Start JT Shrout

Start Holiday, run the option. Doesn’t matter who starts, results are gonna be the same. Very ugly.

we can know this later. no use in feeding him to the monster to struggle
You’ve repeatedly criticized Maurer KNOWING that’s exactly what they did to him last year. You claim Bailey is better. So why the concern? Are you afraid HB may not be able to match Maurers production? I say let’s see how good he is. Let him play. His goal is 259 yards 2 tds with no more than int vs a defense that’s probably not as good as UGA was last year.

If he doesn’t reach those numbers, you stop posting negative concerning Maurer. If he does then I’ll say HB is better than I thought. Deal?

Seemed like Maurer was running basically the same offense as JG last year, just decided to keep it and run more. Probably wouldn't be that big of a difference in philosophy.

Good points about how the QB position effects recruiting.
No. They gameplanned differently. JG doesn't react quickly enough to be good at RPO's with quick throws. That was something Maurer did well early. It isn't incidental that JG had so few throws when he relieved Maurer. He had 5 vs UGA, 7 vs MSU, 16 vs Bama, and 8 vs UK. The only game where they gave him anything "risky" was Bama. JG was ineffective vs UGA and Bama. His success vs UK and MSU depended a lot on yards after catch.

Reactions: 1vol8 and igotworms
You’ve repeatedly criticized Maurer KNOWING that’s exactly what they did to him last year. You claim Bailey is better. So why the concern? Are you afraid HB may not be able to match Maurers production? I say let’s see how good he is. Let him play. His goal is 259 yards 2 tds with no more than int vs a defense that’s probably not as good as UGA was last year.

If he doesn’t reach those numbers, you stop posting negative concerning Maurer. If he does then I’ll say HB is better than I thought. Deal?

no, maurer played vs miss st, uga, ky after practicing as the #1 all that week. even against bama after practicing with the ones all week. my take is let shrout get his chance and lets see

where did i say bailey is better? i said we already know what we got with maurer.....cantr read defenses

Besides the other team scoring that Shrout throw was worse than JGs. He didn't have anywhere to go with it and instead of throwing it away, he just chunked it hoping the WR would catch it.
Would not have mattered if he threw it away. JG was coming back in.

Reactions: igotworms
no, maurer played vs miss st, uga, ky after practicing as the #1 all that week. even against bama after practicing with the ones all week. my take is let shrout get his chance and lets see
No one has a problem with Shrout getting a legitimate chance. Including me.

Reactions: lexkyvol
Shrout suffers from what the rest of that QB room does: watching the coaching staff force feed the playbook to an incompetent experienced starter waiting for the lightbulb to come on. Meanwhile they get none of the same attention and are forced to learn only from their mistakes. This is likely why whoever they trot out there looks like they haven’t held a football in a long time.

I agree on bailey. If our line can’t keep him from getting hurt against bama then we don’t have any business playing in this league. He needs to play against the best and learn. Give him the same
Patience as JG. JG had four years. Thanks for your service, but it’s time to play someone else that can give us a chance going forward. If it’s not bailey, throw salter in there next year. No more BS.
Throwing fresh meat to the wolves is always a good idea

game film from last yr. when they took away his rpo read, he severely struggled
Game plan maybe? Have you ever thought of the possibility that’s all they had time to work on and therefore couldn’t adjust? The very next week he had very few RPOs and was just as if not more effective.

Reactions: igotworms
Game plan maybe? Have you ever thought of the possibility that’s all they had time to work on and therefore couldn’t adjust? The very next week he had very few RPOs and was just as if not more effective.
yeah, and he is who he is. and that's okay

How we have been crap at half time adjustments......i mean BM didnt turn it over...they just stuffed. A TRUE FRESHMAN FFS...

Reactions: 1vol8
yeah, and he is who he is. and that's okay
Yes it is. But I think you’re young and impressionable and therefore you took to KTown and Pulaski’s posting style OR you’re not young but you’ve never played the game. Either is ok but if you’re young, you don’t want to be like those guys. If you’re not you REALLY need to study up on the Xs and Os of this game before posting. VN is full of posters that may have “missed their calling”.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Yes it is. But I think you’re young and impressionable and therefore you took to KTown and Pulaski’s posting style OR you’re not young but you’ve never played the game. Either is ok but if you’re young, you don’t want to be like those guys. If you’re not you REALLY need to study up on the Xs and Os of this game before posting. VN is full of posters that may have “missed their calling”.
former D-1 recruit and current hs coach. i know exactly what i am talking about!

No thanks. He not only stared down the wr on his only pass he double pumped just to make sure the db had plenty of time to get the int. He's lived off his one great throw last year vs SC long enough. Roll with Bailey.
I think it’s a little unfair to judge him based off that throw. The o line put him in a 2nd and long there. Also not a bright call by Chaney. When you put in a guy with little experience and not much reps in practice stick to the short throws. At that point the game was still winnable, no reason to be taking 25 yard passes with a new qb on an obvious passing down.

Reactions: Volsonyourface
Anyone but JG should start and play this week. Shrout was given one series and as far as I could see, didn't even get to properly warm up. He made a very poor decision. In high school he made poor decisions, but either give him a real chance or get him out of the program.

If bm is healthy, and his head is on straight, give him an opportunity.

HB probably isn't ready, but baptism by fire, is fine with me. Let's see what this 5* can do. I'm not scared of bamas defense, it's their offense that is scary this year.

Put someone in the wildcat all game.

Anyone but JG!
Pruitt is just plain stubborn and keeping
JG in is his way of saying it's my way or
the highway. The only way he will pull him
is if he starts screwing up immediately.
Short of an injury or somebody above him
saying pull the kid permanently ( which
isn't going to happen) it looks like we're stuck
with him and it looks like me and the rest of
Volnation can't do a whole lot about it.

Nah, he'd be like a staked out goat in the middle of a pride of lions. If Maurer is healthy, let him start and go helter skelter on bama. When they break him, toss Bailey in there for a few series. If he struggles, grab an athlete and turn to the wildcat. Or just take a knee on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd downs while milking the clock. Punt out of bounds on 4th down. No more gitmo.

VN Store

Back