Suggestions for freak

Now that the season is here, to avoid clutter, I'm moving this to the help forum. Please continue to post suggestions as I will keep tabs on this thread moving forward.

And thanks for all the great suggestions so far. Lots more changes still to come.

On the new site, I cannot post from my iPad (older iPad running iOS version 9.3.5). The iPad shows this version as the most current for my iPad. I think it is an iPad2.

I do not have a problem with my iPhone 7.

I did the mark all read after the transition and it's fixed the opening the first page problem for the most part. I have noticed that when I open a thread that I haven't opened in a while (example the countdown thread a few minutes ago) it takes me to the first post instead of the first new post. I've also noticed it in a couple of older threads that get bumped. Should that be happening?

I did the mark all read after the transition and it's fixed the opening the first page problem for the most part. I have noticed that when I open a thread that I haven't opened in a while (example the countdown thread a few minutes ago) it takes me to the first post instead of the first new post. I've also noticed it in a couple of older threads that get bumped. Should that be happening?
If you haven’t opened the thread since the transition, that would explain it. Otherwise that shouldn’t happen.

On the new site, I cannot post from my iPad (older iPad running iOS version 9.3.5). The iPad shows this version as the most current for my iPad. I think it is an iPad2.

I do not have a problem with my iPhone 7.
To be honest I don’t have an iPad 2 that I could use for testing. Maybe someone else will chime in.

As always I would suggest clearing your cache and deleting all temp files to see if that helps.

Maybe it's just me, but with the influx of a couple of WV fans.... can we bring back the 100 post count minimum to start threads? Might need a pole to get everyone else's opinion.

Reactions: crazyguy
Hey Freak,
This may be unpopular, but is there any way that we could have a no avatar version of the site? I'd like to keep mine as G rated as possible. (that's one of the reasons I almost always view on mobile) Thanks.

Hey Freak,
This may be unpopular, but is there any way that we could have a no avatar version of the site? I'd like to keep mine as G rated as possible. (that's one of the reasons I almost always view on mobile) Thanks.
Down at the bottom, click on the VolNation 2018 link. It'll bring up an option to switch to a no avatar/images theme.

Reactions: crazyguy
Hey Freak,
Down at the bottom, click on the VolNation 2018 link. It'll bring up an option to switch to a no avatar/images theme.

One note here: Some media types (like Giphy, etc) will still display. This no avatar/images theme literally only applies to images.

This might be a glitch? On at least two occasions today when I clicked to like a post it has took me to a separate page that says something like "Are you sure you want to Like this post"
If it happens again, screenshot it for me if you can.

This happened to me just a while ago for the first time since I probably brought it up.

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

So now that we're a couple of months into the switch, how do yall feel about the public likes now? Is it as big of an issue as yall thought it might be?

An issue I’ve been running into is even though I leave the tab open, when I come back to VN the page is sometimes blank and I have to go back to my favorites and open it back up.

It’s the only tab I leave open that does this.

VN Store

Back