Seriously, what's the point?

We will know after this season whether he has what it takes to coach at this level.

Wrong. I along with other people on this board know he can't. Don't lump us in with the half wits on here that are still in observation mode in regards to Dooley.

What are you going to complain about when the product on the field dramatically improves this year?

Unless he wins the division, a lot. He finished LAST in a horrible SEC East, it should dramatically improve. That doesn't say he is a great coach though, it just says he has a pulse.

Wrong. I along with other people on this board know he can't. Don't lump us in with the half wits on here that are still in observation mode in regards to Dooley.

You poor guys, ya'll must be suffering terribly from that knowledge. In interest to your mental health, maybe should set out this next year.

Reactions: 1 person
I mean come on..

What is the point of being a fan of this great university if you are always unhappy with what is going on? I don't understand the people that all they do is ***** and moan, and complain and criticize. If there it bothers you that much, get a new hobby.

And before someone says this is a "true fan" argument, it's not. I'm just tired of coming here to have a logical discussion about the football program and all I see is unsupported, unproven, negative rumors being plastered everywhere as facts.

I guess in the end there is no way you guys will go away until we started winning again and you'll claim to have been fans all along. But at least I can use this thread to populate my ignore list.

/rant

If you're comming here to always see positive, logical discussions you're dreaming. Personally, I prefer to read and write about anything Tennessee whether it's good, bad and/or ugly. If I don't like a particular thread ... I'll stop reading it. Wow, what a relevation.

So to protect yourself from folks like me, I suggest you add me to your ignore list. Theoretically, if you are diligent in you use of the ignore feature, eventually you'll be able to read only the postings you prefer. Of course, the vast majority of them will be +1, this, GBO, BOOM and other insightful posts from the other eleven posters who will be left. Good luck ...

Unless he wins the division, a lot. He finished LAST in a horrible SEC East, it should dramatically improve. That doesn't say he is a great coach though, it just says he has a pulse.

Must be tough living life as you. I honestly feel pity for you, poor thing. Bless your heart!

I agree but,without some *****ing and moaning we could still be stuck with a failing Phil Fulmer.

I just don't understand this mentality. Fulmer was fired eight games after going to the SECCG (and playing well against the eventual NC) and winning 10 games.

Since then UT has won only 18 games in three years, has had the first consecutive losing seasons in two generations, finished last in the division last year. Now, it seems that most fans are hopeful for 8 wins this year. That is not something to be excited about.

Fulmer probably would be replaced by now regardless, but the way it was done devastated the football program. You just can't fire one of the two coaches to win a NC at a program right before a game and expect good results. It does not bode well to potential coaching candidates. Moreover, Kiffin devastated the team with attrition especially with OL. Dooley has recruited well enough to have a roaster, but his classes are on the decline. This is a critical year. For the program to have a bright future there will need to be an upset this coming year.

I'm sorry that some are upset by "negative" fans, but 1-7 SEC record is negative. 4-4 SEC record is not too exciting, and if several players leave early, then the following year will again be a building year. Many of us enjoyed going to Atlanta every third year, and now we don't see that on the horizon. 8 wins just don't sound that good especially when that would be the best record in five years.

If you think the idiots that come on here and b**** and complain about our program caused Phil to lose his job then you are dilusional.

You're so strong and manly for standing up against mediocrity. What would Volnation do without you?

Oh look, another protector of the humbled masses. Thank you sir for your service to the Volnation, not.

Why is the new guy so mad? Is he an internet tough guy?

Thats because they are in their parents basements

They kicked me out because I wasn't a true fan. :)

Seriously though, it would be better for everyone if Dooley is the guy for the job but I just can't bring myself to believe that at this point. I have and always will be a fan of UT but I can't let my love for the program blind me from forming an objective opinion. The fact that he has never beaten anyone of consequence in his career and that half of his staff left for lateral jobs tells me that there may be a problem.

I think it is funny that you are calling me out for getting worked up while you are defending those that get worked up and post negative comments.
I think everyone has the right to say almost anything they want. It's just a message board, I'm not going to get all worked up over it.

I also think it is funny that we are arguing over a thread that was started around 18 hours ago and thus 99.99% of everyone else has moved on. :)

Damn you vn mobile and the lack of multi quote!

I do agree with those of you who said we would be stuck with Fulmer with the lack of fans/boosters who spoke out with their displeasure for the product on the field. But it's been two years with a young, inexperienced and thinly stretched team depth wise in the toughest conference in America! I'm pretty sure the only coach in the world who could've done anything with that is saban.

As for the "Dooley is a career loser". Granted so far he has a losing record, but that is at a bottom feeder program that was destroyed with injuries his last year and this team which I spoke about above. That doesn't mean he will always have losing or underachieving teams. Scratch UK we have not loss to a single team we shouldn't have.

And if giving Dooley a chance to prove he can be successful before calling for his hea makes me a true fan. I am glad to say I am. Because I deeply value logic.

I like it! We are on the same page!

VN Store

Back