Show of hands who's still a believer in this team

We can have a good season, I think the possibility of 8-2 or 7-3 is still well on the table. Georgia's defense is really, really good. We scored 14 points on them which is more than anyone has.

Reactions: feathersax
You can tell Pruitt is building something real
Maybe, maybe not. We were supposed to see some improvement and while I think our defense represented pretty well the offense was bad. The best group on paper, the o line was the worst position group on the field the rb's weren't much better and the qb was forced into some bad turnovers. The OC had no answers.

I want to look for the positive, maybe the defense holding stout until they are beyond gassed but we need to start closing on the elite. Georgia's offense is not elite but their defense is. I'm just not seeing us close in the elite. Until we do e can't overtake them and that means the status quo.

Reactions: 08Vol
Check any of the big freshman and when they get brought into a game. It’s always well into the season around the 5th or 6th game. That’s just a fact. Now keep in mind Bailey got no spring or fall practice due to Covid and then contact tracing rule. And finally, have some patience. Pruitt is building something real. I haven’t said that since Fulmer left.
Every single year there's a team who starts a freshman, and he does good. I watched one the other night, same lack of practice as everyone, and he looked like a senior.

Earn your millions Jeremy and put a QB in that isn’t a total head case.

That only leaves us wth two, Shrout and HB. JG is what he is and Maurer takes mood medication.

We’re no where near ready to compete with the top teams in the SEC, but I do think there been improvement. Georgia was certainly deeper than us talent wise. We still don’t have an answer at QB. Idk what to make of our offensive line though, that’s my biggest concern after this game. There’s no excuse for them to be that bad.
I thought we competed with uga. We were up 21-17 at the half with momentum. U gotta get the ball out quick against an elite defense. The game was ours but we flopped. I didnt see a talent gap i saw 3 turnovers, 10 penalties, & a ton of mistakes. If u turn the ball over multiple times in your own territory against a top 3 team u are begging to get blown out, idc who u are.

I thought we competed with uga. We were up 21-17 at the half with momentum. U gotta get the ball out quick against an elite defense. The game was ours but we flopped. I didnt see a talent gap i saw 3 turnovers, 10 penalties, & a ton of mistakes. If u turn the ball over multiple times in your own territory against a top 3 team u are begging to get blown out, idc who u are.
I think we're one more class along the D line and obviously a better QB away from beating them

I think they got a shot at beating everyone but the ones we all care about.

Loses to UGA, UF, and Bama in the bag.

aTm will be rough too. This could get ugly.

Someone que Dennis Green’s “they are who we thought they were”.. GIF.

We are a mediocre SEC team. Maybe slightly above average, but not great. Most on this board know this, but it doesn’t numb the sting of a loss.

Maybe, maybe not. We were supposed to see some improvement and while I think our defense represented pretty well the offense was bad. The best group on paper, the o line was the worst position group on the field the rb's weren't much better and the qb was forced into some bad turnovers. The OC had no answers.

I want to look for the positive, maybe the defense holding stout until they are beyond gassed but we need to start closing on the elite. Georgia's offense is not elite but their defense is. I'm just not seeing us close in the elite. Until we do e can't overtake them and that means the status quo.
Gotta stop being so negative and realize the opponent was incredibly talented. I have full faith in Pruitt. There is massive improvement and the past coaches you could tell were just gimmick BS.

Reactions: feathersax
The goal for this season should be to beat the teams we out talent...and 2-2 so far (SC, Mizzou).

If this team can win the remaining three of those games (Ky, Ark and Vandy) and steal one or more against the rest, it will be a good season in the right direction.

First step: bat close to 1.000 against those third tier teams.

Second step: be consistently competitive and win our share against the middle tier (Fla, Aub, aTm).

Third Step: compete against the top tier (Ga, Ala). Today was disappointing because we all thought we were ready for this step. We aren’t, at least not yet.

I am all in on this group of guys. Believe we have 1-2 more losses Max this season.

I genuinely think everyone believes in the team, but they also see the potential and what holds them back, hence seeing the frustration. Not fair to the other players to not try everything possible to spark an offense.

I'm in but I will be in deeper when JG Is not our QB as I can then start believing we may have a chance against the big boys.

My biggest issue is it’s Year 3 and we’re still getting bent over the table and shown the fifty states by every good team, while Lane Kiffin and Sam Pittman have two terrible teams playing big boy football in 3 games.

I did not expect Tennessee to win today. I did expect us to put a respectable product on the field. The game is 60 minutes, not 30, and at the end of the day the final score shows yet another Tennessee football team getting slaughtered by a ranked opponent.

Do I still believe, sure. I really think if JG is going to be the quarterback, which it appears he is, his mindset is going to dictate how far they go. Penalties hurt, turnovers hurt, bad play at other positions hurts, but it seems like JG’s play is our ceiling or floor. If his mind is right, he has the ability to make good throws. He is a serviceable quarterback (see first half). If he gets down, he seems to spiral out of control mentally. At that point, he makes bad decisions, his mechanics get bad, and that usually doesn’t end well (see second half). I haven’t seen him be able to pull the nose up enough for me to trust him to be honest.

We’re no where near ready to compete with the top teams in the SEC, but I do think there been improvement. Georgia was certainly deeper than us talent wise. We still don’t have an answer at QB. Idk what to make of our offensive line though, that’s my biggest concern after this game. There’s no excuse for them to be that bad.
We're talented enough to compete. Talent isn't the problem it's coaching. The good thing about Pruitt is he doesn't care to replace people. I think there is a really good chance we will have a new OC starting next year. Chaney had a ****** game plan today and not running the ball on 3rd and 1 is just unacceptable. He should have his headset took and sent to the bus after the pick. Hopefully next year we see a new OC and a new QB and the wins will start rolling in.

I believe Tennessee will be decent this year.
I believe Tennessee will win quite a few games.

I did believe Tennessee was going to be good this year.....I do not believe that right now.

Don’t get me wrong. I agree this season isn’t over.....but for me at least.....their not where I thought they would be.

They keep making the same mistakes. They continue to not put together a complete game.

I hate it for the players & I hate it for us fans.

VN Store

Back