Team News (current roster)

so maybe this makes you feel better then

It’s a fact Barnes weakness has been recruiting bigs. It’s one of the reasons why last year was a fail

the op is correct and the mob is wrong
Yes I agree that they’ve done better recruiting guards and wings than bigs, I disagree that our staff has had a continued inability to recruit legitimate bigs.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
We have to get 4 and 5 star bigs to have a chance against lswho or bammer.......the bammer O-Line is the reason for 80% of their success. MJones has time to consume a BigMac Combo meal on every pocket pass he throws. He!! I could have a 60% completion rate with that amount of time. Our QBs are just trying to survive to play another down. I am SICK of being humiliated by that toothless crowd of sidewalk fans.

Reactions: Ttucke11
Not at all, you literally stated OP was correct but then also disagree with his exact quote. I also disagreed with his use of words and initial quote, have also said recruiting of bigs hasn’t been at level of guards/wings.

Oh good grief

I guess you’d argue with a poster saying Pruitt needs to be fired because of his INABILITY to win games because he did in fact win 3 this year

It isn’t semantics for you to say that the OP is correct, and then you distance yourself from the very word (“inability”) that people take exception with from the OP’s statement.

Come on chris

As I said to BTO,

saying Pruitt needs to be fired because of his inability to win games doesn’t mean he losses every single game.
good grief

So then why’d you’d disagree with that wording?

I was clarifying my stance that Barnes has a weakness in recruiting bigs. As I said it’s semantics. Doesn’t mean he’s never recruited a good big. That’s ridiculous to suggesting using the word inability means that.

I was clarifying my stance that Barnes has a weakness in recruiting bigs. As I said it’s semantics. Doesn’t mean he’s never recruited a good big. That’s ridiculous to suggesting using the word inability means that.
Yet you yourself said there’s a difference in what he said and what you were saying, but now claim it’s just semantics, which means not a difference. Can’t have it both ways. I am much closer to agreeing with your statement than his, and as you pointed out those 2 statements are different from each other.

Yet you yourself said there’s a difference in what he said and what you were saying, but now claim it’s just semantics, which means not a difference. Can’t have it both ways. I am much closer to agreeing with your statement than his, and as you pointed out those 2 statements are different from each other.

Good grief

Barnes has a weakness in recruiting bigs. It’s one of the reasons we failed last year.

sorry you don’t like to read such Truths

Anybody got any updated info on Trinity, Dee and Malachi ... Yes, I know they are behind the eight ball (because we have have an extremely deep and talented roster.... Nod to PulaskiVolFan ).

I am just looking for are they practicing, how do they look, etc.

I thought it would be extremely difficult for them to even sniff the floor, unless a lot when really wrong. But I am still interested about even the smallest sneeze.

Currently, we are a consensus #3 seed ( The Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix - 2021 ). I attribute some of that to name recognition and traditional team ranking [Kansas, West Virginia, Houston]

My early season two cents: #1 seeds: Gonzaga, Baylor, Tennessee and Villanova (in no order)

In advance, thanks for any info!

discovered that website 2 years ago...always worth visiting.

Many on here just can't handle anything negative said about our team even if it's the truth. Our staff has been out of this world successful recently with guards/wings. They have been underwhelming with bigs recently. Both are the truth. One is positive, and one is negative, but why can only one be pointed out without some getting bent out of shape.

Many on here just can't handle anything negative said about our team even if it's the truth. Our staff has been out of this world successful recently with guards/wings. They have been underwhelming with bigs recently. Both are the truth. One is positive, and one is negative, but why can only one be pointed out without some getting bent out of shape.
With our staffs continued inability to recruit legitimate post players, I say suit him up. Couldn't hurt.
Because the bolded statement isn't true. We have yet to suffer from a lack of talent in the post under Barnes.

Now, we haven't really landed the kind of elite talent in the post as we have at the guard/wing positions, but we have developed talent in the post. Last year, we struggled a bit from a lack of depth there behind Fulk and Pons, but those two guys were our best two players, and both were once considered lost causes in the same vein as Nkamhoua and Plavsic. Who is to say those guys aren't the next in line?

If you want to amend the bolded statement to say something to the effect of, "our staff's continued struggles to close the deal with elite post talent", then you have an argument to be made and you'd face much less opposition to the idea. JMO.

I didn’t say they had an inability I said it’s a weakness. There is a difference.
depth has been and is a current issue
The OP post you were responding to said Barnes "has an inability to recruit posts." You said the mob was wrong and my objection was not that we are thinner than we hoped to be, but that Barnes "has an inability to recruit." Just to be clear, you are not saying Barnes has an inability to recruit? I think circumstances are what dictates many of these kids' decisions, not so much an inability to recruit. We're recruiting very high level kids, and sometimes they have their own, valid personal reasons to choose where they go.

Because the bolded statement isn't true. We have yet to suffer from a lack of talent in the post under Barnes.

Now, we haven't really landed the kind of elite talent in the post as we have at the guard/wing positions, but we have developed talent in the post. Last year, we struggled a bit from a lack of depth there behind Fulk and Pons, but those two guys were our best two players, and both were once considered lost causes in the same vein as Nkamhoua and Plavsic. Who is to say those guys aren't the next in line?

If you want to amend the bolded statement to say something to the effect of, "our staff's continued struggles to close the deal with elite post talent", then you have an argument to be made and you'd face much less opposition to the idea. JMO.
It's silly to put value on coming up just short. That actually has negative value because you have tied up so much time and effort into player A that player B didn't come here either. I just don't get this line of thinking. If I was making a new thread instead of just making a sly almost comment about 6-9 football player, I might have worded it differently, I'll give you that.

Wow

You sure have forgotten about last season quickly
Oh yeah? Which part did I forget? The part about our two best players being our starting forwards, or the part where I admitted that we lacked depth behind them at those positions? Is there another 2019-20 variable I'm not addressing, or are you just being perpetually argumentative?

Oh yeah? Which part did I forget? The part about our two best players being our starting forwards, or the part where I admitted that we lacked depth behind them at those positions? ?

dear gracious. Saying “we lacked depth” IS admitting that recruiting caused a “suffering of lack of talent in that area”

mercy Me you can’t have it both ways. You can’t claim we lacked depth but didn’t suffer from it. Lol

dear gracious. Saying “we lacked depth” IS admitting that recruiting caused a “suffering of lack of talent in that area”

mercy Me you can’t have it both ways. You can’t claim we lacked depth but didn’t suffer from it. Lol
Ok, Bruin. If you can't read my post and determine that I have admitted everything you claimed I haven't, then you're either obtuse or as usual, being argumentative.

VN Store

Back