Should U.S. Swap ‘Merchant of Death’ for Brittney Griner?

The idiot in chief is being an idiot again and fast and loose with terminology. She was indicted and pled guilty. She said she did it. Thus she is subject to their judicial system. People can debate the length of the sentence but she is being lawfully detained according to their Justice system. Play stupid games win stupid prizes in practice

A guilty plea over there isn’t the same as in our justice system. Here it seems like some can just say “my bad” and get off if they have the right prosecutor.

But she’s an idiot none-the-less. Maybe she should have supplemented her WNBA salary in a country with a more stable political system without that level of corruption.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
What an unbelievable standard you hold Lebron to. Because he's not willing to forfeit his salary for women's equal pay, he's discredited as someone who cares about others in any way?

You guys can't give 2 ***** about human suffering but judge the people who are giving a **** because they aren't perfect (and because they don't express the right amount of care for all human suffering). Maybe you're not Christian, but this isn't Christian behavior. Where would Christ be standing on this one?
I’ve seen worse cases of suffering at Walmart

Is that why you lack empathy?
You might just consider that it is hard for a lot of us to be empathetic to someone who has shown a lot of disdain for this country, but has been enriched by it's very nature. If we send some help to extricate her via the legal process, fine, but trading an arms dealer for her is just more 'celebrity privilege'.

The OTHER American Woman Jailed in Russia: Colorado Teacher, 46, has been locked up for Eight Months in the same jail as Brittney Griner after a bust-up with her abusive local boyfriend - but unlike the WNBA star, no one is rushing to bring her home

While Brittney Griner's Russian incarceration dominates headlines, another American woman is sitting behind bars in the same jail waiting for the world to take the same - or at least some - interest in her case.

Sarah Krivanek, also known as Sarah Rae Burns and Sarah Duncan, is a 46-year-old teacher and mother from Colorado who has been behind bars in Moscow since last year, when she was arrested for assaulting her abusive, drunk Russian boyfriend Mikhail Karavaev.

He had beaten her up in a drunken rage and she retaliated by cutting him in the nose. Russian media states that she tried to slice it off, but she insists it was nothing more than a scratch.

The boyfriend has tried to retract his police claim but Sarah remains incarcerated. Her friends are now pleading for the White House to take notice in her case, which remains unresolved.

61111247-11085077-image-a-1_1659728412208.jpg

Sarah Krivanek, also known as Sarah Rae Burns and Sarah Duncan, is a 46-year-old teacher and mother from Colorado who has been behind bars in Moscow since last year

The OTHER American woman jailed in Russia who you've never heard of | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Somebody was asking if this is a normal punishment. Looks like the law is specifically written to put the screws to foreigners.

1659751701408.png

Somebody was asking if this is a normal punishment. Looks like the law is specifically written to put the screws to foreigners.

View attachment 478077

So what? You know how to easily avoid going to prison in a foreign country? How about don’t carry illegal drugs with you? Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Hash oil is a manufactured substance and carries a much harsher sentence than just having a gram of flower. Not usually 9 years granted, but in many states it is a class IV felony (up to 2 years) just for simple possession of any amount, over a gram can be up to 10 years depending on the state. The laws are stupidly punitive and treat it the same as crack and heroin. The point of my comment was if Griner was a man from the inner city she would rot in jail in the U.S. and have a felony on record. She made some very bad decisions that placed her in this position, the first of which was going to Russia at all.

^^^^^ several accurate and important factors here. Good post.

Was her sentence harsh? Yes.

I will add another factor:

She has been convicted of lesser crimes in the past and therefore this is not her 1st offense. That means harsher sentence in the US as well for the same crime...and removes the pretrial plea to probation that 1st offenders get in many cases. Looking at jailtime.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Just in general. I want our gov to do for her what they would if it was any American. Nothing more, nothing less.

Why people feel any way BUT this way ^^^^ I have no idea.

BtW...the answer is absolutely nothing. That is what the US would do for anyone else. There is a missionary family man that will die in prison there for less ....Biden does not care. Also a Dr. I believe serving 14 years for a medicine bottle with medical weed from California .....whats Biden gonna do,? He too will likely die in prison

OK. If that's what you need to think, so be it.

For the record though, there's a different definition for "bother" than for "willing to discuss". One particular hint would be phrases such as "really rubs me the wrong way", and "doesn't bother me".

But whatever helps you have a good day and get rubbed the right way, I'll be in favor of.

Take care.

Are you really Dr. Rosen renamed? I may have mistaken you for a friend OC who is a preacher. My apologies if so.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Would he have?

If you want to Huff, look up the word "sober" in a Bible concordance and see how many times God/Jesus tell us to be sober minded

When one smokes weed, or THC. They are clearly not sober. That is not rationally debatable. Jesus being portrayed as a hippie, who cares only about "love and peace and smoking dope " is a modern perversion. When Christ saw money changers and others doing business in Gods temple....he threw all their tables over and beat and whipped the men there. Several men. By Himself. Jesus/God are Love...but they do not tolerate sin and disobedience. Just like good parents.

The same "sober" references logically disallow drinking alcohol to a point of getting "buzzed" or drunk..there are even more specific verses about that. Yet many Catholics and priests choose to ignore those parts..
Which is about number 38 down the list of things Catholics believe which are not in line with the Bible , but I digress.

These are my interpretation, although i believe reading a KJV Bible about the aforementioned things makes them obvious. My opinions on the CC are just my opinion... and I am a sinner with issues of my own. I do think folks would be wise to truly study the Bible especially the NT if they want to know Jesus and what He said or did. It is all there in the Book bro. May God forgive all of us, please, though we surely do not deserve it. I certainly do not.

The OTHER American Woman Jailed in Russia: Colorado Teacher, 46, has been locked up for Eight Months in the same jail as Brittney Griner after a bust-up with her abusive local boyfriend - but unlike the WNBA star, no one is rushing to bring her home

While Brittney Griner's Russian incarceration dominates headlines, another American woman is sitting behind bars in the same jail waiting for the world to take the same - or at least some - interest in her case.

Sarah Krivanek, also known as Sarah Rae Burns and Sarah Duncan, is a 46-year-old teacher and mother from Colorado who has been behind bars in Moscow since last year, when she was arrested for assaulting her abusive, drunk Russian boyfriend Mikhail Karavaev.

He had beaten her up in a drunken rage and she retaliated by cutting him in the nose. Russian media states that she tried to slice it off, but she insists it was nothing more than a scratch.

The boyfriend has tried to retract his police claim but Sarah remains incarcerated. Her friends are now pleading for the White House to take notice in her case, which remains unresolved.

61111247-11085077-image-a-1_1659728412208.jpg

Sarah Krivanek, also known as Sarah Rae Burns and Sarah Duncan, is a 46-year-old teacher and mother from Colorado who has been behind bars in Moscow since last year

The OTHER American woman jailed in Russia who you've never heard of | Daily Mail Online
Per the left support here, sympathy only arrived when Griner was locked up. Those criminals who can’t provide background entertainment knew what they were doing when they broke the laws.

Reactions: Orangeburst

VN Store

Back