Show of hands who's still a believer in this team

If Pruitt was capable of making changes I might believe. Start with these: JG, WF, JC. Also waiting to see that defensive genius surface.

Reactions: 08Vol
I am. Alabama and Georgia are head and shoulders above the rest of the conference. We’re still looking at 8-2 or 7-3.
We still have A&M, Florida, Bama, and Auburn. Four games we can easily lose and from what I've seen I'm not convinced we're better than any of them. I'm not even convinced we're better than Arkansas at this point.

We’re no where near ready to compete with the top teams in the SEC, but I do think there been improvement. Georgia was certainly deeper than us talent wise. We still don’t have an answer at QB. Idk what to make of our offensive line though, that’s my biggest concern after this game. There’s no excuse for them to be that bad.

We still have A&M, Florida, Bama, and Auburn. Four games we can easily lose and from what I've seen I'm not convinced we're better than any of them. I'm not even convinced we're better than Arkansas at this point.
I have watched a lot of SEC games this year and do not fear either A&M, UF, or AUB. I don't predict we defeat BAMA, but I think we have a chance if we catch breaks and cause some more.
We had a chance today, but the offense got creamed after halftime and hung the defense out for a long time on the field. UGA defense is very impressive. It was hard to prove until today. AUB was not as good as thought, and we are pretty good, and they pushed our OLine after half.

Pruitt is inept and if you're too dense to see that then guess it's fine to be happy about the liberty/music city bowl every season
Jeez butch, do you ever get tired of this bull?
Brick by brick i guess you think you'll get everyone thinking like you huh??

Me. We can play ball. 5-5 was the expectation. Maybe 6-4. At this point I'm feeling 7-3 is maybe even in reach...

I haven't seen a fire pruitt post yet. He knows he is safe no matter what. That is obvious.
He is safe for at least this season and the next. Probably the one after that too. But I think it is safe to say that he is the person who has to take responsibility for what was by any measure a very disappointing effort and result on the field today. This is not Tennessee Football. We should Not still be this ineffective on offense, even against a top 3 team.

We’re no where near ready to compete with the top teams in the SEC, but I do think there been improvement. Georgia was certainly deeper than us talent wise. We still don’t have an answer at QB. Idk what to make of our offensive line though, that’s my biggest concern after this game. There’s no excuse for them to be that bad.
It’s the penalties which is as frustrating as anything. It put us in bad down and yardage position almost every drive.

This team has a ton of young players contributing in big ways right now. No reason to believe they won’t get better. We’re still one dimensional on offense hell almost no dimensional but the defense shows signs of being just plain damn nasty once some of these guys develop.
If you're talking about later in the year yes. If you're talking about next year maybe if the seniors decide to come back. The Defense is senior heavy we will be worse next year not better if they dont.

I still believe we are a 6-4 team in danger of losing recruiting momentum. Need to show these kids a QB...

He is safe for at least this season and the next. Probably the one after that too. But I think it is safe to say that he is the person who has to take responsibility for what was by any measure a very disappointing effort and result on the field today. This is not Tennessee Football. We should Not still be this ineffective on offense, even against a top 3 team.
Yes, we need to fire Chaney. He abandons the run to easy. After the 3rd and 1's where he elected to pass instead of running behind his massive line he should have been removed and sent to the bus and told to pack his **** after the plane lands.

If we don't believe in them why on earth would they. We still can have a great season. Go orange! Put me down as a big YES!
I believe this is a good team with Average coaching. They should beat the teams that they are better than. But they will not challenge Alabama or probably Florida for more than a half.

And I think that's why Pruitt hasn't played him yet. Had he gotten the chance to play spring ball, it might be a different story
I'm not sure I buy that though. The odds against a freshmen qb being ready aren't great. A lot of really good prospects have been ruined that way. And a lot of really good qb's got their start that way. It's impossible to know for sure.

And either of those records would be an outstanding year based on preseason expectations.
man screw Preseason expectations! We beat those dudes down in the 1st half. Stuffed them before the half.
And then our QB has a case of PTSD in the 2nd half.
To make it worse...our coach doesn't make an obvious change we he needed.
We pretty much gave them 20 points due to turnovers.

That game should have come down to the last 5 minutes. With a competent QB we win or lose by one score.
And I believe we have 2 Qbs on the roster that can do that. Neither played today...

Pruitt and the team were elated going into halftime. Then back to back (almost 3 straight) turnovers by the QB sent the game sideways.

It’s not just the fact that JG is limited, it’s that he isn’t a leader. He doesn’t improve the players around him. It’s hard for the leader of your offense to be your LG. Last two years, Jennings was indisputably the man.

I'm not sure I buy that though. The odds against a freshmen qb being ready aren't great. A lot of really good prospects have been ruined that way. And a lot of really good qb's got their start that way. It's impossible to know for sure.
I agree but I still think bailey is the future of the program. I've said it alot today, were a qb away from beating the likes of UGA. Only thing else that alarmed me other than that was the O line today and you have to start questioning will friend

VN Store

Back