So is there anything to even be excited about this fall?

5 wins is the ceiling and that is a stretch. Vols have been so bad for so long, younger fans don't even know what it takes to have a winning program: For anyone to even suggest this team could win as many as 10 games......

--Offense: Very little overall experience. Too many inexperienced and unproven starters on OL and little depth. No PROVEN wide receivers, no PROVEN running backs, New offense which will have growing pains even if the team was overly talented. Biggest problem: NO true starter at QB

--Defense: A huge void of proven talent , depth, and experience. Weak and thin at DL and DB (no proven shutdown corner, lack of overall speed at DB. LInebacking corps is a major problem. No proven talent, NO DEPTH. Will struggle in pass and run defense worse than the Dooley years.

Special Teams: No proven talent, no experience

Other than that, they should be fine. Before anyone shoots the messenger here, name me one player who will be named to any All SEC team.

It seems like the Football program is a train wreck right now.

This isn't a dig at the coach or players (what players we have retained) as the issues pre-date them. I just don't see Tennessee capable of fielding a very good team with so many defections and impending sanctions. This program is a real mess right now and it is going to be hard to watch or enjoy them as a fan.

5 wins is the ceiling and that is a stretch. Vols have been so bad for so long, younger fans don't even know what it takes to have a winning program: For anyone to even suggest this team could win as many as 10 games......

--Offense: Very little overall experience. Too many inexperienced and unproven starters on OL and little depth. No PROVEN wide receivers, no PROVEN running backs, New offense which will have growing pains even if the team was overly talented. Biggest problem: NO true starter at QB

--Defense: A huge void of proven talent , depth, and experience. Weak and thin at DL and DB (no proven shutdown corner, lack of overall speed at DB. LInebacking corps is a major problem. No proven talent, NO DEPTH. Will struggle in pass and run defense worse than the Dooley years.

Special Teams: No proven talent, no experience

Other than that, they should be fine. Before anyone shoots the messenger here, name me one player who will be named to any All SEC team.
2E3A1A1F-0A3A-440F-80B8-3AF53D7BD21F.jpeg

So you can tell me with a serious face that you have enjoyed seeing Tennessee railroaded year in and year out by most of the SEC?
There’s always something interesting to see. But I’ve not watched religiously in years. I’ll still support the kids though, and it should be interesting to see how CJH handles what is, by all measures, a tricky situation.

VN Store

Back