Seriously, what's the point?

zach0105

cool as a cucumber
I mean come on..

What is the point of being a fan of this great university if you are always unhappy with what is going on? I don't understand the people that all they do is ***** and moan, and complain and criticize. If there it bothers you that much, get a new hobby.

And before someone says this is a "true fan" argument, it's not. I'm just tired of coming here to have a logical discussion about the football program and all I see is unsupported, unproven, negative rumors being plastered everywhere as facts.

I guess in the end there is no way you guys will go away until we started winning again and you'll claim to have been fans all along. But at least I can use this thread to populate my ignore list.

/rant

Reactions: 33 people
I agree but,without some *****ing and moaning we could still be stuck with a failing Phil Fulmer.

Reactions: 3 people
U can put me on ignore because I'm not happy with our recent losing seasons .. I am hopeful a turnaround is coming

Zach - ever hear of a squeaking wheel? Fulmer knows what it means. Dooley does too after losing to UK ugly along with breaking a 100+ year streak of not having losing seasons two years in a row. Without the whine and cries of anguish the UTAD would keep taking the money without delivering the product. This is a forum for that along with those that believe you should never question authority. Hence VN's bipolar disorder diagnosis.

Reactions: 1 person
Damn you vn mobile and the lack of multi quote!

I do agree with those of you who said we would be stuck with Fulmer with the lack of fans/boosters who spoke out with their displeasure for the product on the field. But it's been two years with a young, inexperienced and thinly stretched team depth wise in the toughest conference in America! I'm pretty sure the only coach in the world who could've done anything with that is saban.

As for the "Dooley is a career loser". Granted so far he has a losing record, but that is at a bottom feeder program that was destroyed with injuries his last year and this team which I spoke about above. That doesn't mean he will always have losing or underachieving teams. Scratch UK we have not loss to a single team we shouldn't have.

And if giving Dooley a chance to prove he can be successful before calling for his hea makes me a true fan. I am glad to say I am. Because I deeply value logic.

Dooley is a career loser. Fact.

You tell me what coach could have took over after Fulmer and Kiffin left this place in the mess it was in. NOBODY wanted the Tennessee job. How many time we have to do this???? What are you going to grip about this year when Dooley and the Vols win 8 or 9 games?

Reactions: 2 people
You tell me what coach could have took over after Fulmer and Kiffin left this place in the mess it was in. NOBODY wanted the Tennessee job. How many time we have to do this???? What are you going to grip about this year when Dooley and the Vols win 8 or 9 games?

For 4 or 5 million you show me a list of coaches who would not have taken the job. Argument is exaggerated greatly. Dooley was not literally the only person who would take the job. If we win 7 games this season and beat a crap team in a bowl then I'll still be saying wrong coach...so...

For that kinda money - yeah Dooley was one of the only guys who would take the job... but throw 5 million at someone respectable and they would have come.

I mean come on..

What is the point of being a fan of this great university if you are always unhappy with what is going on? I don't understand the people that all they do is ***** and moan, and complain and criticize. If there it bothers you that much, get a new hobby.

And before someone says this is a "true fan" argument, it's not. I'm just tired of coming here to have a logical discussion about the football program and all I see is unsupported, unproven, negative rumors being plastered everywhere as facts.

I guess in the end there is no way you guys will go away until we started winning again and you'll claim to have been fans all along. But at least I can use this thread to populate my ignore list.

/rant

Negavol! Thanks we just lost our hold on the 2013 class

I never cease to be amazed at how many people think that famous great coaches are just standing in line to coach at Tennessee. When we hired Dooley, I suppose dozens were heartbroken that we passed them by. I don’t know whether they were more enamored with the talent we had waiting for them, the pin point timing of such an awesome opportunity, or the supportive fan base that never has a discouraging word to say about their coach and their team.

Some folk need to do their share to help build up the program with their support rather than keep chopping away at every turn. No one has mentioned how few players have been thrown in jail lately. Undeniably, Dooley has done well with recruiting since he’s been here and selling Tennessee rather than the coaching staff. Given the injuries that we had last year, and considering our lack of experienced depth to fill in, it really makes a person look ignorant that criticizes the overall job Dooley did last year.

I'm just glad I don't hang with some of these people in real life. Its football. Life throws enough real crap my way. I'm not gonna make myself and others miserable over something I can't control.

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people
I'm just glad I don't hang with some of these people in real life. Its football. Life throws enough real crap my way. I'm not gonna make myself and others miserable over something I can't control.

GO VOLS!

Thats because they are in their parents basements

VN Store

Back