Tennessee has reached out to Missouri Seniors

Not that close - Dobbs had some poor lines at times, but he never saw anything like this. We're talking historically bad. Guarantano's OL has been so bad that we had a stuff rate of 33% this year. Dead last in all of CFB....over the past 3 years! Just an example of how utterly weak the line became under Butch.

Stuff rate rankings (out of 130 teams):
2018 - 130
2017 - 125
2016 - 30
2015 - 55

Over the past 2 years we've rushed for an atrocious 3.55 YPC. 2016 we ran for 5.15 YPC, 45% more each carry. That means we went from 32nd nationally to 108th. Having no running game makes a maaassive difference.
These stats are horrible . I wonder if Coach P realized in the beginning his line was that bad. But in addition to that did Helton realized his line was that bad. And would Friend admit the line he was coaching was that bad...… And who ever was really coaching Guarantano, did he know they were that bad? ( and continue to let him carry out the same ball fakes most of the year while he was continually getting blasted from his blind side. To me, there as major disconnect with coaches all the way around. Some real negligence on some coaches part. Go Coach P and Go Big O!!!

Reactions: LAVol1
Anyone that evaluates JG as a better passer than Dobbs should just unplug their computer
You mean the great passing by Dobbs that caused receivers to get wrecked? I can’t seem to shake the image of North getting destroyed when having to go high for the ball, and that was a normal occurrence.

Perhaps JG isn’t all that great, perhaps not as good as Dobbs, but Dobbs wasn’t a great passer here. I do think part of Dobbs problem was lack of play calling, lack of effort on the part of the receivers a lot of times. But JG has had things working against him as well, like a terrible OLine outside of Trey. Not much can happen when the D is all over you before you get a chance.

I do actually believe JG is a good passer, surprised to see people say otherwise. If you want to say he holds on the the ball too long, that’s one thing. But that doesn’t mean he’s a bad passer. He actually did better than Dobbs in spring QB challenge think that BJ put on his freshman season(or perhaps barely got beat on the last challenge), and usually is on fire in game when he has gotten lucky on plays from the line.

All I’m saying is I’m excited to see how he does next season with improvements in front of him. I mean no one thought A. Manning was terrible while in New Orleans, despite getting his teeth knocked in constantly. Just being a good player doesn’t mean you as a team will be successful, or that they will shine. In fact in football you actually have a less chance of shining on a terrible team. How many times have people said “player _______ is terrible” while in college, only to watch them light it up in the NFL with legit players around them. This isn’t NBA where a great player can put up 40+ points and save the day by himself.

Lol, why would go after any of their players. The only one who would sniff the field is the TE. If we were as desperate as Pruitt is, then we might have a look...but were not.:)
Depth and to weaken a team that has beaten our ass for 2 years. Isn't their offensive line pretty good?

So ive been trying to think about the DE we were possibly trying to get out of mizzou a year or so back and finally figured it out. Walter Brady and he went to MTSU.. Couldn't remember for ****

Lol, why would go after any of their players. The only one who would sniff the field is the TE. If we were as desperate as Pruitt is, then we might have a look...but were not.:)
You obviously missed the point of Kirby wanting a public pat on the back but it's your lie you tell it

Reactions: Behr
When did i say JG sucks? All i have said is that Jalen Hurts and Drew Lock are better quarterbacks, which they absolutely are.

JG definitely is not good. Good quarterbacks put points on the scoreboard.

Punched in the nose? Lol calm down old man.
Lol. You’ve said it so many times and in so many ways now that you’re losing track.

When did i say JG sucks? All i have said is that Jalen Hurts and Drew Lock are better quarterbacks, which they absolutely are.

Lol toughest, a nice way to say sucks.

Dude he sucks just get over it. We need our defense to get better. JG is a game manager at best.

You are really mad that I poked holes in your idiotic homer beliefs and now you're raging. It's okay, I know you are very upset that I proved how stupid you are by using examples.

I just proved to you that JG is garbage at reading defenses and yet you are so delusional you are throwing out personal insults instead of any real points.

TDs, yards, and wins are the only stats that matter. JG is garbage in all of those categories.

JG has never scored 3 TDs in a game and you idiots really think he is good?

I was curious. Haha.

You mean the great passing by Dobbs that caused receivers to get wrecked? I can’t seem to shake the image of North getting destroyed when having to go high for the ball, and that was a normal occurrence.

Perhaps JG isn’t all that great, perhaps not as good as Dobbs, but Dobbs wasn’t a great passer here. I do think part of Dobbs problem was lack of play calling, lack of effort on the part of the receivers a lot of times. But JG has had things working against him as well, like a terrible OLine outside of Trey. Not much can happen when the D is all over you before you get a chance.

I do actually believe JG is a good passer, surprised to see people say otherwise. If you want to say he holds on the the ball too long, that’s one thing. But that doesn’t mean he’s a bad passer. He actually did better than Dobbs in spring QB challenge think that BJ put on his freshman season(or perhaps barely got beat on the last challenge), and usually is on fire in game when he has gotten lucky on plays from the line.

All I’m saying is I’m excited to see how he does next season with improvements in front of him. I mean no one thought A. Manning was terrible while in New Orleans, despite getting his teeth knocked in constantly. Just being a good player doesn’t mean you as a team will be successful, or that they will shine. In fact in football you actually have a less chance of shining on a terrible team. How many times have people said “player _______ is terrible” while in college, only to watch them light it up in the NFL with legit players around them. This isn’t NBA where a great player can put up 40+ points and save the day by himself.

I think it was Worley's pass that got Marquez injured, not Dobbs.

Won’t know whether they’re any good or not this year since they’ll both be backing up JG....have fun with that.

Oh god what would we do without JG’s completion percentage?! But seriously... if JG plays like last year, he needs to transfer. If not, great.

Kelly Bryant isn’t a pro prospect and isn’t worth a spot in next year’s class imo.

VN Store

Back