Team News (current roster)

It must have been more than just conditioning for 2.0. TN could have used the extra body and scoring potential on many occasions last season.
1.0 it was definitely more than conditioning. 2.0 could have been more, and might have been, because Tennessee was desperate for help in 20-21. I guess we will never know as two assistants even lamented the situation.

1.0 it was definitely more than conditioning. 2.0 could have been more, and might have been, because Tennessee was desperate for help in 20-21. I guess we will never know as two assistants even lamented the situation.

Both could have been great contributors. Coaches getting teenagers to do as instructed often turns into an attempt not unlike cat herding. 1.0 sure seemed like a nice guy and was an inconsistent beast around the rim. He also seemed to have had a mental block when finishing at the hoop. 2.0, we never even got to know him.

Reactions: cardvolfan
It must have been more than just conditioning for 2.0. TN could have used the extra body and scoring potential on many occasions last season.
Yeah, Rick went out of his way to send a message. Rick did everything he could to try to play Davonte Gaines. Later in the season, they had Gaines in the dunker spot just trying to hide him on offense.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Freshman Kennedy Chandler really hit the ground running, pretty much dazzling onlookers from the time he arrived on campus. Brandon Huntley-Hatfield didn’t exactly struggle in June, but we’re told he hit another gear in July and really made some strides in his game in the last two months.

Of the returning players sifting through what we’ve heard it sounds to us as though Olivier Nkamhoua may have made the biggest move this summer. We’ve heard some platitudes about Nkamhoua taking the next step in his development so we’re going to take that with a grain of salt for the moment.
-VQ

The 3rd year jump for ON, but if VQ is taking it with a grain of salt, then we should all take it with a Gibraltar-sized rock of salt.
My thought. Don’t seem to hedge their bets most of the time, so that part was more telling to me than the praise. And I’m not even as down on ON as many
That being said I can believe BHH had improved a lot. I saw that he just turned 18, would make sense he could see rapid improvement

Reactions: cncchris33
My thought. Don’t seem to hedge their bets most of the time, so that part was more telling to me than the praise. And I’m not even as down on ON as many
That being said I can believe BHH had improved a lot. I saw that he just turned 18, would make sense he could see rapid improvement

I had pretty much written off ORN, but I saw some things from him this past season. I fully expect that he will make a big jump for the coming season. I'm a believer now.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
The 3rd year jump for ON, but if VQ is taking it with a grain of salt, then we should all take it with a Gibraltar-sized rock of salt.

Can’t take any VQ off-season report seriously after “Zach Kent has been the best post player” report from a year or two ago.

JJJ is changing his number to 30, per Vol Hoops Instagram

Does that mean he wants to get more team wins than his jersey number?
Does that mean he wants to shoot the ball 30 times per game.
Is he planning on averaging playing that number of minutes or average scoring that number of points.
Is he going for 30 blocks per game or is he telling us that he is 6x the player he was last year.
Enquiring minds want to know .....

Does that mean he wants to get more team wins than his jersey number?
Does that mean he wants to shoot the ball 30 times per game.
Is he planning on averaging playing that number of minutes or average scoring that number of points.
Is he going for 30 blocks per game or is he telling us that he is 6x the player he was last year.
Enquiring minds want to know .....
If you’re actually curious he explains in the post that it’s because his dad and brother both wore #30

VN Store

Back