Show of hands who's still a believer in this team

CJP still needs at least two more recruiting classes to compete with Georgia.

If you can't run the ball, you cannot compete in the SEC.

Tennessee can still finish 7-3 this season.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
I agree but I still think bailey is the future of the program. I've said it alot today, were a qb away from beating the likes of UGA. Only thing else that alarmed me other than that was the O line today and you have to start questioning will friend
Agree about this o line and Friend. It's a major reason why I'm beginning to doubt Pruitt, some of the signs are starting to show. Unless they turn this qb situation around and the o line plays lights out. Call me an open minded skeptic. I started out a believer but at some point cream rises to the top.

Reactions: 08Vol
Agree about this o line and Friend. It's a major reason why I'm beginning to doubt Pruitt, some of the signs are starting to show. Unless they turn this qb situation around and the o line plays lights out. Call me an open minded skeptic. I started out a believer but at some point cream rises to the top.
I wouldn't question Pruitt just yet. He could have lost his way out of knoxville after last year's 1-4 start so I know he can coach. I just worry his stubbornness towards JG gets him in trouble.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
its statements like "we need a qb. our line play stinks" that make zero sense. plus, where is the blame on chaney?

I’m in. Anyone freaking out after this loss needs to chill. Best D we will play this year. Straight monsters out there and we were competitive for a lot of the game.

Our limiting factor is the QB. Even he had some great throws today. He also had some bad plays. Welcome to the back half of the top 25.

oh, and JG was the one who got us out of trouble last yr. also, besides Palmer, who is stepping up?

Before this season most people were satisfied at the thought of finishing with 3 losses. It's possible we could finish with 2 . We squeak by USCe and handle a mediocre Mizzou team and suddenly we were expecting to go toe to toe with one of the most loaded teams in cfb. We're closing the gap. I get that everyone is sick of looking silly against UGA , UF , and Bubba , but they didn't just get to where they are overnight and none of them have had a slump and nose dive like we have. We've been trash for a long time and finally teams have to take us seriously. If we can find a way to handle Trask, we could have a real shot at knocking off Florida this year.

We’re no where near ready to compete with the top teams in the SEC, but I do think there been improvement. Georgia was certainly deeper than us talent wise. We still don’t have an answer at QB. Idk what to make of our offensive line though, that’s my biggest concern after this game. There’s no excuse for them to be that bad.
5 trying to block 7, make jg beat them..

Reactions: lexkyvol
Georgia sent more than we could block cuz JG sucks. Hard to win when we don't have a qb that can take advantage of that

Before this season most people were satisfied at the thought of finishing with 3 losses. It's possible we could finish with 2 . We squeak by USCe and handle a mediocre Mizzou team and suddenly we were expecting to go toe to toe with one of the most loaded teams in cfb. We're closing the gap. I get that everyone is sick of looking silly against UGA , UF , and Bubba , but they didn't just get to where they are overnight and none of them have had a slump and nose dive like we have. We've been trash for a long time and finally teams have to take us seriously. If we can find a way to handle Trask, we could have a real shot at knocking off Florida this year.
I don't think the issue is that we lost. I think the issue is that our biggest team strength had their teeth kicked in. That we got curb stomped when we were supposed to fight and lose respectably.

CJP still needs at least two more recruiting classes to compete with Georgia.

If you can't run the ball, you cannot compete in the SEC.

Tennessee can still finish 7-3 this season.

Yep. Maybe in year 5 we can come within 3 touchdowns of the good teams.

who said they did? how can u read with defenders in ur face because ur line isnt blocking.

so many former all-american qbs on vol nation
Every turnover was on him. He's terrible and hasn't made any improvement since he's stepped foot on campus. O line was garbage today but 3 turnovers on JG resulted for 13 points for the dawgs

You do know that Florida was 4-7 a few years ago and were a raging dumpster inferno when Mullen arrived? Plus they were on their 3rd head coach in 4 years with recruiting classes ranked worse than Tennessee's. Getting throughly dominated by every good team we play is beyond old and Pruitt needs to beat one of those three this year. Lane just took Ole Miss's talent and loaded up 48 on Bama. Do you think Tennessee will break 30?

Every turnover was on him. He's terrible and hasn't made any improvement since he's stepped foot on campus. O line was garbage today but 3 turnovers on JG resulted for 13 points for the dawgs
obviously the turnovers, especially fumbles and ints are gonna be charged to him. there were things that he was def ar fault for and things both the oline and chaney did to hinder him

I don't think the issue is that we lost. I think the issue is that our biggest team strength had their teeth kicked in. That we got curb stomped when we were supposed to fight and lose respectably.

I don't think things would have gotten out of hand without the turnovers. That really knocked the wind out of the defense. Even if we punt , we'd have still been in the game.

You do know that Florida was 4-7 a few years ago and were a raging dumpster inferno when Mullen arrived? Plus they were on their 3rd head coach in 4 years with recruiting classes ranked worse than Tennessee's. Getting throughly dominated by every good team we play is beyond old and Pruitt needs to beat one of those three this year. Lane just took Ole Miss's talent and loaded up 48 on Bama. Do you think Tennessee will break 30?

Florida lost to Vandy and Kentucky 1 time each since Regan was president. They've not hit the dirt like we did.

Florida lost to Vandy and Kentucky 1 time each since Regan was president. They've not hit the dirt like we did.

Florida had 2 4 win teams in a 5 year stretch and 3 different coaches in 4 years coming into Mullen. One of the losses in that stretch was to Vanderbilt. Their program had all the turmoil ours did except they managed to bounce back from it and pound us like a drum, even with similar or worse recruiting.

All the things harped on here about why we couldn't compete applied to Florida in 2017.

obviously the turnovers, especially fumbles and ints are gonna be charged to him. there were things that he was def ar fault for and things both the oline and chaney did to hinder him

If HB progresses and Chaney gets time to work with him, I have a feeling his play calling is going to be a lot different.

VN Store

Back