SEC fine from Saturday's activities

$250,000 fine on Tennessee

• Too high

• Too low

• About right

Results are only viewable after voting.
I didn't watch until near the end, but could anyone enlighten me on what all happened?...I know a lot of it was Kiffin, but the fourth down was conclusively short based on the replays they showed, and that's when they started throwing stuff...What else happened that got them to that point?

Reactions: VolGrad
...and what does that do to the yahoos that threw the trash? Not one thing. Almost as stupid as bowl ban and scholarship reductions against a team that has no one(coaches or players) left that actually participated in the crap we turned ourselves in for.

I didn't watch until near the end, but could anyone enlighten me on what all happened?...I know a lot of it was Kiffin, but the fourth down was conclusively short based on the replays they showed, and that's when they started throwing stuff...What else happened that got them to that point?
I believe it was a culmination of the whole night. Lane first walks out onto the field and gives a smartass wave to the Tennessee fans. Ole Miss players throwing insults at UT Students in the student section. The scoop and score touchdown for UT that was called back. The fourth down call where he was short. Alcohol fueled all day long before the game.

Fake injuries, taunting

That was expected. Schools are held liable for how fans behave. Kinda like a business can be liable if a customer is injured on their premises. It happened on University property, so they are responsible. Don't think that is right? Well, on this point, nobody gives a damn what you think. That is just the way it is.

So go ahead. Try something else in the future. See what happens. They will have a plan in place for dealing with you.

Outrageous. Same as the fine you would get storming the field and tearing down goal posts. And it’s not like the fans who did it care about the fine, and I have no idea what the school could have done extra to prevent it. They announced almost immediately to stop.
and yeah, I am embarrassed by what happened with the bottle throwing

“Standard penalties to a school for fans running onto the field, usually in a celebration after a win, include $50,000 for the first offense, $100,000 for a second offense and $250,000 for a third offense. It might provide a framework, but Sankey will have discretion to go less than or more than that.”

So equal to that of fans storming the field for a third time. Damn I guess next time that’s what we’ll do is just storm the field

All the worthless Alabama mouth but Vandy trophy case Dawg fans want all fans to be barred for their game at Neyland.

They have easily turned into the team and fan base i despise the most.

I say find Greg Sankey’s address and litter his front yard with 250k bottles of water and french’s mustard and he can pick it up himself

Go for it. I am sure he has security cameras. Just too bad flogging is considered an unacceptable punishment.

Reactions: C1500

VN Store

Back