Team News (current roster)

Let’s see where he gets drafted, been a lot of talk about him rising up some boards recently…if he goes Top 20 not sure there’s much discussion here. What do you think his ceiling would be, I’ve got a hard time seeing him Top 10?

Yea, just depends. I have seen him as high as 17 to the Grizzlies. If that holds, then it was correct. I have also seen him in the mid-20's. The difference between 12-14 and mid-20's is almost double the money. Like I said, he will be a millionaire, but it would have been interesting to see if he could have maybe gotten a 6 figure NIL deal and then moved up. And this really only matters if he struggles and has a tough time getting a good second contract, but none of us can predict the future.

Let’s see where he gets drafted, been a lot of talk about him rising up some boards recently…if he goes Top 20 not sure there’s much discussion here. What do you think his ceiling would be, I’ve got a hard time seeing him Top 10?
Despite my current track record on predictions, I'm going 22nd to the Lakers. Well, I think the Lakers have the 22nd pick, but I'm sure it's right around there and either way, I think the Lakers like and will draft Springer.
Keon goes between picks, 10-15, imo. Where ? Not sure, yet, but I will be shocked if he isn't drafted by the 15th pick

Is Basilio saying that JJJ HAS a wrist injury worse than Fulky or that he HAD one worse than Fulky? After all, he's out of his cast. Is there a projection out there as to JJJ's status for the start of the season?
I read it as one that will require more rehab and time to fully heal, and perhaps greater chance of re-injury. Maybe a ligament injury vs a bone injury?

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Is Basilio saying that JJJ HAS a wrist injury worse than Fulky or that he HAD one worse than Fulky? After all, he's out of his cast. Is there a projection out there as to JJJ's status for the start of the season?

It’s been a few years, but it seems like Fulk’s initial injury to his right arm was primarily the elbow and secondarily his wrist. I wouldn’t swear to it though. There were 2 issues with that injury that ended his first freshman year of eligibility.

Edit:

Fulk’s original injury was a badly dislocated right elbow and a cracked right wrist (he’s left handed):

John Fulkerson opens up about elbow injury, recovery process

But more recently Fulkerson fractured his left wrist which is probably the comparison that Basilio is making to JJJ’s wrist injury:

John Fulkerson Undergoes Surgery On Fractured Wrist | Rocky Top Insider

JJJ:
Tennessee basketball's Josiah-Jordan James undergoes wrist surgery

Last edited:
Sharife Cooper and Kennedy are about the same size and Cooper is being put in the first round convo. As long as Kennedy has a good season. Teams would love a guy with his skill set.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Cooper can score a lil better imo, other than that they are basically the same type of player.
Looks like in the draft guesses Cooper might go in the mid to late 20’s. If Cooper is a better scorer than Chandler, then maybe there is a slim chance we keep Chandler for a second year

If I remember correctly, Cooper was a volume shooter. He knew he was THE guy on that team and he acted like it. I have to imagine if Chandler took a bunch of shots he could score just the same.

Reactions: SJAVol32
Sharife played in 12 games and was 20, 4 rebounds, and 8 assist on 39% from the field. He came in with the mindset of just putting up shots. Kennedy won’t need to put up 20 a night to be a first round pick.

I read it as one that will require more rehab and time to fully heal, and perhaps greater chance of re-injury. Maybe a ligament injury vs a bone injury?

Yeah, the articles about it don't say specifically that it was a fracture, the way they do with Fulky's wrist, and he played with the injury, so I'm also guessing it isn't a fracture and is likely a soft tissue injury. Here's hoping the surgery and healing process are a success.

Reactions: cncchris33
It’s been a few years, but it seems like Fulk’s initial injury to his right arm was primarily the elbow and secondarily his wrist. I wouldn’t swear to it though. There were 2 issues with that injury that ended his first freshman year of eligibility.

Edit:

Fulk’s original injury was a badly dislocated right elbow and a cracked right wrist (he’s left handed):

John Fulkerson opens up about elbow injury, recovery process

But more recently Fulkerson fractured his left wrist which is probably the comparison that Basilio is making to JJJ’s wrist injury:

John Fulkerson Undergoes Surgery On Fractured Wrist | Rocky Top Insider

JJJ:
Tennessee basketball's Josiah-Jordan James undergoes wrist surgery

JJ's wrist injury isn't specifically called a fracture, like Fulky's. So I don't know that they're comparable.

Yep, that would make sense if it's bone and JJJ's is soft tissue. Let's hope they both heal as quickly as possible.

I’m concerned about JJJ. Silver linings if it’s an issue are that younger talent behind him would get earlier opportunities AND maybe he’ll be back for his 2nd junior and/or senior seasons.

At least he can be counted on to support his teammates even if he has to sit. We might could be a very inexperienced team again. Vescovi and Bailey do have on court experience and Uros and ORN have experience in the program.

I hope Bailey can improve his shooting.

One night he’s hot, next day he doesn’t show up.

We’ll definitely need his consistency.

I hope Bailey can improve his shooting.

One night he’s hot, next day he doesn’t show up.

We’ll definitely need his consistency.

He’s been in a college program for four years now. I’m pretty sure that is just who he is at this point.

Basilio expounding on the BHH info on air, right now. Says his attitude is driving the staff crazy, he fancies himself a guard, and his conditioning isn't up to par, though the believe he'll get there.

Nothing earth-shattering, and the kinds of rumors that followed his recruitment.
Wow, I hope he doesn’t turn into Walker 2.0. Barnes is steadfast on players being in great shape.

Reactions: allen phillips
Wrist injuries involving ligaments versus bones are much more tricky as you have suggested. Bones heal quickly, but ligaments can turn out to be a lengthy rehab process depending on location and number of ligaments involved.

VN Store

Back