Tennessee has reached out to Missouri Seniors

You mean the great passing by Dobbs that caused receivers to get wrecked? I can’t seem to shake the image of North getting destroyed when having to go high for the ball, and that was a normal occurrence.

Perhaps JG isn’t all that great, perhaps not as good as Dobbs, but Dobbs wasn’t a great passer here. I do think part of Dobbs problem was lack of play calling, lack of effort on the part of the receivers a lot of times. But JG has had things working against him as well, like a terrible OLine outside of Trey. Not much can happen when the D is all over you before you get a chance.

I do actually believe JG is a good passer, surprised to see people say otherwise. If you want to say he holds on the the ball too long, that’s one thing. But that doesn’t mean he’s a bad passer. He actually did better than Dobbs in spring QB challenge think that BJ put on his freshman season(or perhaps barely got beat on the last challenge), and usually is on fire in game when he has gotten lucky on plays from the line.

All I’m saying is I’m excited to see how he does next season with improvements in front of him. I mean no one thought A. Manning was terrible while in New Orleans, despite getting his teeth knocked in constantly. Just being a good player doesn’t mean you as a team will be successful, or that they will shine. In fact in football you actually have a less chance of shining on a terrible team. How many times have people said “player _______ is terrible” while in college, only to watch them light it up in the NFL with legit players around them. This isn’t NBA where a great player can put up 40+ points and save the day by himself.
So one QB is playing in the NFL and the other had a better "Spring Challenge" competition?

Reactions: Vol_Lord_1990

VN Store

Back