SEC Tournament Seeding

I think you and I are among the few who really care about regular season SEC titles

I prefer the SEC regular season title to the tournament title. It's much harder to achieve and much more impressive. The SEC champion is the winner of the regular season. The SEC also has an SEC tournament championship trophy that is completely separate.

I do value the NCAA T above the regular season. The entire point of the regular season is to best position yourself to get into and advance in the NCAA tournament.

Reactions: Big time vol
Obviously a SECT championship would be fun, but a regular season chip is more impressive IMO. Tournaments are very luck based IMO.

Reactions: The Dog
Obviously a SECT championship would be fun, but a regular season chip is more impressive IMO. Tournaments are very luck based IMO.
I even consider regular season titles up there with tournament success. The tourney obviously matters when crowing a champion, but in determining who the best teams are, regular season titles do that for me. A regular season title in one of if not the best conference in the country is a huge accomplishment

I'd like to see Arkansas smack LSU tonight. Florida and South Carolina are currently the #6 and #7 seeds in the SEC tournament, so another LSU loss would go far in helping us avoid having to play them since it feels like a #2/#3 seed is most likely. I'd much rather face Florida or USC Jr. in round one.

Completely off topic but, does anyone know why Florida State is wearing blue uniforms tonight?
Super weird!
GBO!!

I'd like to see Arkansas smack LSU tonight. Florida and South Carolina are currently the #6 and #7 seeds in the SEC tournament, so another LSU loss would go far in helping us avoid having to play them since it feels like a #2/#3 seed is most likely. I'd much rather face Florida or USC Jr. in round one.

I’d kind of like Arkansas be eliminated from the SEC title.

Completely off topic but, does anyone know why Florida State is wearing blue uniforms tonight?
Super weird!
GBO!!

Tar Heel envy.

SEMINOLES TO HONOR NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE AGAINST NOTRE DAME
The Florida State men’s basketball team will continue its tradition and wear its special turquoise Nike N7 uniforms in Wednesday’s game against Notre Dame to raise awareness for bringing sport to Native American and Aboriginal youth. It marks the 20th time (and third time this season) the Seminoles will wear the special uniforms.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Of course. I’m suggesting taking away some of their motivation.

I get that. I think I'd rather roll the dice with their motivation and take the guarantee we won't play LSU in the first round. Although....I guess if Auburn were to lose one more and we get the one-seed we might have to do that anyway if LSU is the 8/9, lol.

I get that. I think I'd rather roll the dice with their motivation and take the guarantee we won't play LSU in the first round. Although....I guess if Auburn were to lose one more and we get the one-seed we might have to do that anyway if LSU is the 8/9, lol.

I’m not paying attention to the other seeds yet. Too many possibilities for me to keep up with. I’m not too concerned about LSU though. Aidoo adds a twist they’ve not seen.

CE5A9A3B-0FE4-4CF0-90AA-A38FD104A03C.jpegAs of today before the completion of tonight’s games. I think the 2 seed has a better draw than the 1 seed in this case.

Reactions: walkenvol
I think you and I are among the few who really care about regular season SEC titles
I put more stock in the regular season over an 18 game conference schedule as opposed to going on a 3 game winning streak to win a tournament. Winning a regular season SEC Championship is much more impressive.

View attachment 436803As of today before the completion of tonight’s games. I think the 2 seed has a better draw than the 1 seed in this case.

Our side of the bracket in this scenario is much easier, IMO. Kentucky might be the best team in the SEC when healthy, but avoiding Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, and Auburn would be almost too good to be true.

Tonight want:
LSU over Ark (wouldn’t matter if TN were to beat Ark)
Miss State over Auburn

Saturday:
TN over Arkansas
FL over KY
USC over Auburn
======================================
TN v KY (1-1)
TN v Ark (0-1) 1 game remaining
TN v Aub (1-0)
KY v Aub (0-1)
KY v Ark (0-1)
Ark v Aub (1-0)
——————————————————————
2-way tie breakers:
Ark > Aub
Ark > KY
Aub > KY
TN > KY
TN > Aub
TN or Ark (tbd, either Ark or tie)
——————————————————————
3-way tie breaker:
TN: 2-1
Aub: 1-1
KY: 1-2
=====================================
#5 is a log jam of Bama (9-8), USC (9-8), FL (9-8), LSU (8-8), MS St (8-8), Vandy (6-11), TX AM (8-9)
=====================================
1). Aub (13-3) at MS St, USC
2). TN (13-4) Ark
2). KY (13-4) at FL
4). Ark (12-4) LSU, at TN

5). Bama (9-8) at LSU
5). USC (9-8) at Auburn
5). Florida (9-8) KY
8). LSU (8-8) at Arkansas, Bama
8). Miss State (8-8) Auburn, at TX AM
10). TX AM (8-9) Miss State

11). Vandy (6-11) at Ole Miss
12). Missouri (4-13) Georgia
12). Ole Miss (4-13) Vandy
14). Georgia (1-16) at Missouri

Midweek:
LSU at Ark (3/2) 9pm, ESPN2
Aub at Miss State (3/2) 9pm, SECNW

Saturday (3/5)
USC at Auburn 1pm, SECNW
KY at Florida 2pm, CBS
Arkansas at TN 12pm, ESPN
Bama @ LSU 12pm, CBS
Georgia @ Missouri
Vandy @ Mississippi
Miss State @ TX AM

11 v 14 (Vandy v GA)
12 v 13 (Ole Miss v Missouri)

5 v 12/13
6 v 11/14
7 v 10
8 v 9

1 v 8/9
2 v 7/10
3 v 6/11/14
4 v 5/12/13

Our side of the bracket in this scenario is much easier, IMO. Kentucky might be the best team in the SEC when healthy, but avoiding Alabama, Arkansas, LSU, and Auburn would be almost too good to be true.
If I knew that would be the draw if we were the 2 seed, I’d be cheering for Auburn tonight.

I even consider regular season titles up there with tournament success. The tourney obviously matters when crowing a champion, but in determining who the best teams are, regular season titles do that for me. A regular season title in one of if not the best conference in the country is a huge accomplishment
Well looks like Auburn is winning the SEC outright, shouldn’t have gotten my hopes up. Miss state is playing awful, missing layups, missing free throws, auburn shooting lights out

Well looks like Auburn is winning the SEC outright, shouldn’t have gotten my hopes up. Miss state is playing awful, missing layups, missing free throws, auburn shooting lights out
Might not be a bad thing with us being at the 2. Could end up with a better draw if we win Saturday.

Reactions: Willy14
They still have another game, Saturday.

VN Store

Back