(Speculation)Miles in talks of finishing a deal

les, GARY patterson or Mike Leach- anyone of these is better than Butch. Butch had 5 years to make his case. No reason to not move on.

I enjoy all of this SEC and national title talk. Need I remind everyone thay we lost 8 games? Every SEC game we played? At this point, if Les Miles won 5-6 SEC games and got us into a decent bowl, eveyone should be ready to kiss his feet! If he does that AND beats one of the Big 3 rivals, he should be a hero! We ain't likely to go to the SEC championship for a few more years if then. We wouldn't win the SEC titlew next year if we had Gruden with Leach and Jesus as his coordinators!

Reactions: 3 people
Fulmer will give Les Miles the tools he needs to win! We will have great assistant coaches. This is the great thing with having an AD that knows football and loves UT. This AD will most certainly help the HC surround himself with successful people.

Reactions: 1 person
Can I ask the pro Les people why hasn’t Les been offered a job since he was fired by LSU over a year ago? How does that instill confidence in anyone?

Can I ask the pro Les people why hasn’t Les been offered a job since he was fired by LSU over a year ago? How does that instill confidence in anyone?

My guess would be age and stigma that he will not adjust his philosophy... I would agree but think bringing Tee to run the offense and think he has a chip on his shoulder that he can get it done at the highest level! I think most would like to go young which we would be doing with Tee as the AHC... no doubt at all that Les is a phenomenal defensive coach

Reactions: 1 person
I can confirm that the time table has jumped back a bit... There is no deal finalized.... However, I can tell you guys you will like where this all ends up as long as ther isn't any speed bumps.... It should all fall into place by late Wednesday or Thursday.... If this post sounds shady that's because thats all I was told.... "You will like where this ends up"

I have some family friends that seem to think there are legs to Miles being the head coach and Tee being involved as OC... Seems to be some stipulations on the offensive side of the ball in this... I also believe there has been by Les calls to start assembling a staff together... With new and old faces....

Again I have no main sources but it seems to have some legs to this idea atleast.

As late in the hiring process as it is and that Phil is short on time I believe that it is Miles. No time to play around with someone who may just turn us down. With more time we could conduct a better search but not at this point

Yes me too but I believe that it will e better from a deal and who comes with him perspective....

Fulmer probably gas a soft spot in his heart for Les Miles. I'm sure he sees himself when he looks at Les. (An older coach that got fired a little too early and someone that still has a lot of fight left in him). That's my guess. Plus as awkward or crazy as Les seemed, HE WON BALL GAMES! If we hire Les I find it hard to complain even though he aint my favorite.

I have heard some say they don't even know if Tee actually calls the plays because Clay Helton is so controlling. Now he does appear to recruit well so I will give him that.

Steele has been average at best everywhere he's been. This year was his best, but of course choked in SEC championship game. Like Tee he does recruit well, but I feel it's more important to get a coach that is good at X's and O's because we always recruit pretty well, some great some just top 25 which if good X and O's guy is all you need.

There is an article that talks about Tee and playcalling. There are 3 of them that share duties, but the article sort of implies they let Tee take the heat when there are questions about calls.

Wrong! He was 3-7 against Saban. Not a great record, but a lot better than many (including Dan Mullen) have against him.

Urban is 1-2 against Saban (I believe), so thats pretty close to Les's record. You aren't going to hire a coach with a winning record against him unless you choose someone that has only played him once. You guys wouldn't be content winning 1/3 of the games against Bama while Saban is there? Sure, I would love to beat him everytime, but if people actually did that...he woudn't be the coach he is.

Urban is 1-2 against Saban (I believe), so thats pretty close to Les's record. You aren't going to hire a coach with a winning record against him unless you choose someone that has only played him once. You guys wouldn't be content winning 1/3 of the games against Bama while Saban is there? Sure, I would love to beat him everytime, but if people actually did that...he woudn't be the coach he is.

Kyle Wittingham undefeated against Saban...Cash him outside how bout dat?

VN Store

Back