So Glad We Didn’t Hire Mike Leach

Mike Leach will have a quality first season at Mississippi State. I think the Mississippi State Bulldogs will go 8-4 and go to the Belk Bowl. Mike Leach will always say controversial things it's just what he does.
8-4 is the ceiling. MSU is not beating Alabama, LSU, Auburn or A&M. They get lucky by playing Missouri and KY from East ( No UGA, Florida or Tennessee). To go 8-4 they would have to win at NC St, KY and Ole Miss. Then beat MO at home. I don’t see them winning all of those games. So my guess is 7-5 at best.

Those who want to be offended will always find a reason to be.

True, but if you alienate maybe 80% of your team and some of the coaching staff, what good have you done? Best for someone with his personality to stay off social media completely if he wants to take the next step toward building a great program

True, but if you alienate maybe 80% of your team and some of the coaching staff, what good have you done? Best for someone with his personality to stay off social media completely if he wants to take the next step toward building a great program
Social media is how the younger generation connects these days, even Pruitt has Twitter. Quitting it altogether wouldn’t be a wise move imo

Social media is how the younger generation connects these days, even Pruitt has Twitter. Quitting it altogether wouldn’t be a wise move imo

But Pruitt seems to have some common sense. Not so sure about Leach

Last edited:
People want to be offended these days. He has no track record of being racist, they just want to try to claim the moral high ground for twitter points theses days. The verified geniuses on social media are all on a quest to see who they can vilify the second they decide they want something to be racist. They know it’s not racist, but they dgaf.
Again, the biggest issue was his own players took offense. Not verified geniuses on twitter. They were leaving comments expressing their displeasure.

Reactions: GlockVol
Again, the biggest issue was his own players took offense. Not verified geniuses on twitter. They were leaving comments expressing their displeasure.

I understand that, but who do you think these kids listen to? You get Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharp saying how racist it is because they need filler content for their show and the kids get influenced by SJW’s who tell them every kid should transfer from Miss State or Mike Leach should be fired and it turns into a twitter mob.

Mike Leach is no doubt a weird guy, but that tweet wasn’t racist and everyone knows it wasn’t . If he didn’t have a conversation with the kid that transferred after the tweet to explain that it wasn’t, I blame Leach for not explaining it to him.

I understand that, but who do you think these kids listen to? You get Skip Bayless and Shannon Sharp saying how racist it is because they need filler content for their show and the kids get influenced by SJW’s who tell them every kid should transfer from Miss State or Mike Leach should be fired and it turns into a twitter mob.

Mike Leach is no doubt a weird guy, but that tweet wasn’t racist and everyone knows it wasn’t . If he didn’t have a conversation with the kid that transferred after the tweet to explain that it wasn’t, I blame Leach for not explaining it to him.
According to Skip and Shannon he’s racist because he’s a Trump supporter and should be fired. Ridiculous.

Regardless of who got offended right or wrong, he has succeeded in damaging his image in the eyes of the team and fanbase. Most importantly he has most likely damaged his recruiting while trying to build a winning team in the SEC West and brought unwanted attention to Miss State. Not smart in today’s hypersensitive media environment with the ignorant, lying MSM ready to jump on anything they can. I wondered how long it would be before he did something like this. Didn’t have to wait long. Glad UT doesn’t have to deal with his diarrhea of the mouth.

VN Store

Back