Seriously, what's the point?

Perhaps VN could just merge all the 'true fan' threads.

This one was so well-written, I doubt any more will be needed.

Then blame the last two coaches.. CDD is getting us out of the ditch they put us in.. Wake up! Do u not understand how to read rosters and compare? It's not that hard to understand why we have been where we've been.. If next year we see similar results, then we can question our head coach. Even though he really needs another year because we will have such a small senior class, thanks to kiffin.. But give our coach a freakin break.. He's in the process of cleaning up the most horrible mess of a roster weve had since I've been alive.. And that is not his fault! If anything, u have to be very happy with the talent he's signed since he's been here.. It's crazy we can still get these guys..

Reactions: 3 people
I mean come on..

What is the point of being a fan of this great university if you are always unhappy with what is going on? I don't understand the people that all they do is ***** and moan, and complain and criticize. If there it bothers you that much, get a new hobby.

And before someone says this is a "true fan" argument, it's not. I'm just tired of coming here to have a logical discussion about the football program and all I see is unsupported, unproven, negative rumors being plastered everywhere as facts.

I guess in the end there is no way you guys will go away until we started winning again and you'll claim to have been fans all along. But at least I can use this thread to populate my ignore list.

/rant

I want to agree with your post wholeheartedly on a purely logical basis.

Unfortunately, you have Sebastian Vettel as your avatar, which means you like Formula 1, and thus hate Freedom.

Find yourself a fat, hairy American winning machine who pisses excellence to be your avatar. Until then, I fear you are just pissing in the wind on this board.

:hi:

I mean come on..

What is the point of being a fan of this great university if you are always unhappy with what is going on? I don't understand the people that all they do is ***** and moan, and complain and criticize. If there it bothers you that much, get a new hobby.

And before someone says this is a "true fan" argument, it's not. I'm just tired of coming here to have a logical discussion about the football program and all I see is unsupported, unproven, negative rumors being plastered everywhere as facts.

I guess in the end there is no way you guys will go away until we started winning again and you'll claim to have been fans all along. But at least I can use this thread to populate my ignore list.

/rant

Complaining about the complaining is the answer. So sayeth the Lord.

I miss the days where eric would post a thread about this thread. Somehow another thread would be created from that as well.

Give Dooley a chance. He is the right man for the job. He should have more sucess this year b/c we got more talent in now. Lets hope for a great year. GBO

Reactions: 1 person
Then blame the last two coaches.. CDD is getting us out of the ditch they put us in.. Wake up! Do u not understand how to read rosters and compare? It's not that hard to understand why we have been where we've been.. If next year we see similar results, then we can question our head coach. Even though he really needs another year because we will have such a small senior class, thanks to kiffin.. But give our coach a freakin break.. He's in the process of cleaning up the most horrible mess of a roster weve had since I've been alive.. And that is not his fault! If anything, u have to be very happy with the talent he's signed since he's been here.. It's crazy we can still get these guys..

Im glad someone other than me understands the situation we are in. Thank you for the comment

Reactions: 2 people

I agree on all of this but the blame game. Whats done is done. Can't turn back the clock. CDD deserves some criticism for last season, but that too, is done. It's time to move forward, support our Vols and our coaches. I for one am extremely excited about our team, the coaches and next year's outlook. People need to understand that Coach Dooley is our coach until the UT powers that be decide differently. Either accept him and quit whining, or move on. It's called a choice. Pretty simple.

EDIT - this was not directed at you ACvol3 - you're one of the good guys.

Originally Posted by Volsfaninva917
Beef since we somewhat share the same opinion of the current state of the program let me ask you some questions. Dooleys supporters after the uk loss claimed we had to keep him to maintain stability in the program then we lose 7 assistants to lateral moves in a matter of a month. Is that stability? Then there were those who said we had to keep him to save this recruiting class we had a bunch of jucos coming etc now answer this honestly will this class finish in the top 25? Unless something drastic happens vandy will be ranked higher by most recruiting services

What 7 assistants left for lateral positions in one month?
Your obsessed with me aren't you? Should I expect something special for valentines day?

One thing I have found to be true in my 50 years of living on this earth is: you cannot devote your time and effort to those who whine and complain.

A whiner will look for anything to **tch moan and cry about because they seek attention

A complainer will jump on anything negative because nothing is ever good enough for them and it doesn't meet their approval

Dooley is a career loser. Fact.

Didn't you say that about Kiffin as well ????????????????

Who amongst us wouldn't be a career loser at Lauisiana Tech and at Tennessee with what was left after the Fulmer to Kiffin to Dools disaster.

Bet you were down on Saban his first year at Bama.

What are you going to complain about when the product on the field dramatically improves this year?

Dooley is a career loser. Fact.

These are the same people who hail the "great job" that Brady Hoke has done at Michigan and claim that we should go after him. Yet, if they would do a little research, they would find that Hoke had a poor record in his prior stops (so did a coach named Majors at Iowa State as another example).

Nevertheless, this will be the make or break year for one Derek Dooley. We will know after this season whether he has what it takes to coach at this level. I am excited to watch this team play because, like it or not, Dooley has had to build the roster. What he inherited was nowhere near what you have to have to compete in the SEC, but he finally has a full roster of quality players.

Name calling is done in grade school not adulthood. If we want our team to play like men, then let's behave like mature adults in actions and speech. Some of you would not want to be addressed the way that the HC and other staff are spoken of. The staff labors every day to bring this program back to winning days. It will happen. This year will be better!

this

i reckon we could have a team of 5 and 4* studs, with a miracle worker as coach winning every game, but there would still be some who would moan because we could do better somehow.

One thing I have found to be true in my 50 years of living on this earth is: you cannot devote your time and effort to those who whine and complain.

A whiner will look for anything to **tch moan and cry about because they seek attention

A complainer will jump on anything negative because nothing is ever good enough for them and it doesn't meet their approval

This is 100% fact

Reactions: 2 people
A lot of folks jumped on the Dooley bandwagon too early, me included. I should've waited to see how he'd perform under pressure but I couldn't help myself. I guess that's just my negative nature. Really, some of ya'll need to get over yourselves. The only way this debate ends is when Dooley wins the SEC or we get a new head coach. I'm 99% certain of which event will happen first.

A lot of folks jumped on the Dooley bandwagon too early, me included. I should've waited to see how he'd perform under pressure but I couldn't help myself. I guess that's just my negative nature. Really, some of ya'll need to get over yourselves. The only way this debate ends is when Dooley wins the SEC or we get a new head coach. I'm 99% certain of which event will happen first.

im not a volnation guru but i bet your wrong...and my deer has a bigger set than your horse

VN Store

Back