$250,000 fine on Tennessee

• Too high

• Too low

• About right

Results are only viewable after voting.
Kentucky rushes field = $250K
Texas A&M rushes field = $100K (???)
Tennessee throws things on field = $250K

SEC is a trashbag conference and Sankey is a dumbass.
Post game rushing the field doesn't disrupt the TV broadcast of SEC games.

Follow the money. The SEC likes the TV money and it's huge. When fans disrupt an unfinished game for 30 minutes, it's a nightmare for the broadcaster to know when it ends, will it get worse, will the game be stopped again by the angry fans, etc.

When fans rush the field after a game, who cares..... start your post game and blah blah blah.

Follow the money.

Reactions: FlVols
Go with me a minute for chits n grins: so the fine is $250k. What if for the sake of argument that UT was a serious contender to be in the playoffs & the strip fumble touchdown / no touchdown ended up costing us the game thus eliminating our chances from the playoffs. Obviously we’d loose a lot more than $250k as a result. So if we’re all in this together…. and being good boys n girls, what happens next? Can we put out a PC statement demanding cash as a result of getting bent over?

If we were a playoff contender the strip fumble would have counted and we probably get the spot at the end of the game.

Reactions: hog88 and FlVols
About what I expected. They are fining schools $250k for fans rushing the field. I guess this kind of falls into that realm. Don’t agree with it, but what I expected.

We shouldn't have been fined at all really. People are acting like this is the first time something like this has happened and that it only happens here.

To solve the problem,the SEC paid each.college.around 65 million dollars.for the bowl game.revenues and other.Take.two million from each school and get all new FULLTIME officials,put mini pro cams.on yard markers,and pylon cams
at the goallines.Either that ,or everyone will know that Stankee and other mooks in the SEC office condone the theft of games by the officials.You talk about it "Just means more" in the SEC,then prove it!

To solve the problem,the SEC paid each.college.around 65 million dollars.for the bowl game.revenues and other.Take.two million from each school and get all new FULLTIME officials,put mini pro cams.on yard markers,and pylon cams
at the goallines.Either that ,or everyone will know that Stankee and other mooks in the SEC office condone the theft of games by the officials.You talk about it "Just means more" in the SEC,then prove it!
College football refs get something like 2-4k per game. While not chump change, it's nothing like the 10-15k per game pro refs get.

Break it down, given the season, it's not a full-time job in college like it is in the pros.

Traditionalists still want to hold on to the "student athlete" and "amateur" status of the players but that's disappearing pretty quickly at the P5 level. These are pro/semi pro teams, increasingly, at the higher levels certainly.

The sooner we move away from calling NCAA football and basketball "amateur" athletics and start running them like pro/semi-pro leagues, the better.

Pro leagues deserve pro referees.

“Standard penalties to a school for fans running onto the field, usually in a celebration after a win, include $50,000 for the first offense, $100,000 for a second offense and $250,000 for a third offense. It might provide a framework, but Sankey will have discretion to go less than or more than that.”

So equal to that of fans storming the field for a third time. Damn I guess next time that’s what we’ll do is just storm the field
Yeah, I think it’s crazy we jumped two levels. Looks like it’ll be paper cups at the next home game

Chump change to a program like Tennessee. Pay it and move along.

A decade of mostly Tennessee football frustration and we finally get a team that is willing to give their all and we get cheated by a bunch of terrible Refs. I personally would never throw anything on the field, but I can understand why fans did it and the frustration they felt. Our team is working their butts off are undermanned with a lot of key injuries and we have to endure the awful officiating that happened Saturday. Terrible that the SEC can't fine people that can effectively officiate an SEC game.
They are also going to need to address the falling out on the field. Players that fall down whether real or fake need to sit out the rest of that possession only way I see to partly address the fake injuries. Players that do it more than once should have to sit out the game we don't want to risk their health any further. I think one Ole Miss player went down about four times.

Any Tennessee fan that believes a fine on the University by the SEC is “too small” or “about right” is nuts. Good grief!

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I think the amount is just right but I think the officials should have to pay something for bad calls this year. This is not the first time for these officials and I promise it wont be the last unless they get fired. Cookie Monster would have done better.

If it was mostly the student section throwing things etc. I don’t get it. They were young children when Kiffin was here. They probably don’t even know anything about the situation.

The University made enough money on the beer sold in just the cans that were thrown onto the field to pay this fine.

VN Store

Back