SUPER BOWL LVII: CHIEFS VS EAGLES, 6:30 PM (2/12/23) FOX

If there was a conspiracy to let KC win the Super Bowl, why overturn the second defensive touchdown the Bolton scored? Why let multiple delay of game penalties on the Eagles go uncalled? Why let the Eagles false start basically the entire game.

No I get what you are saying and you are right, but that call was such nonsense right there. NFL had a classic set up and it ended like that.

Overlook me, I’m still salty about the bball game last night.

I’m not saying one way or the other. Just that holding calls are called before the pass and catchable doesn’t matter if a flag for holding is thrown.

I am almost 100% positive the ball was in the air on the tug that happened after the LOS, and either way, super ticky tack

I didn't think it was a bad call - it was a bad replay; the hold happened at the cut but they kept showing after the cut

I didn't think it was a bad call - it was a bad replay; the hold happened at the cut but they kept showing after the cut

If that was a 3rd and 2 and Mahomes threw that ball on the cut, nobody would complain.

I get the optics tho. Because the play broke down, people are gonna freak

It was a bad call in that moment.

There’s holding on most every single play that’s not called but he wasn’t going to catch the ball that was overthrown 10 yards any way.

Should have been a play on.

MVP with 183 yards. Mahones didn't have to make one single tough throw in that 2nd half. I guess Chiefs are a little better than people thought.

It was a bad call in that moment.

There’s holding on most every single play that’s not called but he wasn’t going to catch the ball that was overthrown 10 yards any way.

Should have been a play on.

disagree - you don't know if the hold at the cut didn't happen if the receiver could have gotten there.

more fundamentally, you can't not call something because it's the end of the game. I don't recall any point of the game where anyone suggested D-holding wasn't being called.

Reactions: KoachKrab127
disagree - you don't know if the hold at the cut didn't happen if the receiver could have gotten there.

more fundamentally, you can't not call something because it's the end of the game. I don't recall any point of the game where anyone suggested D-holding wasn't being called.
Sure you can. If these ticky tack things weren't called the entire game, you can't start calling them now

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
I wonder if the ref would be more likely to throw a flag since that’s the play that ate up the Eagles for the Chiefs 2nd half tds.

Eli won MVP in Super Bowl 42 when the ball hit a Patriots’ player hands three different times on the final drive. It almost always default to the QB

This is my problem with the MVP. It should be the Chiefs O-Line but you have to give it to one player so default goes to QB

if the Eagles won I'd give it to the TE even though he only had 6 catches - each one was pivotal to a scoring drive

I’m not one for conspiracy theory, but that call and the timing of it makes me a believer.

Don’t care for either team, but it was an amazing game all to get ruined by that nonsense.
It was definitely disappointing to see the refs outight decide the outcome of the Super Bowl with a highly questionable call. However, it was almost appropriate for this particular season to end that way because the NFL refs have decided a lot of games this year with bad calls.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
No one talking about how the Eagles totally botched the end of the first half. Had the ball with 15 seconds left and a timeout. Plenty of time for two shots at the end zone, yet they called a pedestrian pass play that went for three yards, then let the clock run down to four seconds before burning their timeout to kick the field goal.

I do want to see the "whole" replay. If it was just what we saw at the end it's complete BS. If it was on the first cut there may still be a discussion to be had but it's a distinction that matters.

VN Store

Back