(Speculation)Miles in talks of finishing a deal

Urban is 1-2 against Saban (I believe), so thats pretty close to Les's record. You aren't going to hire a coach with a winning record against him unless you choose someone that has only played him once. You guys wouldn't be content winning 1/3 of the games against Bama while Saban is there? Sure, I would love to beat him everytime, but if people actually did that...he woudn't be the coach he is.

Urban is 2-2 vs Saban.

Can I ask the pro Les people why hasn’t Les been offered a job since he was fired by LSU over a year ago? How does that instill confidence in anyone?

I nor anyone else know what Miles has been offered. Do you? Please show me where college coaches have made the offers they have received public knowledge.

Miles previous record, especially in the SEC and against Saban instill confidence in me. IS he the long term solution for us? No. Is he going to turn our program from the bottom of the SEC into one of the top? No. Can he bring a wealth of experience and knowledge from winning at a high rate in the toughest division in CF? Yes. Ca he bring toughness and speed back to our team? Yes. Can he be a great mentor to a younger OC like Martin to groom them for the rigors of the SEC? Yes.

Reactions: 3 people
I nor anyone else know what Miles has been offered. Do you? Please show me where college coaches have made the offers they have received public knowledge.

Miles previous record, especially in the SEC and against Saban instill confidence in me. IS he the long term solution for us? No. Is he going to turn our program from the bottom of the SEC into one of the top? No. Can he bring a wealth of experience and knowledge from winning at a high rate in the toughest division in CF? Yes. Ca he bring toughness and speed back to our team? Yes. Can he be a great mentor to a younger OC like Martin to groom them for the rigors of the SEC? Yes.

Best post so far

There is an article that talks about Tee and playcalling. There are 3 of them that share duties, but the article sort of implies they let Tee take the heat when there are questions about calls.

Thats not proven. And even if it is, the only time Tee isnt fully calling plays is if its on 3rd down and a passing play is needed. Again, thats what is reported. But Tee is their play caller on first and second downs. And USC is one of the best in the country on first downs.

Who wouldn’t be happy with Les Miles after almost having Schiano?
I mean it’s not Jon Gruden of course. But he has almost a .750 win %, went to 2 natl championships and won one of them, won coach of the year, known for toughness and winning the line of scrimmage battle, and is charismatic either in a good way or a bad one. It’s not perfect but it’s not terrible

Reactions: 5 people
IMO Miles will get us 8-10 wins. He will stabilize this program. At this point and given the context, I would consider us lucky to have Miles. Alternatively, Mike Norvell is the next best option hands down. He can coach!!!!!

Reactions: 4 people
Thats not proven. And even if it is, the only time Tee isnt fully calling plays is if its on 3rd down and a passing play is needed. Again, thats what is reported. But Tee is their play caller on first and second downs. And USC is one of the best in the country on first downs.

Wolf: USC offensive coordinator Tee Martin accepts criticism – Daily News

I wouldn't want to work somewhere that hired me to do a job and then micromanaged me so much that they did 1/3 of my job.

IMO Miles will get us 8-10 wins. He will stabilize this program. At this point and given the context, I would consider us lucky to have Miles. Alternatively, Mike Norvell is the next best option hands down. He can coach!!!!!

But can Norvell handle the WHOLE Job. That's what kills people.

He can coach, develop players and recruit without a doubt. He would benefit from a veteran associate head coach. Ark has him locked up given Malzahn's decision to stay at AU though. It will be interesting to see what he can do in SEC.

Tell Tee to come home and be an OC under Les and when Les retires he'll be front runner for the HC job.

Have Les mentor him and let Tee take notes on what he wants.

Reactions: 2 people
I changed my tune on Norvell a bit yesterday after he took a team that waxed him earlier in the year (with the supposed hot & comer young coach) into OT.

Reactions: 3 people
At this point, I really do not care much anymore. I have been watching Tenn football for many years and I have seen them at their best. And now I have seen this dumpster fire. Many years before we ever come back. Hope I am wrong. If Les Miles is hired yall will not have to worry about me any longer.

Did you have to google that? Or did you really know it? Just curious. Not being an @$$

Yeah you’re being an ass and if you don’t know Utah beat Alabama in a bowl game without Google...You’re not very smart.

Last edited:
I can confirm that the time table has jumped back a bit... There is no deal finalized.... However, I can tell you guys you will like where this all ends up as long as ther isn't any speed bumps.... It should all fall into place by late Wednesday or Thursday.... If this post sounds shady that's because thats all I was told.... "You will like where this ends up"

Lol

I have some family friends that seem to think there are legs to Miles being the head coach and Tee being involved as OC... Seems to be some stipulations on the offensive side of the ball in this... I also believe there has been by Les calls to start assembling a staff together... With new and old faces....

Again I have no main sources but it seems to have some legs to this idea atleast.

If true guess we'll have to switch to watching FSU running the Lane Train. Because our train is and will remain off the tracks.

Who wouldn’t be happy with Les Miles after almost having Schiano?
I mean it’s not Jon Gruden of course. But he has almost a .750 win %, went to 2 natl championships and won one of them, won coach of the year, known for toughness and winning the line of scrimmage battle, and is charismatic either in a good way or a bad one. It’s not perfect but it’s not terrible

And the reason he's still not the LSU coach is....?

I kind of hope Miles is the pick so that we can get rid of some of these bandwagon pretend Vols fans.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back