Team News (current roster)

They say '21 football recruit, Trinity Bell can ball out in basketball and wants to try to play both, at UT, too. I think he is 6'9, btw
The guys in the RF think he can play at 290 lbs along the defensive line. His TE film is impressive but never seen any bb film on him. Football may want to beef up Dee and Bell as much as they can which would likely hinder their bb development, Wideman's basketball frame can handle any additional football weight and would probably improve his bb development. I don't think any of the 3 contribute in bb anytime soon and maybe never but I'd like to see how it would play out. I always enjoyed watching Charlie Ward play bb at Florida St while leading the college football powerhouse of the time. Watching Bo play baseball at Auburn was fun back in the day as well.

Reactions: The Dog
The guys in the RF think he can play at 290 lbs along the defensive line. His TE film is impressive but never seen any bb film on him. Football may want to beef up Dee and Bell as much as they can which would likely hinder their bb development, Wideman's basketball frame can handle any additional football weight and would probably improve his bb development. I don't think any of the 3 contribute in bb anytime soon and maybe never but I'd like to see how it would play out. I always enjoyed watching Charlie Ward play bb at Florida St while leading the college football powerhouse of the time. Watching Bo play baseball at Auburn was fun back in the day as well.
Yeah, I doubt any of 'em contribute, but like u said, it would be fun to have UT's version of Charlie Ward, Julius Pepper or even Tony Gonzalez

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Usually I’d be all for players neglecting football to train for basketball (we know which coach will develop them), but as Chris said I think this year its not worth the exposure risk considering they won’t be helping this year

(And I know that’s not what Pulaski asked, I’m just saying. Not sure when they’re to report, if they do.)

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Yeah, I doubt any of 'em contribute, but like u said, it would be fun to have UT's version of Charlie Ward, Julius Pepper or even Tony Gonzalez
You just never know. Great athletes can indeed be great at 2 sports at the college level if given the chance and are in the perfect situations at their school. Unfortunately for these 2 they are currently trying to make one of the best rosters in the country. You could also say that through early departures and graduations that we could lose 5 or 6 off this year's team and should that happen it might not be a bad idea to have Wideman and Dee on the roster and within the program for a year, basically free development and a what do you have to lose situation.

“Dingus”. LOL. I’m going to have to steal that and substitute it for my go to “Princess” now and then. I had a boss that used “Princess” all the time. He’d also use “eff you and the horse that you rode in on”. I never really understood that one.
Ever seen the movie Extract? First time I ever heard “dingus”

Tennessee is right where everyone expected them to be after their abbreviated non-conference season. The Vols are 6-0 and open the SEC season on Monday night against a surprise Missouri team that’s also 6-0 and knocked off Illinois earlier this month when the Illini were ranked No. 6.

The Vols weren’t as smooth on Wednesday night against USC Upstate as they had been earlier but still won by 20. Rick Barnes wasn’t overly critical of his team, seeming to feel like playing three games in six days had been a bit detrimental to their preparation whereas USC Upstate had been off for eight days to work on Tennessee.

The head coach did crack his whip a bit in the direction of his two seniors though. The only guys Barnes was critical of on Wednesday night were John Fulkerson and Yves Pons. He noted that neither had been as sharp or consistent through the first six games as he’d like to see them and he particularly went after Pons for his rebounding during the early portion of the season. Watch on Monday and see what effect that message had on those two.

Monday will be a good test for Tennessee against a Missouri squad that’s experienced and hard nosed.

With so much hype around the freshmen and the flashier play of Santiago Vescovi and Victor Bailey Jr. one guy who is quietly having an excellent season is Josiah Jordan-James. James put together a nice stat line on Wednesday night with 11 points, a team high eight rebounds to go with five assists, two steals and a block. Barnes has said that through the first six games James has been the Vols’ most consistent performer.

On the recruiting front it’s kind of a repeat from what we’ve been saying with no coaches hitting the road and no prospects able to come to town for visits. As of now we don’t expect Tennessee to add anyone else that is currently in the ’21 class but that could change in the spring, so don’t completely close the book on that. As we’ve been saying for a while now, don’t be surprised if there’s a reclassification from someone presently in the 2022 class.

We hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas !
-VQ

Anybody got any updated info on Trinity, Dee and Malachi ... Yes, I know they are behind the eight ball (because we have have an extremely deep and talented roster.... Nod to PulaskiVolFan ).

I am just looking for are they practicing, how do they look, etc.

I thought it would be extremely difficult for them to even sniff the floor, unless a lot when really wrong. But I am still interested about even the smallest sneeze.

Currently, we are a consensus #3 seed ( The Bracket Project's Bracket Matrix - 2021 ). I attribute some of that to name recognition and traditional team ranking [Kansas, West Virginia, Houston]

My early season two cents: #1 seeds: Gonzaga, Baylor, Tennessee and Villanova (in no order)

In advance, thanks for any info!

They say '21 football recruit, Trinity Bell can ball out in basketball and wants to try to play both, at UT, too. I think he is 6'9, btw
With our staffs continued inability to recruit legitimate post players, I say suit him up. Couldn't hurt.

With our staffs continued inability to recruit legitimate post players, I say suit him up. Couldn't hurt.
That's quite arrogant. It's funny how people like you say these things. So, you know all that happens and you're pointing out a coaches "inabilities" for a team that is currently ranked 6th in the coaches poll. That's laughable.

That's quite arrogant. It's funny how people like you say these things. So, you know all that happens and you're pointing out a coaches "inabilities" for a team that is currently ranked 6th in the coaches poll. That's laughable.
Not arrogant just the truth. Instead of calling people arrogant why not bring up some names of productive post players we have signed in the last 3 years........Oh, that's what I thought you have nothing.

VN Store

Back