SUPER BOWL LVII: CHIEFS VS EAGLES, 6:30 PM (2/12/23) FOX

I honestly don’t give a damn what you think. That field is always ranked highly by NFL players. See my quote in the previous post. Every field is different. This one has actual lush grass year-round. Neither the KC Chiefs nor Eagles would be accustomed to that. Slipping hasn’t been an issue this year or any year on this field. These teams equipment managers did a poor job tonight.

You seem really invested in the grass and it’s reputation. The grass was great buddy, you’re right. Both professional teams just didn’t know what they were doing 👍

Reactions: Notorious B.E.N
Are you asking me to go make video clips of defensive backs getting handsy/tugging and post them here to show proof? 😂

No but can you recall any comments about it? Any comments from the broadcast?

Are we just to assume that exactly what was called was ignored throughout the game? Seems somewhere during the game discussion or broadcast someone, somewhere would have complained.

Are we just to assume that exactly what was called was ignored throughout the game? Seems somewhere during the game discussion or broadcast someone, somewhere would have complained.

They didn’t comment about it because as I said, it’s normal. That crap happens all throughout the game. You keep pointing out the one guy saying he liked the call, well the other guy calling the game didn’t and it seems neither does 90% of others.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan

No, but I did hear Greg Olsen say the call in question was a bad call.

Reactions: 615vols
They didn’t comment about it because as I said, it’s normal. That crap happens all throughout the game. You keep pointing out the one guy saying he liked the call, well the other guy calling the game didn’t and it seems neither does 90% of others.

the one guy who liked the call is the rules analyst - just guessing he understands the rules better than you or I or the guy calling the game. Kinda the reason they have him there

the one guy who liked the call is the rules analyst - just guessing he understands the rules better than you or I or the guy calling the game. Kinda the reason they have him there

Would you say an nfl referee understands the rules better than you or I? Have you ever questioned one of their calls or are they as infallible as you seem to think the analyst is?

Lol, yeah, well I don't know if you watch the NFL every week but I can count on one hand the number of times I've heard the rules analyst disagree with the call and I've seen plenty where everyone but the rules analyst disagreed.

Reactions: 615vols
Would you say an nfl referee understands the rules better than you or I? Have you ever questioned one of their calls or are they as infallible as you seem to think the analyst is?

would I say an nfl referee understand the rules better than you or I? seriously?

I would say they are better at knowing what refs are looking at and what constitutes a penalty 100%

never said they were infallible

would I say an nfl referee understand the rules better than you or I? seriously?

I would say they are better at knowing what refs are looking at and what constitutes a penalty 100%

never said they were infallible

Yes, seriously. Have you ever questioned a refs call? Simple yes or no

we are making progress - at least everyone acknowledges it was defensive holding.

Yes; but based on what you were asking, if you are shown a play or plays where the same type hold happened and wasn't called, then are you going to admit that they were selective when they called it?

Yes, seriously. Have you ever questioned a refs call? Simple yes or no

of course - as have the rules analysts (ex refs)

however, I guarantee that guy knows more about the rules of the game than you do and the fact you are arguing that is comical.

even the D player from the Eagles acknowledges it was holding

however, I guarantee that guy knows more about the rules of the game than you do and the fact you are arguing that is comical.

Why would you question a refs call? As you said, and I quote, the guy who made the call is an nfl ref. “just guessing he understands the rules better than you or I or the guy calling the game. Kinda the reason they have him there”. So when does questioning refs/analysts become acceptable and when must we defer to them knowing more?

Yes; but based on what you were asking, if you are shown a play or plays where the same type hold happened and wasn't called, then are you going to admit that they were selective when they called it?

yes there is selectivity. it wasn't blatant in this case. no argument.

I've seen no examples from this game where the same level of holding wasn't called. Therefore, I don't buy the argument that you shouldn't call it at the end of the game. It matters throughout the game. If it was being ignored though out the game and just called at the end then I'd be calling BS but so far I see nothing to suggest that's the case.

VN Store

Back