Team News (current roster)

Im betting not

I know for a fact Barnes hasn’t been happy with the toughness of another player

If Pember has been hanging around Knoxville, then his odds are lowered for catching it. ORN underperformed. Next one up the bench is Ticket, but it wouldn't be accurate to say he can't play. So Uros, Pember, or Olivier. I don't know if Basilio has been critical of Pember or ORN. I think we can rule out the 3 freshmen, JJJ, Vescovi, Fulk, Pons, and probably Bailey and Anosike.

Just by all the rhetoric here this thing CLEARLY has been politicized by the media and anyone else who has an agenda (I long for the day, yes, pray for the day we do not get our "facts" from the media. They have lost ALL rights to "educate America"). CLEARLY that is and has happened. Our country also CLEARLY must move on and deal with it the best way possible. Those two "clearly's" are obvious in any reasonable person so for us to keep grinding the same stuff over and over again is futility! CLEARLY!

Low rent for TB to even make such a comment

I'd say that it's no secret to even B level donors which player has it. The media is just pandering to the administration by keeping it quiet.

If it's Pember and not Uros I'm surprised at Basilio saying it's a dead weight player. I don't know if I've heard him critical of others besides Uros. Maybe ORN. But it is low class especially if it's directed at a freshman.

I'd say that it's no secret to even B level donors which player has it. The media is just pandering to the administration by keeping it quiet.

If it's Pember and not Uros I'm surprised at Basilio saying it's a dead weight player. I don't know if I've heard him critical of others besides Uros. Maybe ORN. But it is low class especially if it's directed at a freshman.

It’s low class no matter who it is

it’s not like the virus chooses the dead weight players

Last I heard, he's not in the States yet, but that was a couple weeks ago.

They might test players the day that they arrive on campus.

I don't think that Basilio has touched on it since the start of his show today. Maybe he's regretting hinting around it and labeling the player as a scrub.

Just by all the rhetoric here this thing CLEARLY has been politicized by the media and anyone else who has an agenda (I long for the day, yes, pray for the day we do not get our "facts" from the media. They have lost ALL rights to "educate America"). CLEARLY that is and has happened. Our country also CLEARLY must move on and deal with it the best way possible. Those two "clearly's" are obvious in any reasonable person so for us to keep grinding the same stuff over and over again is futility! CLEARLY!

What does this mean? How are you going to get your facts? It either comes from the media, or we don't get facts at all, live in ignorance about current events other than word of mouth. Maybe it depends on your definition of "media." How are you defining it?

Let's take the semantics out of this. In your ideal world (I am not poking fun, sincere question), how would you obtain facts? Like what would a world with good reporting/"media" look like?

Not sure what unvaccinated flu deaths has anything to do with what I posted your anecdotal info is not relevant. Look at hospitalization rates across the entire country not to mention entire states like FL, GA, etc...

Your original post said that the CDC says that the flu is more deadly than Covid-19 for people under 50. Yes, unvaccinated deaths are VERY relevant because those people did not take advantage of a vaccine. That's the difference. There is a tool out there that everyone can use to greatly mitigate the flu. It's not a cure, but it indeed mitigates the flu.

Kids can't get the vaccine without help from a parent, so they have to rely on someone else. In the 2017-2018 season, 186 pediatric deaths occurred. Approximately 80% of those were unvaccinated children. A study released in 2017 found that the vaccine reduces flu-associated death by 50% among children with underlying health conditions and by 65% among healthy children. You didn't connect the dots if you don't think it's relevant. Take out the unvaccinated deaths and how do the numbers look?

Last edited:
What does this mean? How are you going to get your facts? It either comes from the media, or we don't get facts at all, live in ignorance about current events other than word of mouth. Maybe it depends on your definition of "media." How are you defining it?

Let's take the semantics out of this. In your ideal world (I am not poking fun, sincere question), how would you obtain facts? Like what would a world with good reporting/"media" look like?
I would like to hear an answer to this as well.

Thanks for the sincere question. The question itself says it all. The media, by any standard, today and by its own admission HAS PROVEN THEY ARE NOT THE SOURCE FOR TRUTH!. They no longer try to hide it. They are now fully operated by agenda driven decision-makers. To answer your question - I have several trusted sources that have proven over time to be mostly accurate and fair. I am a former member of the media and my wife has recently retired from a 40 career in journalism. There was a time the media would deny, hide, or deceive to cover their obvious bias and agendas...they just no longer do that. And its not going to improve. Its just not! I used to be squarely in your shoes...I felt the same way...but trust me it doesn't take long when we are truly seeking the truth about the media that it all becomes OVERWHELMING crystal clear where they have gone. I still occasionally watch some broadcast media (mostly TV) and am blown away EVERY TIME at how obvious their game is. Look at some of the basic media research organizations that just lay out the facts...it's overwhelming! Thanks for the sincere question. Go Vols!!

Thanks for the sincere question. The question itself says it all. The media, by any standard, today and by its own admission HAS PROVEN THEY ARE NOT THE SOURCE FOR TRUTH!. They no longer try to hide it. They are now fully operated by agenda driven decision-makers. To answer your question - I have several trusted sources that have proven over time to be mostly accurate and fair. I am a former member of the media and my wife has recently retired from a 40 career in journalism. There was a time the media would deny, hide, or deceive to cover their obvious bias and agendas...they just no longer do that. And its not going to improve. Its just not! I used to be squarely in your shoes...I felt the same way...but trust me it doesn't take long when we are truly seeking the truth about the media that it all becomes OVERWHELMING crystal clear where they have gone. I still occasionally watch some broadcast media (mostly TV) and am blown away EVERY TIME at how obvious their game is. Look at some of the basic media research organizations that just lay out the facts...it's overwhelming! Thanks for the sincere question. Go Vols!!
So are your sources literally people telling you the happenings of the world, orrrrrrrrr.....

Agreed. If Walker is a legit 6-8 and 220 he will see a lot of minutes at the 4 position.
Barring injuries, I don’t see it if Pons returns. I see our 4&5 being split mainly by Fulky, Pons, and Anosike. Very few minutes left for anyone else.

Your original post said that the CDC says that the flu is more deadly than Covid-19 for people under 50. Yes, unvaccinated deaths are VERY relevant because those people did not take advantage of a vaccine. That's the difference. There is a tool out there that everyone can use to greatly mitigate the flu. It's not a cure, but it indeed mitigates the flu.

Kids can't get the vaccine without help from a parent, so they have to rely on someone else. In the 2017-2018 season, 186 pediatric deaths occurred. Approximately 80% of those were unvaccinated children. A study released in 2017 found that the vaccine reduces flu-associated death by 50% among children with underlying health conditions and by 65% among healthy children. You didn't connect the dots if you don't think it's relevant. Take out the unvaccinated deaths and how do the numbers look?

Can you cite a credible study which attributes all flu deaths under 50 to no vaccine (I would guess it is probably the majority but no way is it 100% which is your premise as stated)?

Regardless of that, you are missing the point which is the odds of these athletes dying today from covid-19 is about as close to them being struck by lightning (and the continued testing continues to build more & more evidence of this) but it would be ludicrous to suggest we not play sports.

Regardless of that, you are missing the point which is the odds of these athletes dying today from covid-19 is about as close to them being struck by lightning (and the continued testing continues to build more & more evidence of this) but it would be ludicrous to suggest we not play sports.
I slightly lean toward agreeing with this BUT the key is we don’t know what if any long term effects there are to having covid. We know it’s far from deadly to athletes but it’s possible there are long term issues after having it.

VN Store

Back