 6-2
Jackson SG 6-2
Pissott WF 6-4
Hollingshead PF 6-5
Key C 6-6

We've got 5 sophomores that I'd like to see together. Brooklynn 1, Kaiya 2, Sara 3, Karoline and Jillian interchangeable at the 4 and 5. I'd also like to see the 2 freshmen with 3 seniors sometime in a game like last night. Edie and Justine with Rickea, Jordan, and Tamari. Let coach tell Edie to see how many assists she can get. Not saying these are starting line ups against Stanford and UCONN. Just that I'd enjoy watching them against opponents where the A team isn't required.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Sara, years before getting to college, has pushed herself to get stronger faster, etc., it may be Sara in her own ear overthinking things. She’s going to be needed this year.

Any idea on what the new starting 5 should be?

I like Powell, Horston, Darby, Puckett and Hollingshead.

If Jackson available she will replace Puckett.
Certainly that looks about right with Franklin, Striplin, Suarez, and Walker in the mix for a lot of minutes. Jackson of course changes it all don't know if we can depend on her coming back. I would think a decision on her would be made soon. I don't see the point in dragging it out to long. I would say Sunday we might go the same way went with Striplin, Horston, Puckett, Powell, and Darby going out there, but I like Hollingshead starting over Striplin eventually.

Any idea on what the new starting 5 should be?

I like Powell, Horston, Darby, Puckett and Hollingshead.

If Jackson available she will replace Puckett.
Today we all got another gut punch. Last year, we lost Rae, Horston, Green, and Marta. This year, we got a gut punch when we learned Rickea, Franklin, and Jillian would miss the big Virginia Tech game, Rickea out indefinitely. Now this.

This is a huge gut punch for Tamari and her family, and also for her team, our
Coaches, and fans. We are all rightfully very concerned for Tamari, but also for our team. After commiserating with, and saying a prayer for Tamari, we now wonder how this will effect our lineup in the games.

Last year, we overcame a lot of adversity. Now, we’ll have to do it again. There are many games to play before South Carolina, and their roster includes players that are 6’7, 6’5, 6’4, 6’3 (2). We’ll have to devise and implement a plan to overcome this. We are in much better shape for post players than we were last year. We have agile, strong players who can also shoot away from the basket.

I’m glad Kellie has the full allowable roster for these always unexpected situations. She always prepares the whole team to step in when needed, and they’ve been needed. I hope we play our best players in the toughest games, not necessarily everyone. We’re going to have to work harder and smarter. What the team really needs is confidence. You must believe, before every game, that you are going to win the game, then anything is possible.

Last edited:
Today we all got another gut punch. Last year, we lost Rae, Horston, Green, and Marta. This year, we got a gut punch when we learned Rickea, Franklin, and Jillian would miss the big Virginia Tech game, Rickea out indefinitely. Now this.

This is a huge gut punch for Tamari and her family, and also for her team, our
Coaches, and fans. We are rightfully very concerned for Tamari, and also for our team. After commiserating with, and saying a prayer for Tamari, we now wonder how this will effect our lineup in the games.

Last year, we overcame a lot of adversity. Now, we’ll have to do it again. There are many games to play before South Carolina, but their roster includes players that are 6’7, 6’5, 6’4, 6’3 (2). We’ll have to devise and implement a plan to overcome this. We are in much better shape for post players than we were last year. We have agile, strong players who can also shoot away from the basket.

I’m glad Kellie has the full allowable roster for these always unexpected situations. She always prepares the whole team to step in when needed, and they’ve been needed. I hope we play our best players in the toughest games, not necessarily everyone. We’re going to have to work harder and smarter. What the team really needs is confidence. You must believe before every game that you are going to win the game, then anything is possible.

So do you have an lineup suggestion or…?

Certainly that looks about right with Franklin, Striplin, Suarez, and Walker in the mix for a lot of minutes. Jackson of course changes it all don't know if we can depend on her coming back. I would think a decision on her would be made soon. I don't see the point in dragging it out to long. I would say Sunday we might go the same way went with Striplin, Horston, Puckett, Powell, and Darby going out there, but I like Hollingshead starting over Striplin eventually.
Miles and wynn should get some mins . Wynn is looking like she starting to relax and let game come to her.

Reactions: Lucy and chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back