So is there anything to even be excited about this fall?

I'm going to see Tyler Childers and The Avett Brothers in August. Not technically the fall but close enough.

I think there is a lot to be excited about. We have tried but realistically we haven’t had a real coach since kiffin. I think someone moderately good at their job (like I expect heupel to be) is going to really shine a light on what terrible leadership we’ve had in the past. Give me a TN team with speed that plays loose and i can stomach the losses a lot better. The worst is watching young guys out there not enjoying a single second on the field

It seems like the Football program is a train wreck right now.

This isn't a dig at the coach or players (what players we have retained) as the issues pre-date them. I just don't see Tennessee capable of fielding a very good team with so many defections and impending sanctions. This program is a real mess right now and it is going to be hard to watch or enjoy them as a fan.
We may be hot garbage this fall but it’s my hot garbage and I love it. Hell yes I’m excited for football season!
GBO!!

I will be taking my eight year old daughter to the games just like my parents took me to games when I was her age. I am pretty excited about that and wouldn't miss it for the world.

This isn't a dig at the coach or players (what players we have retained) as the issues pre-date them. I just don't see Tennessee capable of fielding a very good team with so many defections and impending sanctions. This program is a real mess right now and it is going to be hard to watch or enjoy them as a fan.

Reactions: gnm53108
The Fall Colors are always beautiful in East Tennessee...... Vol football, meh, nothing to see here

Why even start a thread like this? Negative much?

I will be excited to actually listen to a coach speak intelligently.... and about Vol football.
We all screw up our language skills from time to time, some more than others, but, man, the last few seasons my ears burned and my head hurt just trying to listen and understand what was being spoken.
And... I'm really excited the "enemy" is not sitting in the coach's chair. Done that twice... proved it doesn't work.

Reactions: ArdentVol
volbound1700,If you can't enjoy going to and seeing a UT game,don't bother going or following.Fair weather fits you perfectly because if UT isn'twinning every game ,you want to be somewhere else.Therefore,go now and save us diehard vol fans a little less reading chatter.I want a win every game,but,I will follow and cheer all vol football teams; with the hair on my arms standing up as they run thru the "T".Just the way it is.

Yeah, this is also where I’m at. I think we will win the games we are suppose to win and at least score some points in the others.

Heupel deserves a long leash for taking over this dumpster fire. I honestly like the guy and think he can do well in time.
Bingo. Hell if he happens to win the ones he should and maybe steal 1 he shouldnt he'll be a damn hero

Or maybe you have a positive outlook and hope to see growth under a first year head coach.

Reactions: orangebloodforlife

Maybe UT needs to make some adjustment to the game day atmosphere? If the product on the field isn't up to snuff, draw attention elsewhere? Oregon seems to have some good ideas...

This upcoming season reminds me of Dooley’s first season 6-6 and a bowl appearance of course we all know it went completely downhill after that. Bottom line is if Heupel can’t recruit he won’t make it to the 2025 season and just forget about beating Georgia , Bama and Florida and even Kentucky is no longer a guarantee anymore.

So here is the schedule and my predictions.

9/4/2021 Bowling Green: Win - Should be a win but you never know. Bowling Green isn't a bad program. Not an easy opener for a program that is struggling

9/11/2021 Pittsburgh: Likely a loss. Pittsburgh has issues as well so should at least be close game

9/18/2021 Tennessee Tech: Win Even with our issues, this will still be a blowout.

9/25/2021 @ Florida: Loss. I don't expect this to be close.

10/2/2021 @ Missouri: Loss. Missouri got hot the second half of the season.

10/9/2021 South Carolina: Toss-Up. I really cannot predict this one. Both teams have major issues. They are pretty much in the same spot right now. It might come down to luck.

10/16/2021 Ole Miss: Loss. I really hated to write that as I would love to see us take it to Kiffin.

10/23/2021 @ Alabama: Loss. Why do we even play this series anymore? It is an annual beat down every year.

11/06/2021 @ Kentucky: Loss. I don't see us beating them but you never know. Kentucky struggles on offense. This could be a potential upset.

11/13/2021 Georgia: Loss. It won't be close.

11/20/2021 South Alabama: Win. I don't see us losing this one but you never know after we lost at home to Georgia State.

11/27/2021 Vanderbilt: Win. Vandy has far more issues than Tennessee right now. I wouldn't underestimate them but I think Tennessee beats them.

4-7-1. The season will come down to the games against Bowling Green, Pittsburgh, South Carolina, Kentucky, Vandy. If we can beat all 5 of them, Heupel deserves a raise.
Dang let’s just not play. Depressing 😂

Excited? Probably not.

Hopeful for the future? Maybe.

If we’re being honest, our realistic expectations for this season should be very low - and that doesn’t even take into account the NCAA crap. If the NCAA is finally going to grow a spine and slap a program hard, they’ll choose Tennessee as the target.

I hate to say it, but this year is the least I’ve thought about or followed the off season/spring practices or other news since I was in high school in the early 90s. It took a lot of work by our incompetent Athletic Department to build up this fan lethargy.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoVols15
For me, I wouldn't say there is much to be excited about, but intriguing things to watch for nonetheless. I would say the most things I'm interested in is to see how Huepel's offense is and whether he is able to get the best out of Harrison Bailey. The league is becoming more and more offensive, so if we show we have a legitimate offensive coach this should be a huge step in the right direction.

The bar isn't high, so at least there's not much to be disappointed with. Go 6-6, build team chemistry, and get a little momentum on the recruiting trail would be all there is to watch for.

VN Store

Back