So Glad We Didn’t Hire Mike Leach

Regardless of who got offended right or wrong, he has succeeded in damaging his image in the eyes of the team and fanbase. Most importantly he has most likely damaged his recruiting while trying to build a winning team in the SEC West and brought unwanted attention to Miss State. Not smart in today’s hypersensitive media environment with the ignorant, lying MSM ready to jump on anything they can. I wondered how long it would be before he did something like this. Didn’t have to wait long. Glad UT doesn’t have to deal with his diarrhea of the mouth.
I agree that I’m glad he isn’t our coach. I think his ceiling is already in place.

His twitter feuds are much more concerning. This tweet had a lot more to do with the reaction than the action. Clearly the joke was a wife who was ready to hang herself after being quarantined with her husband. Nothing racial there.

I have to agree with you concerning the joke and I'm far from a Leach fan. However in this current media environment anything that can be extrapolated into some sort of racism, misogyny, or homophobic charge will be made, elevated, and given credibility.

I have to agree with you concerning the joke and I'm far from a Leach fan. However in this current media environment anything that can be extrapolated into some sort of racism, misogyny, or homophobic charge will be made, elevated, and given credibility.

So, in essence you are saying free speech no longer exists. If the “powers that be” find anything you say offensive, you will be censored and punished? That right there is more frightening than any form of speech.

So, in essence you are saying free speech no longer exists. If the “powers that be” find anything you say offensive, you will be censored and punished? That right there is more frightening than any form of speech.
I think the overreaction to this is outrageous, but freedom of speech has NEVER meant you’re free from personal criticism or condemnation. Any private entity has the right to separate themselves from Leach with no violation to free speech

Regardless of who got offended right or wrong, he has succeeded in damaging his image in the eyes of the team and fanbase. Most importantly he has most likely damaged his recruiting while trying to build a winning team in the SEC West and brought unwanted attention to Miss State. Not smart in today’s hypersensitive media environment with the ignorant, lying MSM ready to jump on anything they can. I wondered how long it would be before he did something like this. Didn’t have to wait long. Glad UT doesn’t have to deal with his diarrhea of the mouth.
Is it snowing?? All I'm seeing are snowflakes

Reactions: Manning Up
Again, the biggest issue was his own players took offense. Not verified geniuses on twitter. They were leaving comments expressing their displeasure.
The biggest issue? LOL it was a harmless tweet. Leach can't help it if some kid took it the wrong way. There was nothing offensive about the tweet.

Is it snowing?? All I'm seeing are snowflakes

Those are floaters in your eyes.
Leach used poor judgement in this case and it isn’t the first time nor will it be the last. Most likely his outsized ego drives him to be a gaffe machine. Just saw where we are looking at one of his 6’3” 330lb DT who entered the transfer portal. Shot himself in the foot. Glad Fulmer hired an actual football coach

The biggest issue? LOL it was a harmless tweet. Leach can't help it if some kid took it the wrong way. There was nothing offensive about the tweet.

True. But we live in a world where people are begging to have something to get offended by so they can tell the media "look at me, I need attention"

Only a racist would be upset by that tweet. There are enough real problems without manufacturing more. I guess he learned to drop the humor, he is now in Mississippi, where men and men and sheep are nervous!.

To you it’s not offensive. To others it is. I don’t see how you can’t comprehend the situation. I’m positive theres numerous things that offend you and the person next to you not would give a damn about...

To you it’s not offensive. To others it is. I don’t see how you can’t comprehend the situation. I’m positive theres numerous things that offend you and the person next to you not would give a damn about...

Absolutely everything that is said offends someone somewhere, should we stop communicating? Political correctness is infinite.

Reactions: Boca Vol
We still have free speech no doubt. The issue has always been the consequences one is exposed to if free speech is exercised. In this day and time one has to be cognizant if one's speech or actions can be twisted, parsed, massaged, or even flat out lied about to construe racism, misogyny, or a homophobic bias the media will promote it that way. The real damage is done in that first liar always wins. The Duke Lacrosse team never had their reputations repaired 100% nor the youngster from Kentucky accused by the old fraudulent native American guy of racism in DC. There will always be a few that will never believe the truth of innocence after the lie convicted them in the media originally.

Reactions: 05_never_again
We still have free speech no doubt. The issue has always been the consequences one is exposed to if free speech is exercised. In this day and time one has to be cognizant if one's speech or actions can be twisted, parsed, massaged, or even flat out lied about to construe racism, misogyny, or a homophobic bias the media will promote it that way. The real damage is done in that first liar always wins. The Duke Lacrosse team never had their reputations repaired 100% nor the youngster from Kentucky accused by the old fraudulent native American guy of racism in DC. There will always be a few that will never believe the truth of innocence after the lie convicted them in the media originally.

I would definitely go through the media hit job that the kid from Covington went through to get all of that CNN money headed his way.

VN Store

Back